PDA

View Full Version : My friends fable 2 gives RROD

Scouse
06-12-2008, 07:42 PM
Hi, my friend and member of this forum shoovers bought fable the other day, he got rrod yesterday while playing it. when he had it in his xbox sounded like it was about to take off. not knowing fable caused his rrod, he brought it round to mine earlier for me to lend and it made the same noise with mine so i took it out before i got the rrod. we compared the noise with other games and my xbox was quiet with them all apart from fable. has anyone else had this problem?

Thread Title Changed by MattGarner (Forum Super Moderator): More appropriate thread title for the actual topic.

today
06-12-2008, 07:46 PM
Just pure luck.

Jordy
06-12-2008, 07:52 PM
Possibly the disk and as people regularly say, RROD isn't uncommon so perhaps it's just a coincidence.

RROD happens quite often and Fable 2 is a popular game atm so the chances that it happens to just three Xbox 360's to our knowledge isn't that much of a shocking statistic.

And hey, I played Fable 2 and I'm still seeing a beautiful green circle of light.

Funya Chin
06-12-2008, 07:53 PM
No - that particular DVD makes your XBOX get the RROD. Don't go around slating the game generally.

Scouse
06-12-2008, 07:56 PM
Possibly the disk and as people regularly say, RROD isn't uncommon so perhaps it's just a coincidence.

RROD happens quite often and Fable 2 is a popular game atm so the chances that it happens to just three Xbox 360's to our knowledge isn't that much of a shocking statistic.

And hey, I played Fable 2 and I'm still seeing a beautiful green circle of light.

when you put fable in and play it, does it make a louder noise than your other games?

No - that particular DVD makes your XBOX get the RROD. Don't go around slating the game generally.

how am i slating it? im asking a question if it makes a loud noise with everyone else.

Funya Chin
06-12-2008, 08:18 PM
"fable 2 gives rrod"

The thread title itself does not do the game any justice [from your pov].

It's silly to suggest a game gives RROD.

Javascrypt
06-12-2008, 08:21 PM
when you put fable in and play it, does it make a louder noise than your other games?

how am i slating it? im asking a question if it makes a loud noise with everyone else.

Actually, my fable2 disk is fine.
It has made a roaring sound before though.
Save games to you HD is the best thing to to tbh.
Oh and btw, i already beat the game.

Neil
06-12-2008, 08:39 PM

No, my Fable 2 disk doesn't have a different sound to any other disk, it's just his.

You're saying the game 'Fable 2' gives RROD, not the disk your friend has, 'Fable 2' as a game itself, that is slating it.

My copy hasn't given any of the three xboxs I've played it on RROD so I'd say it's safe to say the game Lionhead developed doesn't kill your xbox.

Scouse
06-12-2008, 08:42 PM
No, my Fable 2 disk doesn't have a different sound to any other disk, it's just his.

You're saying the game 'Fable 2' gives RROD, not the disk your friend has, 'Fable 2' as a game itself, that is slating it.

My copy hasn't given any of the three xboxs I've played it on RROD so I'd say it's safe to say the game Lionhead developed doesn't kill your xbox.

ok sorry, ill get a mod to change the title to friends fable 2 gives rrod!
im asking if anyone else has the same problem.
should he take it back and get a new one?

and funya, its funny that my friend gets fable plays it and his xbox like his xbox is about to take off and i lend it off him, i get the same noise with it but not with any other game? i bet if i carryed on playin it i would of gotten rrod too. as ive had rrod before and it made the same noise. im not saying EVERY fable 2 gives rrod im asking if anyone has had the same problem with the game.

Funya Chin
06-12-2008, 08:45 PM
No, I say get a new XBOX, play the game on that one, get that one RROD'd and repeat the process.

Scouse
06-12-2008, 08:47 PM
No, I say get a new XBOX, play the game on that one, get that one RROD'd and repeat the process.

ok thanks will do rep+

Scouse
06-12-2008, 09:12 PM
sorry doesnt matter

Edit by Robbie! (Forum Moderator) - Please do not double post without adding information

today
06-12-2008, 11:10 PM
As said, just luck lol. -.-'

Shoovers
07-12-2008, 11:50 AM
Does anyone else's fable make your xbox go louder than other games you play ? or is it just mine

07-12-2008, 02:06 PM
just yours

Coheed&Cambria
07-12-2008, 05:41 PM
Everybody i know who has Fable 2 (Including me), Say its fine.

Very strange about it making your xbox go loud then lol.

Shoovers
07-12-2008, 09:28 PM
Proof it's not just mine that gave RROD
http://community.lionhead.com/forums/thread/3182871.aspx
http://community.lionhead.com/forums/thread/3226014.aspx

today
07-12-2008, 09:31 PM
Doesnt mean its the Game, more then likely faulty disk or you've damaged it thus effected the xbox or simply pure luck it happened while Fable 2 was in.

Scouse
07-12-2008, 09:33 PM
hmmm dont think it is luck then is it? seen as ALOT of other people have had the exact same problem. maybe the thread title should go back to what it used to be.

sorry doesnt matter

Edit by Robbie! (Forum Moderator) - Please do not double post without adding information

thought that post was supposed to be deleted?

