PDA

View Full Version : Xbox live Silver vs Gold

Richie
20-12-2008, 05:49 PM
Okay guys,
im not too sure what the differnces are i am getting an xbox for christmas and wanna know to get silver oor gold

i was also wondering if you can play games online wiith other members and what are the differences.

Maybe if you good explain each one

Silver :

Gold :

sorry if there is a thread on this i looked but never found one

Kardan
20-12-2008, 05:51 PM
As far as I know:

Silver: No online play, downloadable content released a few days/weeks later compared to Gold.

Gold: Online play, downloadable content released on Gold first.

Silver's pointless unless you want live for extra content. And I'm sure there's more positives/negatives - I wouldn't know since I've never had silver.

Influix
You can always google, y'know?

Here's what I found,
http://www.360maniac.com/2006/03/10/difference-between-xbox-live-silver-and-gold/

jam666
Basically the main difference between the two is playing online (you need gold to do so) its worth getting gold as otherwise your missing out on a large proportion of the xbox experience!

Richie
20-12-2008, 05:58 PM
well thats why i want it to play other people online if ii cant with silver then its pointless so its basicaly like your not playing online if you have a silver membership?

also i created my gamertag online how do i loginn on my xbox on christmas
enter my email annd password or the perants email annd password?

thanks for all the comments guys youur being great help keep themm coming if you can

Jordy
20-12-2008, 06:06 PM
well thats why i want it to play other people online if ii cant with silver then its pointless so its basicaly like your not playing online if you have a silver membership?

also i created my gamertag online how do i loginn on my xbox on christmas
enter my email annd password or the perants email annd password?

thanks for all the comments guys youur being great help keep themm coming if you canRight well you already are Silver Membership, well done!

Any Gamertag which isn't Gold Membership simply has Silver Membership. Silver Membership is free and endless.

When you created your Gamertag it should be connected to a Windows Live ID (Usually MSN Account). You enter your Windows Live ID and it'll then recover your Gamertag.

Sepron
20-12-2008, 06:10 PM
If your xbox live gold runs out, you will silver and will still be able to send messages to friends aswell, but you wont get the main/fun features

ItsDave
20-12-2008, 09:00 PM
UNO's free for online play if you have XL Silver like me for only the Xmas period though. :/ There's also some other Arcade games you can play for free online without Gold too, I just dunt no.

graffiti
20-12-2008, 09:11 PM
You're stupid.

Edit by Robbie! (Forum Moderator) - Please do not be rude or post pointlessly.

dogboy123
20-12-2008, 09:12 PM
Basically what others have said

Silver = No Online Play

Gold = Online Play

:D:D

Richie
21-12-2008, 04:05 AM
You're stupid.

Please stop being rude im asking a civil question thanks to those who have posted reasonable posts

ItsDave
21-12-2008, 03:15 PM
Basically what others have said

Silver = No Online Play

Gold = Online Play

:D:D

Not true, certain arcade games are free to play online for the Christmas period as a silver member.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!