PDA

View Full Version : Total members that have visited the forum in the last 24 hours

jackass
06-12-2008, 08:31 PM
It should be added to the bottom of the forum I think, where it shows everyone that has logged into the forum in the past 24 hours.

It would be quite intresting I think!

cocaine
06-12-2008, 08:36 PM
its pointless lol, imagine how long the list would be..

The Cullens
06-12-2008, 08:36 PM
agreed with drugs.

dogboy123
06-12-2008, 08:37 PM
There is on the front page of the forum isn't there :S All the way at the bottom it says whois signed in, and who has signed in today..

deeveeNoh
06-12-2008, 08:37 PM
i also agree with drugs

lol made me laff did that

jackass
06-12-2008, 08:39 PM
There is on the front page of the forum isn't there :S All the way at the bottom it says whois signed in, and who has signed in today..

No, there isn't.

--ss--
06-12-2008, 08:40 PM
List would be far too big and annoying, maybe just have the list on a external page which you can see by going to Quick Links or something.

Ohirian
06-12-2008, 08:42 PM
Don't think theres any need for it?
Although - There could be an option to see it somewhere else.

GommeInc
06-12-2008, 11:56 PM
Just a number if anything, a list would be irritating.

Janet Snakehole
07-12-2008, 12:31 AM

quite right :)

H0BJ0B
07-12-2008, 12:32 AM
What they said - far too long.

Alkaz
07-12-2008, 12:35 AM
Would be cool if their was a thread which automatically updated it self. Like the hotel staff and version status threads.

joshuar
07-12-2008, 12:21 PM
Back in the day there was one added, but even back then the list was so long it would practically take up a whole screen. It could probably be added to the User CP with the option to hide it.

Rapidshare
07-12-2008, 12:49 PM
There should be an 'x' on the side which minuise it so i dont see how people are classing as a problem with taking the whole screen up guys :rolleyes:

jackass
07-12-2008, 03:24 PM
Back in the day there was one added, but even back then the list was so long it would practically take up a whole screen. It could probably be added to the User CP with the option to hide it.

Yeah. I just want to see what it would look like. :P

Nick.
07-12-2008, 05:49 PM
You could just collapse the list as you can do with the current one by clicking the arrows in it's top bar thing.

Callum.
07-12-2008, 06:05 PM
most unpopular forums have it to show their 200 users who have signed in today or whatevr

Decode
07-12-2008, 06:11 PM
Yeah, this should be added. People who don't like it can just collapse it.

camera
08-12-2008, 04:27 PM
not needed

leah
08-12-2008, 04:59 PM
well said ryan :)

luce
08-12-2008, 05:58 PM
Yeah the people who are online now is quite enough :)!

e5
08-12-2008, 06:13 PM
Takes up loads of space......

Rapidshare
08-12-2008, 07:32 PM
Takes up loads of space......

Read the posts :$

Yonder
09-12-2008, 03:56 PM
Ye the list would be massive, if it was really wanted i guess it could only be shown on the user online page, but then again no one would ever see it so quite pointless.

Pyroka
09-12-2008, 03:58 PM
A number would be alright, but tbh the list could be optional on a stats page or something? I went on a VB forum and they had a huge page dedicated to stats, like the person who posted alot in a certain year, or a location, how many people had a certain amount of reps, or how many times they've posted in one section.

Really interesting.

Titch
09-12-2008, 04:03 PM
A number would be alright, but tbh the list could be optional on a stats page or something? I went on a VB forum and they had a huge page dedicated to stats, like the person who posted alot in a certain year, or a location, how many people had a certain amount of reps, or how many times they've posted in one section.

Really interesting.

I would love sumin like that, would eb qutie intresting to view.

Yonder
10-12-2008, 03:50 AM

Really interesting.

Yep the forum takes a year an half to scroll down as it is i wouldn't particular love a load of stats clogging me up but i wouldn't mind having a nosey every now and then at them.

Wootzeh
10-12-2008, 03:24 PM
Yep the forum takes a year an half to scroll down as it is i wouldn't particular love a load of stats clogging me up but i wouldn't mind having a nosey every now and then at them.
-rep ur sig spoils heroes for me ;)
is it not possible to just have the list on a page like /online.php?

jackass
11-12-2008, 06:13 PM
Can management reply please? :)

Jin
11-12-2008, 06:54 PM
Everything is possible but I have always been against these statistical hacks to me they just seem tacky. They seem a way to me for forum owners to falsely prove how popular their boards are.

