PDA

View Full Version : How the hell can I run Windows on my Mac?

Excellent2
09-12-2008, 09:55 PM
Well before I download windows 7 (thanks to DavTaylor) I need to know how to do it on bootcamp. I read somewhere that you HAVE to have the disk with bootcamp though?

Thread moved from 'Technology Discussion' by Yoshimitsui (Forum Super Moderator): To fit the correct section.

Johno
10-12-2008, 04:12 PM
As far as I know you do need the disk for Boot Camp - However if you install VMWare Fusion (like I do) you should be able to run it no problem through a disk image.

Zaub
11-12-2008, 05:29 AM
As said above, you can either use Boot Camp or a Virtual Machine program like VMware or Parallels. (I recommend VMware Fusion (http://www.vmware.com/products/fusion/)). With Boot Camp, everytime you wish to load up Windows, you will need to restart your Mac, but with a Virtual Machine program like VMware, you can just open it up like an additional program.

Hope this helps.

Kyle!
11-12-2008, 07:52 PM
The easiest way to do it is to use VMware Fusion (The best imo) or Parallels. Boot Camp is too much bother, with re-booting etc.

Tom-743
11-12-2008, 07:55 PM
Burn the iso to a disk, make a partition, put the disk in the mac, install windows 7 on the partition you made.

lolwut
14-12-2008, 04:57 PM
The best way I've figured out is to download a XP Pro/Home disc image (.ISO file) off the usual torrent trackers. Then in Parallels Desktop you have the option to make the OS from the image (click "More Options" when it asks for the image) rather than having to burn it to a CD and faff around with all that malarky.

Not sure if the same can be done on VMware Fusion but I'd assume it can else it would kinda suck.

I got two non-English words in that sentence. :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!