PDA

View Full Version : Perfume questions [+rep]

Holofoil
16-12-2008, 05:35 PM
Hello, I'm looking for perfume for my girlfriend for christmas - I know she likes chanel + lacoste, but wants something different. So I took my nose on a trip to debenhams and went on a sniffing adventure, and I know the kind of stuff she wears generally, and I thought Armani diamonds would suit her, although it seemed a tad sweet.. because she mentioned that the Britney Spears fragrance was sickly sweet. So I tried that, and there were two there, one smelt like a candy shop and one was a lot less sweet but still sweet. I was wondering on the girls' opinions here on how sweet diamonds is.. I want to try get it right :P I have no spending limit btw.

Moh
16-12-2008, 05:41 PM
I'm not very good with female perfumes. But if I was you, I would just stick to something you know she likes. Better than disappointment :)

TAYLOOOOR1
16-12-2008, 05:44 PM
^_^

All girls seem to like "Ghost" And "Diesel"

I must admit they both smelll lovely!

And they are ok in price range!

Hope this has helped <33333

~ Tay x

AlexOC
16-12-2008, 05:45 PM
Hehe

ask the laddayy assistants in the shop, i did one time i needed to get something for a femaleee

The Cullens
16-12-2008, 05:48 PM
Ghost is nice, so is Kate Moss.

colourpot
16-12-2008, 05:55 PM
I agree with the people who have said ghost.

I have a few bottles of it myself tbh

Also diesel is really nice aswell.

Oh. And i tried on a perfume called "Chloe"

It matches what you said about the other perfumes, but it has its own smell and doesnt smell like all the other stuff.

Holofoil
16-12-2008, 06:01 PM
Ok this is difficult. I'll try the suggested ones, thanks people. No more reps now, unless v helpful btw :P

Alkaz
16-12-2008, 06:04 PM
If your girlfriend doesnt like anything too sweet then I suggest CK one for men, my mum wears it and smells very nice. Maybe try another sweetish mans fragrance.

Fifteen
16-12-2008, 06:15 PM
if she likes them she will love Black XS

RyanDOT
16-12-2008, 06:17 PM
Ask your mum, that's what i do.

Mia
23-12-2008, 09:07 PM
Try either Vera Wangs Princess or Angel by Thierry Mugler both are gorgeous IMo

dirrty
23-12-2008, 09:09 PM
jean paul gaultier is the 1 shaped as a body.
av a sniff of dat, smells well nice

Kevin
23-12-2008, 11:17 PM
I think she would really love Flame by BK

Ostinato
24-12-2008, 12:56 AM
Definitely do not get diesel in my opinion. It's really cheap and in work the other day I overheard a few girls actually mocking someones boyfriend for buying it. lol

I know it's shallow and all, but when I get an aftershave I'd rather get a nice more expensive one rather than something at a tenner...

Unfortunately with perfumes it really is individual, as what you might find beautiful someone else can hate.

If you want sweet but not overly - without being biased here I honestly, honestly would recommend Christina Aguilera's. They are very well reasonably priced and starrt from just £18 and you can even get it in a wee set with a gift bag and body lotion.

She has her older one but also the new one Inspire. Both are very nice and are nice and sweet perfumes but just to a nice degree.

Both my mum and girlfriend love them and I have honestly bought them for loads of people lol. This isn't just cause I love christina, lol, if I thought her perfume sucked then I wouldn't buy it.

My mum is someone who doesn't really like overly sweet perfumes and she definitely loved Christina anyway.

You can give them a smell and see wat u think :p

Imnotpure
24-12-2008, 01:26 AM
Just make sure you like it xD

Dan.ox
24-12-2008, 02:14 PM
ralph lauren notorious

kuzkasate
24-12-2008, 05:39 PM
^_^

All girls seem to like "Ghost" And "Diesel"

I must admit they both smelll lovely!

And they are ok in price range!

Hope this has helped <33333

~ Tay x

Agreeded. Or if she is more of a quiet person by her Chanel. Its quite dear but... you know ;]

Mint
02-01-2009, 02:51 AM
can she not just settle for lynx?

Cyndia
04-01-2009, 11:46 PM
I'm not really sure what to recommend since I personally wear perfumes that are pretty citrus-y, so I'd definitely say ask the sale person.. especially if its at a specialty perfume shop or something. I live in the US and there's a specialty shop in my mall that sells mostly foreign perfumes (so that you can buy something that everyone doesn't already have - ie get something unique that'll make people think of you if they ever smell it again) and the saleswomen there is REALLY helpful. I went there to get my boyfriend cologne as a gift, as well as when I was picking out perfume for myself, and both times I only had to list a general sort of smell I liked/give an example of what I used to wear, and they led me straight to a couple different scents that I loved.

By the way, when you're picking out something for your gf, make sure it's a smell you like too! It sucks to date someone who smells strongly of something you don't particulaly like, haha..

... Er wow, my bad. I didn't notice this thread was for a christmas gift and now it's past christmas.. sorry!!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!