PDA

View Full Version : Arg this paypal thing is getting on my nerves!

Bouncing
05-12-2008, 05:45 PM
Hey, well yeah many of you may know that this newish paypal and ebay rule that sometimes when you sell something your money gets put on hold till 1 of the following, the buyer gives you a positive feedback or when about 21 days pass. Never new this when I sold an item worth about 150 pounds and need the money, they got the item on wednesday (electronic proof of delivery) and haven't heard from them till this morning when I sent a message about the money on hold thing and asked them to leave me feedback and they said their not going to be playing on it till some time next week so they will leave feedback then. Sounds a load of rubbish to me, its the weekend? I'm sure you have an hour to have a look at it. Anyone else ever had this problem?

MrGazet
05-12-2008, 06:11 PM
so wot did u exactly sell?

Bouncing
05-12-2008, 06:31 PM
a high fi set.

MeRkAgE
05-12-2008, 06:56 PM
I think its the safest way imo.
I wouldn't wanna be wasting tons of money, and not getting the thing i wanted.
Thats why i love paypal, your purchases are always protected :D

Bouncing
05-12-2008, 08:21 PM
it may be a safe way of doing things, but very annoying and has put me of selling on ebay again. Imo its not just a quick way of receiving money anymore.

MrGazet
05-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Well,u dn wanna wait tht long,so just try once mre asking them nicely & politely for feedback.

but u got proof of delivery right? shud be alrite i presume

Sunny.
05-12-2008, 08:59 PM
Ring paypal and discuss it with them. Normally they help and if its electronic delivery and it shows an signature similar to the recipents name then they release the hold on the money.

Safe but really pathetic IMO

GL

Bouncing
05-12-2008, 11:51 PM
I did ring up, and told them about my electronic proof of delivery they said there is nothing they can do I will just have to wait. Anyway I'll wait till wednesday and if I haven't received anything by then when he/she said it will be the latest, I will be go sick! All because I want to try and by a PS3/Xbox before christmas!

Javascrypt
05-12-2008, 11:52 PM
yes, slow and annoying system :rolleyes:

Ostinato
06-12-2008, 12:00 AM
Uck it really is getting a bit of a joke.

I mean we all want added security and new-sellers are obviously very high risk, but the fact of the matter is they are equals to everyone else. Just because you may be a new seller and a starter at eBay you shouldn't be treated any different or have any money withheld until some idiot decides to leave you feedback.

We never had anything like that in like 2004 when I joined so I sure as hell don't see why it's got to such extremes now.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!