PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way to change your ISP without paying?

graffiti
17-12-2008, 10:41 PM
Yeah well basically, I might be getting banned on this website and my mate said he thinks it bans your ISP so I was wondering, if you got banned.. would there be any way to hide your ip/ISP apart from a proxy?

Oh yeah and does a proxy just hide your ip or your ip and ISP?

+rep.

Recursion
17-12-2008, 10:46 PM
Hides your IP and ISP... and to be honest, they wouldn't block a while ISP unless it was like Wikipedia the other day.

You can only switch ISPs if you are the bill payer etc etc

graffiti
17-12-2008, 10:49 PM
Hides your IP and ISP... and to be honest, they wouldn't block a while ISP unless it was like Wikipedia the other day.

Thanks, you've helped alot,
are you 100% sure it hides your IP and ISP?

+rep anyway.

Lµke
17-12-2008, 11:23 PM

+rep anyway.

Yes because when using a proxy you are connecting to the server which the proxy is on, then that connects to the website you are visiting, thus keeping your IP and ISP private. All they will see is the web servers IP address.

You can only change ISP for free if your the bill payer and are out of a minimum contract agreement for service (ie your 12 months is up.)

Heinous
17-12-2008, 11:31 PM

If you didn't include "the other day" it would of been funnier.

--

OT: They won't block your ISP, simple. Unlikely they'll really block your IP and it will effect you, as you potentially have a dynamic IP.

Recursion
17-12-2008, 11:32 PM
If you didn't include "the other day" it would of been funnier.

--

OT: They won't block your ISP, simple. Unlikely they'll really block your IP and it will effect you, as you potentially have a dynamic IP.

I wasn't trying to be funny? I dont get it? LMAO

Heinous
17-12-2008, 11:43 PM
I wasn't trying to be funny? I dont get it? LMAO
Humour is a wonderful thing. You should aim to use it more.

Just the way it would of be written, "an ISP wouldn't block a site anyway, unless it was something like Wikipedia" (I swapped ISP blocking a site with site blocking an ISP, but whatever).

Recursion
17-12-2008, 11:48 PM
Hmmm... you need to go to humor classes :eusa_whis lol

illegal
18-12-2008, 11:51 PM

+rep anyway.
Your IP comes from your ISP.

When you connect to a proxy, you connect though the computer to the internet, so you send the data to the computer, which sends it on, then the web server sends it to the proxy, which sends it to you.

Hardly any website's ban ISPs temp, let alone forever, it would just loose their traffic. "Lets ban any Virgin ISP users".

If you really want to change your ISP, you need to find some where to switch to and find out when your current ISP contract ends.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!