PDA

View Full Version : Is the PS3 online alright?

Bouncing
11-12-2008, 04:01 PM
Hey well yeah I was ordering a 360 and I've always wanted a PS3 so my dad said don't order the 360 he will get me a PS3 for christmas. Thing is though, I do love xbox live, is the PS3 online any good? Will you ever be able to talk to your mates like without being in a game like on the home screen like xbox?

J0SH
11-12-2008, 04:04 PM
Probably be a low standard than on Xbox 360 as while you're gaming upto 8 of you can go into a party and chat while on a FPS or whatever, but yeah, I guess it'll be decent. I heard people can use their own mics though, so some people may have really crap ones :P

Wayne
11-12-2008, 04:23 PM
Yeah, free internet. ;)

Josh-H
11-12-2008, 04:25 PM
Let's put it this way, it's certainly free for a reason. It's nothing compared to Xbox Live.

Jack.Lfc
11-12-2008, 09:12 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7386879.stm

Technologic
11-12-2008, 09:57 PM
Ye but the psn has support for ridiculous numbers of people in online games eg 60 players in resistance 2 , 200+ in MAG

kk.
12-12-2008, 05:44 PM
well as i havnt compared the two i cant really give a judgement however, im perfectly happy with the service im getting. Not laggy as much as what you would think. It works fine for the games i have played on and if there is a problem on metal gear onine, its because the person hosting it is lagging out and downloading. As for talking, through playstation home you can phone a friend while playing and you can also have video chats on the XMB, without the video too so i think thats what you were asking?

Casuals
12-12-2008, 06:09 PM
Dosent touch xbox live.

newWORLDorder
13-12-2008, 01:18 PM
Its good, as the people on 'most games' are alright.. when I have played there has not been tons of kids like on Xbox Live. Thats the main downside to XBL with me, hence why I am getting a PS3.

Wootzeh
13-12-2008, 01:20 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7386879.stm
There's no way ps3 will outsell the 360 over xmas =]

mattomsay
13-12-2008, 01:38 PM

wootten is a typical 360 owner dont listen to him. PS3's service is great, i think ps3 and 360 are better and worse than eachother in seperate areas. so it's just a matter of which you prefer.

cause people are buying 360s cause friends are on and they're cheap, cheap for a reason but just cause your friends are on doesnt mean everytime they will want to play with you or play the same game

J0SH
15-12-2008, 10:34 AM
It's a fact PS3 won't oversell 360, 360 is the cheaper console and parents aren't looking to spend a fortune on Christmas gifts, it's all down to bargains, atm Xbox 360 offers a wide family range. :D

Neil
15-12-2008, 11:43 AM

It's a fact PS3 won't oversell 360, 360 is the cheaper console and parents aren't looking to spend a fortune on Christmas gifts, it's all down to bargains, atm Xbox 360 offers a wide family range. :D

I can see PS3 sales getting ahead of 360 sales over Christmas for one reason and one reason only - Just about everyone has 360s by now, PS3 is only getting ahead because they 360 has been out so long millions of people already have them, that is the only reason as far as I'm concerned.

wootten is a typical 360 owner dont listen to him. PS3's service is great, i think ps3 and 360 are better and worse than eachother in seperate areas. so it's just a matter of which you prefer.

cause people are buying 360s cause friends are on and they're cheap, cheap for a reason but just cause your friends are on doesnt mean everytime they will want to play with you or play the same game

You are a typical PS3 owner, "just cause your friends are on doesnt mean everytime they will want to play with you or play the same game" what's that got to do with anything? That will happen with just about every single console ever made, it's not a 360 flaw.

Also I'd rather have a console my friends all have for the chance to play games with them than a console hardly any of them have just because PS3 fanboys are so stuck up they can't admit that the console they are playing on is clearly just not as good.

Too keep on topic, PSN is not even close to Xbox live, it never will be, everytime Sony tries to catch up Microsoft will move ahead, that's how it has been going since the PS2 got online and xbox released xbox live, the xbox has been on top since day one, I wouldn't say PSN is the worst online a console has had, you have to remember the Dreamcast and PS2 had seriously bad online capabilities, the problem is PSN is missing too many things and Sony expects to win people over with "Home" which quite frankly is a piece of crap, it has nice graphics but it seems like a pathetic excuse to not release PSN with voice chat and a decent interface really.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!