PDA

View Full Version : Straightening tips

Fehm
08-12-2008, 10:37 AM
righhhttt My hair never seems to stay straight

Is there anywayi i can straighten it so it will do lol!

Im using tresemme crap straightners,, and im a guy before anyone starts lol

Blinger1
08-12-2008, 10:44 AM
Get a decent straightener and don't get it wet ;)

Patt
08-12-2008, 11:23 AM
i hate straighteners.

Part your hair into two sections, like you are putting it into pigtails. Put one half of you hair into a pig tail with a bobble and concentrate on the other loose side of your hair. Take a small section of this one half of your hair and clip the rest of it back. Take a tea towel and cover your hand with it.

Put this hand on the underneath of your hair, by your face and take the iron, make sure its set on steam and place that on the outer side of your hair and run both hands down your hair to the ends. Now I know you are probably thinking "What! My hair will burn", but I promise you it won't.

Once this section of hair is straight, and believe me it will go poker straight after 30 seconds, clip it up and get another section and repeat. Once one side of your head is done, tie that back into a pigtail and do the other side. Once you have finished your hair will be incredibly straight and very smooth and shiney.

Janet Snakehole
08-12-2008, 03:22 PM
i used to have tresemme straighteners, and i wondered why my hair never stayed straight - but it was because i didn't have the heat turned all the way up haha, so perhaps check that for starters :)

i would defo recommend GHDs though, they're not expensive as they used to be and they sure do work :)

Indie-Dan
08-12-2008, 05:44 PM
I have quite curly hair when it's not straightened and for ages I was wondering why it was still curly despite me straightening it. For starters:

-Give your hair an initial quick comb just to straighten it out a bit before using the straighteners.. If your hair is messy and all over the place, it won't straighten properly
-Make sure your straighteners are at a decent temperature - too cold and your hair won't straighten
-Do parts of your hair a few times over to get the right look.

Hope this helps, it definitely works for my hair.

Fehm
08-12-2008, 08:34 PM
Lol, Im gettin GHD's for Xmas.. Heats always been turned up max since i got my Tresemme ones lol ;P

Thanks for the tips =]

Alkaz
08-12-2008, 09:33 PM
Take longer to straighten each part.

,impressions
09-12-2008, 06:07 PM
GHD's are great but there's that new one, the read straighteners, same price as GHD's but meant to last twice as long. It might seem expensive but its worth it :D

Memmish
10-12-2008, 03:08 AM
Ghd's are definitely the best, make sure you invest in a good heat defence spray and comb through damp hair before you dry and straighten it, otherwise you will ruin its condition!

Virgin Mary
10-12-2008, 05:25 AM
turn it up to the heat meant for black people hair and use hairspray

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!