PDA

View Full Version : System Restore/Keyloggers

PaintYourTarget
15-12-2008, 01:48 AM
Not too sure if this is the right section, apologies if it isn't.

Anyway, the Windows Security Alerts on my Vista decided to tell me there was an attempted attack by a key logger. I know when this was and pretty sure I got the download canceled immediately (it was an annoying pop up =[). I didn't run a Virus Scan but I did restore my system back a week. Would this eliminate the problem if there was a key logger?

habtasia
15-12-2008, 12:46 PM
Yes it would eliminate the key logger

PaintYourTarget
15-12-2008, 01:38 PM
Cheers matey.

habtasia
15-12-2008, 01:47 PM
Not a problem :D

Kevin
16-12-2008, 09:56 PM
Dont set your computer back a week just for a keylogger, install anti-virus software such as AVG or Avira (Free) Or Kaspersky/NOD32 Paid.

Keylogger's are nothing, there's no need for a system restore, any nub can make a keylogger.

PaintYourTarget
16-12-2008, 10:00 PM
Restores are just quicker and easier. Hadn't done any major system updates for weeks and anti virus' get on my nerves.

Kevin
16-12-2008, 10:11 PM
Restores are just quicker and easier. Hadn't done any major system updates for weeks and anti virus' get on my nerves.

Your going to run into trouble down the line without an antivirus, every computer should have one. Your an easy target without, especially if you enter credit card details/very sensitive information into that computer.

Implement
17-12-2008, 05:51 PM
Excuse the pun, but surfing the web without an anti-virus/firewall is like sleeping with someone and not wearing a condom, you're gonna' get infected sooner rather than later.

I advise you to get NOD32, check up on some sites and learn how to get full version for free etc. If you need full version and can't be bothered to google, don't hesitate to PM me. :)

Hope I helped.

illegal
20-12-2008, 12:34 PM
Dont set your computer back a week just for a keylogger, install anti-virus software such as AVG or Avira (Free) Or Kaspersky/NOD32 Paid.

Keylogger's are nothing, there's no need for a system restore, any nub can make a keylogger.
Any 'nub' can make a virus. It's not hard at all, it's making it FUD and spreading it the internet which is the hard part.

Kevin
20-12-2008, 12:36 PM
Any 'nub' can make a virus. It's not hard at all, it's making it FUD and spreading it the internet which is the hard part.

No, it's not hard to make it undetectable, with certain binders, there's a few which are very exclusive to certain hacking forums, and not many anti viruses pick them up.

Spreading is not hard either, they just bind it onto a program lets say 'ScreenRecorder' the victim downloads it off rapidshare ect and bam there infected

illegal
20-12-2008, 12:38 PM
No, it's not hard to make it undetectable, with certain binders, there's a few which are very exclusive to certain hacking forums, and not many anti viruses pick them up.

Spreading is not hard either, they just bind it onto a program lets say 'ScreenRecorder' the victim downloads it off rapidshare ect and bam there infected
Binding a virus to another application won't change the fact a anti virus will still see it as a virus, you need to change the code around in order to make FUD.

That's one method of spreading, but if your trying to target a group of people, for example:
- Website owners
- Paypal users
- Home banking users
- Habbohotel players

It's much harder.

Kevin
20-12-2008, 12:45 PM
Binding a virus to another application won't change the fact a anti virus will still see it as a virus, you need to change the code around in order to make FUD.

That's one method of spreading, but if your trying to target a group of people, for example:
- Website owners
- Paypal users
- Home banking users
- Habbohotel players

It's much harder.

Illegal come on now, making a virus and making it undetectable is one of the easiest things you can do, if it wasn't Dlox wouldn't be able to do it

habtasia
20-12-2008, 02:38 PM

Absolutely correct!

Wig44.
20-12-2008, 08:21 PM

Yeah, sadly that is true. So lang as only a very small minority of people are infected, and there isn't a massive epidemic then most likely nothing will get submitted to the labs e.g Kaspersky's labs.

Somehow reading that it doesn't ring true, but I know what I mean.

Ardemax
27-12-2008, 11:28 PM
Well, people have tried attacking my computer before, binding all kinds of virus's and trojans. None have gotten past my Common Sense™. Download it if you want.

Clowgon
27-12-2008, 11:42 PM
Well, people have tried attacking my computer before, binding all kinds of virus's and trojans. None have gotten past my Common Sense™. Download it if you want.

Have you got a link for that? :P

Zak
28-12-2008, 11:42 AM
any nub can make a keylogger.

your right!

there's one built into my web browser:P

Ardemax
28-12-2008, 08:22 PM
Have you got a link for that? :P

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sjuCYUbIMSo&feature=PlayList&p=87E0A4642B111742&index=76

yes, yes i have

PaintYourTarget
28-12-2008, 08:31 PM
I'm going with this guy.

Ardemax
28-12-2008, 09:01 PM
I'm going with this guy.

*level up*

Zak
28-12-2008, 10:36 PM
*level up*

rofl!!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!