PDA

View Full Version : Hacking your Sony Ericsson

timROGERS
14-12-2008, 04:55 PM
Over the weekend I have been messing around with my unused Sony Ericsson W580i that I got as part of my Orange contract.

It was originally Orange branded but I debranded it myself, and put on some generic firmware. This is good because it unlocks all the features (the networks remove a lot of them) and it generally leads to a more stable phone.

This has been good as it unlocks some good features. Firstly, I can use Flash menus. You can get some really interesting menus that I totally different from the default, but I'm not using one at the moment as they're pretty impractical.

You can also use Flash files as wallpapers. At the moment I am using an iPhone home screen wallpaper which shows battery status and time in the same way as the iPhone! To do this, I had to edit system files to hide the operator name from the screen :)

Finally, I also modified the phones menu to give me some better options (swapped PlayNow for New SMS and Fitness for Alarms). I also changed the icons (for example I changed Messaging to a Thunderbird Icon and Walkman to an iTunes icon).

Anyway, that's my boring little monologue done. Reply if you fancy it :)

awelsh
14-12-2008, 04:59 PM
omg, is there any way I can do this to a w810i?

Its orange branded, its been unlocked to all networks but its still got all the rubbish orange stuff on the menus, I know the phone support flash menus becuase my old w810i was unbranded and they worked a charm :)

timROGERS
14-12-2008, 05:12 PM
omg, is there any way I can do this to a w810i?

Its orange branded, its been unlocked to all networks but its still got all the rubbish orange stuff on the menus, I know the phone support flash menus becuase my old w810i was unbranded and they worked a charm :)

You most definetly can debrand it :) It will be easier than mine - mine was difficult cos it is new and isn't compatible with most of the programs. I suggest you have a look on http://www.se-nse.net. There will be a tutorial somewhere :)

Tell me how you get on!

awelsh
14-12-2008, 05:27 PM
You most definetly can debrand it :) It will be easier than mine - mine was difficult cos it is new and isn't compatible with most of the programs. I suggest you have a look on http://www.se-nse.net. There will be a tutorial somewhere :)

Tell me how you get on!

Thanks, I think ive been on there before :) and I do remember finding something, but I didnt have the data cable at that time so I never got round to it. Ill have another look now, +rep for you

AlexOC
14-12-2008, 05:34 PM
Ooh Nice, im gonna try it

Nli.
14-12-2008, 05:45 PM
Could someone possibly find me a link for the K850i? I can't seem to load some parts of the site...

awelsh
14-12-2008, 05:59 PM
Nevermind things not loading, its all too confusing for me :( If someone can link me on there a guide to debrand a w810i I would be very gratefull

timROGERS
14-12-2008, 06:01 PM
By the way guys, be careful when you're doing this - if you make a small mistake you could brick your phone :(

Recursion
14-12-2008, 07:19 PM
That site doesn't load for me :(

I have an old k810i I'd like to try this on.

EDIT: Okay, im registered... now how do I go about hacking my k810i?! :P

timROGERS
14-12-2008, 08:07 PM
That site doesn't load for me :(

I have an old k810i I'd like to try this on.

EDIT: Okay, im registered... now how do I go about hacking my k810i?! :P

I'd just have a look around to be honest. You can do different things with different phones. I expect it can be debranded though.

Recursion
17-12-2008, 10:08 PM
Thanks btw :) I managed to debrand and unlock my k810i :D

illegal
18-12-2008, 11:56 PM
I hacked my previous Sony Ericcson, although be careful and double check sources, you can easily **** up your phone here.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!