Doesnt mean its the Game, more then likely faulty disk or you've damaged it thus effected the xbox or simply pure luck it happened while Fable 2 was in.

how could he of damaged it? bought the game, took it out the case, put it in the xbox, broken xbox. i lend the game, i get same noise, take it out before i get rrod. and now he has checked the games website and alot more people have complained about the exact same thing.

Shoovers
07-12-2008, 09:35 PM

I doubt I would have damaged it after playing for roughly 2-3 hours over 2 days and I doubt it's pure luck if lots more people have had the same problem while on the same game

Gonna take the piece of **** back and get Left 4 Dead

today
07-12-2008, 09:38 PM
I doubt I would have damaged it after playing for roughly 2-3 hours over 2 days and I doubt it's pure luck if lots more people have had the same problem while on the same game

I'm not saying that in some cases the disk may of effected the RRoD however more then likely half of the cases were just luck that Fable 2 was inside at the time, it could of been any game.

Scouse
07-12-2008, 09:39 PM

just get a new disk, try it in ours if its the same get your money back

I'm not saying that in some cases the disk may of effected the RRoD however more then likely half of the cases were just luck that Fable 2 was inside at the time, it could of been any game.

the game was making VERY loud noises when i put it into my xbox the same noises as when i got rrod acouple of months ago, i took it out put cod in and it didnt make a sound, put fable back in and then it took off again, now if i would of kept it in, i would of been sending my xbox to germany tomorrow.

Shoovers
07-12-2008, 09:44 PM
just get a new disk, try it in ours if its the same get your money back.

I think I'll just get L4D, no point risking ya own xbox to try a game
Fable was good though the tiny bit that I played

Scouse
07-12-2008, 09:45 PM

well just try it on yours when you get it back haha.

today
07-12-2008, 09:45 PM
just get a new disk, try it in ours if its the same get your money back

the game was making VERY loud noises when i put it into my xbox the same noises as when i got rrod acouple of months ago, i took it out put cod in and it didnt make a sound, put fable back in and then it took off again, now if i would of kept it in, i would of been sending my xbox to germany tomorrow.As i said, some cases it may happen, not all.

It's actually worth more renting it for a day and you can finish it that day too, dont rebuy ;)

Shoovers
07-12-2008, 09:56 PM
I'm not gonna take the chance with fable again, i'll just stick with kingdom of keflings lol. Taking it back to gamestation soon and then have a look what games their are

Scouse
07-12-2008, 10:16 PM
I'm not gonna take the chance with fable again, i'll just stick with kingdom of keflings lol. Taking it back to gamestation soon and then have a look what games their are

well if i get it, and its sound with mine, would you get it?

Shoovers
08-12-2008, 01:18 PM
well if i get it, and its sound with mine, would you get it?

Dunno, mite do. Cos i do wanna play, i just dont want that ******* rrod

Lost_Addict
09-12-2008, 09:43 PM
how about the disc is baddly scratched and its corrupted your xbox when you play it

(no idea how just a random thought lol)

Scouse
09-12-2008, 10:17 PM
how about the disc is baddly scratched and its corrupted your xbox when you play it

it was brand new and doubt it gets scratched from taking out the case and putting it the console and other people with fable have had the same problem.

Lost_Addict
10-12-2008, 07:54 AM
i played had played fable for 2 olid weeks lol and never so much as a glitch lmao

Shoovers
10-12-2008, 01:09 PM

No it wont be that, I'd only had the game for 1 day. I checked the disk aswell and there was no scratches or anything

GommeInc
10-12-2008, 01:40 PM
"fable 2 gives rrod"

The thread title itself does not do the game any justice [from your pov].

It's silly to suggest a game gives RROD.
People who look into things too deep shouldn't be looked at all :rolleyes:

He isn't slating the game, if he was he wouldn't of made the title that, he would of made it more negative by using "add" words like "Fable 2 sucks, it gives RROD." You need an "add" word to make a subject sound negative or 'slate it.' Assumptions are horrible things.

Itmight just be the copy of the game. It might be worth taking it to the shop he bought it from with his receipt and telling them to see for themselves, and get a new copy if possible.

Shoovers
10-12-2008, 02:04 PM
People who look into things too deep shouldn't be looked at all :rolleyes:

He isn't slating the game, if he was he wouldn't of made the title that, he would of made it more negative by using "add" words like "Fable 2 sucks, it gives RROD." You need an "add" word to make a subject sound negative or 'slate it.' Assumptions are horrible things.

Itmight just be the copy of the game. It might be worth taking it to the shop he bought it from with his receipt and telling them to see for themselves, and get a new copy if possible.

I am going to take it back but to get a refund, I'd rather get Left 4 Dead and have a laugh online with my mates

Scouse
11-12-2008, 03:13 PM
I am going to take it back but to get a refund, I'd rather get Left 4 Dead and have a laugh online with my mates

what mates? haha only messin lid. bet ya gutted you cant play it though

Shoovers
11-12-2008, 07:35 PM
what mates? haha only messin lid. bet ya gutted you cant play it though

Not you anyway lol.
Bit gutted but I'd rather play L4D than Fable

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!