PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Live Setup?

Dada
17-12-2008, 10:32 AM
I wasn't to sure if i should put this thread here, or in the microsoft bit. so i put it here :D

neway I am getting an Xbox 360 for christmas and I want to get xbox live.

But I don't have wireless internet/wirless anything
So I was wondering how could i connect it to the xbox from the computer? I can't use the ethernet cord in my modern because thats connecting to the computer and it dosent work with just USB. SO how can i connect it?
Moved by PaulMacC (Forum Moderator): It will be better suited here.

Cwmbran
17-12-2008, 12:04 PM
You could unplug the Ethernet cable from your router and plug it in your xbox when your not using the internet on your computer, but tbh you should get your computer to work using the USB from the modem.

Also this should be under Microsoft as it is Microsoft being related as it is a thread about an Xbox 360.

xBenxx
17-12-2008, 12:14 PM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=G6S4kJaa1ho

Richie
17-12-2008, 12:41 PM
I Have a question too
Should everything be okay im getting xbox 360 live for crimbo and i have wireless internet and a router should it be all okay?

Cwmbran
17-12-2008, 12:48 PM
I Have a question too
Should everything be okay im getting xbox 360 live for crimbo and i have wireless internet and a router should it be all okay?
Everything should be fine as the xbox should automatically detects the isp, gateway dns etc.
if you want to run it wirelessly you will need to get your hands on an xbox360 wireless adapter.

Posts merged by Yoshimitsui (Forum Super Moderator): Due to forum lag.

J0SH
17-12-2008, 04:21 PM
If it doesn't automatically find the DNS etc such as if you're planning on getting wireless adapter, go to run > cmd > type ipconfig /all and then you'd get all your details, you've gotta do that on your computer by the way.

Dada
18-12-2008, 02:51 AM
I found the drivers for my moderm so now the USB works.

Just incase anyone has same problem the Speedstream 4200 siemens xp usb drivers can be found here http://www.modemsupport.com.au/

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!