PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Good Deal

roundbox00
18-12-2008, 01:22 AM
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?Item=N82E16889433001 (http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?ATT=--&CMP=AFC-C8Junction&Item=N82E16889433001)

I've been looking for 32" monitors under $500, but I wasn't expecting find a monitor this big with a price this cheap? Is this just a really crappy monitor, or could I go with an extra 10 inches for only $499?

Would this screen be good for hi def gaming?

Recursion
18-12-2008, 07:55 AM
Never heard of the make, It isn't full HD, its only 720p because the resolution is crap :P

scottish
18-12-2008, 10:19 AM
Read the reviews;

Cons: Does take 8 seconds to turn on via remote but im a patient person. The sound is not that good on the TV. Has a mechanical "tinny" sound to it sometimes. But for the price, its fine for me. Hooked up a surrond sound system so no biggie

Cons: Beware, audio is poor.

There is no way this TV has 10 watts per channel. I have two 37 inch LCDs that are ten watts and they sound great.

This TV is more like 3-5 watts. You will have to add a good external amp for decent sounding audio.

Cons: Sound is intolerable, you'll need separate speakers. Doesn't respond to the remote well. It's like the first press wakes the thing up, then it works fine. You can't control color balance of individual colors. It is difficult to get the colors right using the limited options available, but after a couple hours of tweaking I found some acceptable settings. I haven't tried a universal remote. I couldn't find the manual online anywhere.

N!ck
18-12-2008, 05:12 PM
This isn't a monitor - it's a crap TV than can be used as a monitor. That's why it's do cheap.

Stephen!
18-12-2008, 05:52 PM
This isn't a monitor - it's a crap TV than can be used as a monitor. That's why it's do cheap.

Indeed. I don't know about anybody else, but I hate using TV's as monitors. You have to be sitting at least 10ft away just to get a decent picture

Recursion
18-12-2008, 09:37 PM
True dat

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!