PDA

View Full Version : They broke the internet

HotelUser
20-12-2008, 01:58 AM
http://blogs.zdnet.com/gadgetreviews/?p=669

Interoute, the internet networks company, reports that three of the four internet sub-cables that run from Asia to North America have been damaged, according a post just published to the Times Online’s Tech Central blog (http://timesonline.typepad.com/technology/2008/12/is-the-internet.html). The cables carry more than 75 percent of traffic between the Middle East, Europe and America. Clearly, if you’re reading this, it hasn’t reached you yet — but the AP is reporting mass outages in Egypt (http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gmea01PjMKwYuU8amN4_n7W0ycEgD955S40G4) as of an hour ago.

I guess we're stuck sharing one cord :P.

Stephen!
20-12-2008, 02:15 AM
My net has been a bit slow today...

HotelUser
20-12-2008, 02:18 AM
My net has been a bit slow today...

HabboxForum is hosted in the USA, if it's been slow for you (yay for being Canadian:D).

Calon
20-12-2008, 02:24 AM
ell oh ell.

That's pretty stupid, what a shame for those countries.

Jahova
20-12-2008, 08:34 AM
What a pity. My internet seems to be doing fine.

:job2
20-12-2008, 11:14 AM
How can you accidentally cut a wire as thick as those?

e5
20-12-2008, 11:19 AM
My internets fine woo!!

Samishlol
20-12-2008, 11:24 AM
My internet is fine

Jordy
20-12-2008, 11:34 AM
The reason our internet is fine is because the majority of the time we access American & European hosted websites, and of course we are in Europe so we are not accessing these cables which directly link up Europe with Asia and Africa. They have a very poor infrastructure and should really have more 'backup' cables running, instead they're rushing to plant them now.

It doesn't mean anywhere's with out net, but most of Asia and North Africa will be having slower speeds, particularly the Middle East where the Internet is now meant to be also dead, this includes the telephone system too bare in mind.

Unless we're accessing websites hosted in Asia it's unlikely they'll be much of a knock-on effect so any posts now saying 'My internet is fine' should be considered as spam.

illegal
20-12-2008, 11:54 AM
They should of already been backup cords in place, but this will teach them for not thinking ahead, at least most people have internet, even if it is very slow.

Flisker
20-12-2008, 12:09 PM
The reason our internet is fine is because the majority of the time we access American & European hosted websites, and of course we are in Europe so we are not accessing these cables which directly link up Europe with Asia and Africa. They have a very poor infrastructure and should really have more 'backup' cables running, instead they're rushing to plant them now.

It doesn't mean anywhere's with out net, but most of Asia and North Africa will be having slower speeds, particularly the Middle East where the Internet is now meant to be also dead, this includes the telephone system too bare in mind.

Unless we're accessing websites hosted in Asia it's unlikely they'll be much of a knock-on effect so any posts now saying 'My internet is fine' should be considered as spam.

My internet is fine.

I can still access Asian/African sites etc.

Jordy
20-12-2008, 01:01 PM
My internet is fine.

I can still access Asian/African sites etc.It's likely that some of North Africa & East/South Asia will be slower.

How many African hosted sites do you know anyway? :S

Turbanators
20-12-2008, 01:11 PM
My internet was playing up I wonder if that's to do with anything, I hope they break Tokyo's internet so they don't have them amazing speeds anymore. :(

Kevin
20-12-2008, 01:18 PM
It's likely that some of North Africa & East/South Asia will be slower.

How many African hosted sites do you know anyway? :S

The headquarters of phonejacker

Recursion
21-12-2008, 05:38 PM
I don't visit any sites hosted in asia anyway LOL

Kevin
21-12-2008, 05:41 PM
I don't visit any sites hosted in asia anyway LOL

You'd be surprised

Shawnstra
22-12-2008, 12:41 AM
I'm in Singapore and the day before yesterday I've have been getting my random drops of my internet. Seems fine now though.

HotelUser
22-12-2008, 01:17 AM
Might be a coincidence but BBC was loading slow for me.

Boxiel
22-12-2008, 09:50 PM
It was Eddie Izzard..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6C_HjWr3Nk&feature=related

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!