Still that being said, if the big cheese wants to put it to public vote he may do. Give him a chance to reply.

GommeInc
12-12-2008, 01:27 PM
Everything is possible but I have always been against these statistical hacks to me they just seem tacky. They seem a way to me for forum owners to falsely prove how popular their boards are.

Still that being said, if the big cheese wants to put it to public vote he may do. Give him a chance to reply.
That makes no sense? How can you falsely prove real time stats? The stats are there to prove how popular a forum may be, even though they're just there for statistical reasons. Where does false come into this? Whether it is to show off is speculation unless otherwise mentioned by whoever owns and manages the forum, it would appear to be more for interest for members, rather than to show off :S

Jin
12-12-2008, 02:15 PM
That makes no sense? How can you falsely prove real time stats? The stats are there to prove how popular a forum may be, even though they're just there for statistical reasons. Where does false come into this? Whether it is to show off is speculation unless otherwise mentioned by whoever owns and manages the forum, it would appear to be more for interest for members, rather than to show off :S

What makes no sense is your use of the term "Real-time" this isn't real-time stats is it? The WOL is real-time stats this is periodical statistics.

by retaining a massive list of usernames on your forum over an unneccessary time period. Why on earth is it so important or beneficial to our members to see how many people have logged on to our forum in the last 24 hours.

It's like saying if we retain a list of people who logged in in a 48 hour window then we will have a huge lists of people on our forum, some of which may have registered just to see what the crack is about. Some who do it to troll others who have been banned on other accounts, some just returning for a quick visit before leaving for another 6 months. This will make us look more popular than say clubhabbo.

It makes your forums look more popular or actively used especially on a day where several people have registered just to check it out and are never going to return again.

On top of that it will be inaccurate data anyway, I periodically log in to other members accounts when they are querying about account problems via support system and by forum, doing so it generates an updated last login which will throw off the stats anyway.

If it were to be implemented I would reccomend it should be done so for management only. Members are not going to benefit from the statistics in anyway shape or form.

imo implementing this on a total public way is the same as those websites that display in bold text.

HITS: 29283
YOUR IP: 78.55.67.56
ONLINE: 100%
MOST POPULAR MONTH: JANUARY

It's all completely pointless to a person visiting the site.

Aside from morbid curiosity it serves no purpose to the members.

Pyroka
12-12-2008, 02:33 PM
I'm doing some more investigation into the idea I had about a stats page, I think it may have been confused because I don't care about hits, or my IP, or the most popular month. It's stats more based around the user, what they've done, top posters etc.

I'll post the addon if I find it, it's really awesome.

GoldenMerc
12-12-2008, 02:41 PM
I'm doing some more investigation into the idea I had about a stats page, I think it may have been confused because I don't care about hits, or my IP, or the most popular month. It's stats more based around the user, what they've done, top posters etc.

This?
http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/69383392b508a6ftop5.png

Jin
12-12-2008, 02:45 PM

More than likley what ross has said, in post above but what is being suggested is what clubhabbo (http://www.clubhabboforum.net/) have at the bottom of their forum.

Pyroka
12-12-2008, 02:45 PM
Sort of like that, but a bit more... Well a bit bigger lol. I've got an example, here:

http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/35670a17a8744c2imagetbh.PNG

Yee dig???

GoldenMerc
12-12-2008, 02:48 PM
You can make it like that i think Ryan, You choose what you want and where it goes rly.

Pyroka
12-12-2008, 02:49 PM
Ah alright, well it looks pretty and it goes on a seperate page, so it doesn't clog up the main forum page. It's just another link on the navi. :P

GoldenMerc
12-12-2008, 02:51 PM
http://www.hhgs.net/misc.php?do=cybstats
Like that?

Pyroka
12-12-2008, 02:54 PM
Sort of, look:

http://generalforum.com/stats.php

Might need to register idk.

GoldenMerc
12-12-2008, 02:56 PM
Stupid advetisement *punches Ryan*
That seems to only show me whos using what skin?

Pyroka
13-12-2008, 11:02 PM
Spoken to the owner of the forum, the stats page was "custom-coded and not for sale :)".

today
13-12-2008, 11:40 PM
Spoken to the owner of the forum, the stats page was "custom-coded and not for sale :)".
Ima sure Jinny babes could code something similar, even if its ugly...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!