PDA

View Full Version : Are Sulake and Habbo UK mad with Real word trading?

TheMovieJerk
14-12-2008, 11:16 PM
Im wondering if its illegal to sell Habbo items on ebay because there are so many doing it also they usally put free with joke, i dont want to get into trouble, and ive been out the game for a while so i need to know whats right and wrong.

There obviously as not strict as Runescape (The Idiots:P) because Habbo hasnt lost trading and dropping in rooms, but i read somewhere once its illegal.

But dont get me wrong people trade V.I.P for Habbo stuff so surely theres no massive differnce when you replace VIP with money?

Thanks guys!:8

Judge Judy
14-12-2008, 11:22 PM
I'm sure a few years back they said it was illegal and is against the Habbo Way, and they've not changed the rule since.

TheMovieJerk
14-12-2008, 11:23 PM
I'm sure a few years back they said it was illegal and is against the Habbo Way, and they've not changed the rule since.
Ok Thanks for that, but what about the back doorers who put free with joke, are they still in danager?:S

Xarea
14-12-2008, 11:24 PM
It's not illegal, even though many people believe it is, but it's not permitted by Habbo. You cannot be prosecuted for it, but Habbo could delete all the furniture and permenantley ban you.

TheMovieJerk
14-12-2008, 11:28 PM
It's not illegal, even though many people believe it is, but it's not permitted by Habbo. You cannot be prosecuted for it, but Habbo could delete all the furniture and permenantley ban you.
So from a picture on ebay of your room and furni and say the name has been taken off and everything, would habbo still know your name etc?

I know it sounds like im diying to run onto ebay and put up all my stuff but im just curious.

Thanks again.

Judge Judy
14-12-2008, 11:36 PM
Well if you're trading your furni like 50 thrones, 12 hcs etc for nothing (on trade box), then they're going to be a wee bit suspictious aren't they :P

TheMovieJerk
14-12-2008, 11:50 PM
Well if you're trading your furni like 50 thrones, 12 hcs etc for nothing (on trade box), then they're going to be a wee bit suspictious aren't they :P
What about room dropping? :rolleyes:

AlexOC
15-12-2008, 12:34 AM
Not illegal.

Just against habbo rules.

so no serious charges.

Art
15-12-2008, 12:53 AM
Dude its obvious youre going to do it :x

TheMovieJerk
15-12-2008, 01:11 AM
Dude its obvious youre going to do it :x
Jee i really jerked up on this one by sounding cocky, that sarcastic smiley did the final blow.

No i aint buying anything Habbo related off ebay or selling, i just want to be aware of the consequences and what can be done and such.

Zak
15-12-2008, 01:20 AM
i just wana say who would buy online habbo furniture

Jxhn
16-12-2008, 08:25 PM
Jee i really jerked up on this one by sounding cocky, that sarcastic smiley did the final blow.

No i aint buying anything Habbo related off ebay or selling, i just want to be aware of the consequences and what can be done and such.

I don't really know what you were trying to say but "i really jerked up on this one" sounds rather disgusting.

Furni for money = not allowed.

Urnuph
16-12-2008, 09:31 PM
I don't really know what you were trying to say but "i really jerked up on this one" sounds rather disgusting.

Furni for money = not allowed.

sounded perfectly fine to me, probably your dirty/horny little teen mind.

Nereo
16-12-2008, 09:40 PM
Jee i really jerked up on this one

sounded perfectly fine to me, probably your dirty/horny little teen mind.

Yeah but you have to admit he didnt really choose his words well did he? :P

Kevin
16-12-2008, 10:19 PM
I belive it is illegal because Habbo own the furniture, and are lending it to you.
The joke idea works though, Say something like:

Selling Joke ~ Recive Habbo throne as a Christmas bonus

Description

I am not selling a habbo throne, im selling you a joke and giving you a throne, you are paying for the joke and the time it takes me to deliver the throne to your room.

Immenseman
16-12-2008, 10:56 PM
At the end of the day sulake is a company they have every reason to be annoyed about it. Money exchanging hands for items within THEIR game then the money should end up in their pocket, if they catch you doing it you will be perm banned I guess.

FiiR3
16-12-2008, 11:03 PM

..Alot of people? Around 90% of The Furniture on Habbo has been bought (The other % = Prizes and Free items), It may not have been bought from existing Habbo users or outside of Habbo but it's all been bought online.

Bit of a silly statement from you really :rolleyes:.

Yonder
17-12-2008, 01:08 AM
Its against the Habbo way and ban - able. I remember one of the sulake staff she was in charge of contacting ebay and getting them removed. Runescape weren't that strict about 2/3 years ago you could by accounts and all sorts. Habbo have let it slip but there isnt a rule against selling a joke and getting free habbo furniture. But i wouldn't advise purchasing or selling but its totally up to you.

You shouldnt add your habbo name to the listing and make sure you put sulakes disclaimer.

Cypher-
17-12-2008, 01:37 AM

Dude I dont give a toss what any Ex or current Habbo user says about saying its lame putting real money into Habbo because everyone has done or does do it, stop wanting to seem like the cool "dude paying for habbo, thats lame" guy as its a continuous trait amongst up their own arse people on this forum. I dont play Habbo anymore but I did buy HC when I did, its like what a few quid a month :S Stop jumping on this guys back for pursuing a question.

zaphod9642
17-12-2008, 08:43 PM
i thought it was illeagal tehir registered items and illeagel and against habbo way to sell them, for real money. anyway ebay close ones that dont say *selling joke* free throne/3hc's etc etc. but if you put selling joke
then your selling a joke and giving t'/hc's etc for free :)

Kevin
17-12-2008, 09:13 PM
i thought it was illeagal tehir registered items and illeagel and against habbo way to sell them, for real money. anyway ebay close ones that dont say *selling joke* free throne/3hc's etc etc. but if you put selling joke
then your selling a joke and giving t'/hc's etc for free :)

I belive it is illegal because Habbo own the furniture, and are lending it to you.
The joke idea works though, Say something like:

Selling Joke ~ Recive Habbo throne as a Christmas bonus

Description

I am not selling a habbo throne, im selling you a joke and giving you a throne, you are paying for the joke and the time it takes me to deliver the throne to your room.

That's what i said... In English.

Oleh
17-12-2008, 10:52 PM
well if you do want to do it, find some trusty buyers and also get some vouches then like you could give them bits of furni everyday in there donation room, then they might not suspect you(if they do check logs)

Alkaz
17-12-2008, 10:54 PM
All habbo furniture is property of Sulake, it does say at the bottom of the site (i think) which makes it illegal to sell furniture on ebay. People sell the jokes with the furniture attached to it to try and make it seem like they arent selling the furniture which they obviously are.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!