PDA

View Full Version : Free movie downloads?

Nereo
15-12-2008, 09:23 PM
Hey,

Is there anyway I can download movies for free? I know theres ways for downloading music, but I dont know anyways of getting movies/films (maybe I am being stupid and it isnt possible?).

If anyone can help I would be very grateful and some +Rep as well :P

Oh, I know how to watch movies online for free, but I want to put em on my ipod so I need to download 'em. :)

Wayne
15-12-2008, 09:24 PM
Try Rapidshare for DVD rips and that or Youku for FLV versions.

scottish
15-12-2008, 09:32 PM
sky.com then sky player

DaveTaylor
15-12-2008, 09:39 PM
torrents?

brandon
15-12-2008, 09:40 PM
I use www.iwillsearch4u.com

Nereo
15-12-2008, 09:42 PM
sky.com then sky player

You cant download on that can you? :S

N!ck
15-12-2008, 09:45 PM
BitTorrent. The past, present and future.

Nereo
15-12-2008, 09:47 PM
BitTorrent. The past, present and future.

I've tried torrents in the past. They either:

A. Dont work
B. Take years to download
C. Contatin Viruses

scottish
15-12-2008, 09:48 PM
Yep you can dl from it, although it only stays on your hdd for 30 days (from what i remember)

Snex
15-12-2008, 09:49 PM
I would personally stop using torrents as the movie companies are now taking action towards people who do it, leading to fines in the £1000's

bigdavecox90
15-12-2008, 09:52 PM
sky.com then sky player

How does Sky Player work?

Is it free?

Wootzeh
15-12-2008, 09:53 PM
I would personally stop using torrents as the movie companies are now taking action towards people who do it, leading to fines in the £1000's
no they're not.

scottish
15-12-2008, 09:54 PM
https://skyplayer.sky.com/vod/page/home.do

Snex
15-12-2008, 09:56 PM
no they're not.
Yes they are as I got a letter about it warning if I do it again, legal action will be took.

bigdavecox90
15-12-2008, 09:58 PM
https://skyplayer.sky.com/vod/page/home.do

So it just allows you to watch Sky on your PC instead of TV?

scottish
15-12-2008, 10:02 PM
You can watch live tv, or you can download films and anything aslong as you have a subscription to that channel (you can't download movies if you don't have the movies package on sky :P)

Nereo
15-12-2008, 10:03 PM
So it just allows you to watch Sky on your PC instead of TV?

Seems to be its just the same as BBC iPlayer? :P

You cant download them and put them onto an ipod or anything? You can only watch em.

bigdavecox90
15-12-2008, 10:03 PM
You can watch live tv, or you can download films and anything aslong as you have a subscription to that channel (you can't download movies if you don't have the movies package on sky :P)

But you can watch without paying anything!? :S

N!ck
15-12-2008, 10:20 PM
Seems to be its just the same as BBC iPlayer? :P

You cant download them and put them onto an ipod or anything? You can only watch em.

You can put things from BBC iPlayer on an iPod ;).

scottish
15-12-2008, 10:36 PM
But you can watch without paying anything!? :S

Depends, normal films are free but ones like sky box office ones cost.

Rarelime
15-12-2008, 10:36 PM
mininova.org - aXXo's movies are the best quality

DaveTaylor
15-12-2008, 10:40 PM
LOL Torrents don't contain viruses you utter nub :|

N!ck
15-12-2008, 10:42 PM
mininova.org - aXXo's movies are the best quality

aXXo encodes other people's rips. They are generally the best quality 700MB encodes you can get though.

Nereo
16-12-2008, 11:53 AM

What are you a moron? I got a trojan from a torrent before and I know plenty of people who have been done by torrents, if you reckon they dont contain viruses then your the utter nub :)

:job2
16-12-2008, 12:01 PM
If your downloading torrents and havn't got yourself a decent anti virus then you deserve to get virus's.

A lot of anti virus programs say things contain viruses when in actual fact they don't, they just contain the same TYPE of file viruses have been known to be found in.

Colin-Roberts
16-12-2008, 12:09 PM
axxo torrents.. If you get a virus from a torrent. it's your own fault really, read the comments they usually say if it's a virus or not. I've never downloaded a virus and I use bittorrent almost daily.

Nereo
16-12-2008, 01:49 PM
If your downloading torrents and havn't got yourself a decent anti virus then you deserve to get virus's.

A lot of anti virus programs say things contain viruses when in actual fact they don't, they just contain the same TYPE of file viruses have been known to be found in.

axxo torrents.. If you get a virus from a torrent. it's your own fault really, read the comments they usually say if it's a virus or not. I've never downloaded a virus and I use bittorrent almost daily.

That's both true, and I'm a lot wiser because of it. But thats not the point, he said you couldnt get viruses from torrents at all, which of course is not true and some do contain harmful stuff.

Pyroka
16-12-2008, 01:58 PM
I think torrents are shady, you dont know whats actually in the file after downloading for a couple of hours. Imo it's a waste, and for all you know you could be downloading a program which traces your computer & IP, which I know the police use to catch people downloading.

Thats why I download using Rapidshare & warez nowadays.

Snex
16-12-2008, 03:29 PM
I think torrents are shady, you dont know whats actually in the file after downloading for a couple of hours. Imo it's a waste, and for all you know you could be downloading a program which traces your computer & IP, which I know the police use to catch people downloading.

Thats why I download using Rapidshare & warez nowadays.
This is true as I have got a letter about this lately however it's not done by the police though.

Pyroka
16-12-2008, 03:31 PM
No you're right it's done by the media protection agencies.

Nick.
16-12-2008, 08:05 PM
You can put things from BBC iPlayer on an iPod ;).
Yes, but you need to be connecting to Wi-Fi on your iPod and you can only stream. I think there used to be a way you could download the programs to your iPods flash drive with a jailbroken iPod, but BBC patched it.

I'm a bit shocked you've said that Dave :S I never really knew you insulted 'newbies' like that and btw some torrents do have viruses in them. :/

N!ck
16-12-2008, 08:42 PM
Yes, but you need to be connecting to Wi-Fi on your iPod and you can only stream. I think there used to be a way you could download the programs to your iPods flash drive with a jailbroken iPod, but BBC patched it.

I'm a bit shocked you've said that Dave :S I never really knew you insulted 'newbies' like that and btw some torrents do have viruses in them. :/

No, you can convert them to non DRM wmv files on your computer.

And the only torrents generally containing malware are the ones the nubs download to be fair.

Nick.
16-12-2008, 09:12 PM
No, you can convert them to non DRM wmv files on your computer.

And the only torrents generally containing malware are the ones the nubs download to be fair.
omg link/tut please?

N!ck
16-12-2008, 09:19 PM
omg link/tut please?

FairUse4WM is the best way of doing it. There's other apps which use a lossy conversion. This just strips the DRM. No loss of quality. As far as i am aware it only works on Windows XP. There are Vista fixes, but it's best on XP.

http://rapidshare.com/files/28495302/2007-04-29_DRM_FIX.zip

That also contains a specific version of WMP 11 which you need for it to get some code thingies from so it can remove the DRM.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!