PDA

View Full Version : Wireless

RSTurbo
07-12-2008, 10:55 AM
Basicly, I didn't have wireless so i went out yesterday and got a wireless router and a adapter as the PC doesn't have wireless built in but the laptop does.

So i got a Buffalo Airstation ADSL2+ Router and Buffalo Adaptor and my ISP is Tiscali.

So im reading the manual and setting it all up finaly i figure it out but i think i've gone wrong along the line somewhere and it says it's connected but when i try and access it with my laptop and PC it says Local only and just has the 2 computers with no Globe around it like it should here's a screenshot...

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z182/joshbmxer/-.png

Says it's connected there but when i open firefox up it just says Page cannot be Opened.

All help will be appreciated, Thanks Josh

RSTurbo
07-12-2008, 01:26 PM
I will give +REP!

RyanDOT
07-12-2008, 02:33 PM
The modem is connected where?

Also Work Offline?

RSTurbo
07-12-2008, 02:58 PM
The modem is connected to the computer ;)
And i just want to get my wireless working Lol.

BeanEgg
07-12-2008, 03:02 PM
On FF:

Tools > Options > Advanced Tab

Check if all your internet information is correct there.

RSTurbo
07-12-2008, 04:46 PM
Seems to be ok..
When i set-up it said something about PPoeP or something and Automatic ip or Static i clicked automatic is that right?

iDenning
07-12-2008, 05:16 PM
I have that router, i have that program and i have the same problem. My laptop says connected yet internet dont work (WLAN) or somot. If you find solution please PM me :]

EDIT: MY THREAD IS IN YOUR SCREENSHOT ROFL

RSTurbo
08-12-2008, 07:16 PM
Yeah help will be good please

Lawyer
10-12-2008, 07:01 AM
Basicly, I didn't have wireless so i went out yesterday and got a wireless router and a adapter as the PC doesn't have wireless built in but the laptop does.

So i got a Buffalo Airstation ADSL2+ Router and Buffalo Adaptor and my ISP is Tiscali.

So im reading the manual and setting it all up finaly i figure it out but i think i've gone wrong along the line somewhere and it says it's connected but when i try and access it with my laptop and PC it says Local only and just has the 2 computers with no Globe around it like it should here's a screenshot...

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z182/joshbmxer/-.png

Says it's connected there but when i open firefox up it just says Page cannot be Opened.

All help will be appreciated, Thanks Josh

Could you please explain how your network is set up. Is your internet adsl or cable? What type of modem do you have and how does the internet connect into it?

Zak
15-12-2008, 01:39 AM
ok right my steps, some people have not mentioned....

1. Make sure wirless adapter is firmly in your PCI slot
2. When your computer is on it should recognise your device and install drivers if not install them manually

Rix
15-12-2008, 01:51 PM
you need to unplug ur modem connected to your pc and plug it into the "internet" or "wan" port on the router

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!