PDA

View Full Version : Importing a DSi

PaulMacC
20-12-2008, 08:53 PM
I need to know if I import a Japanese DSi will it work with my NA and EU DS games?
Also can I change the language to English or is it stuck Japanese forever.
I was going to buy a new DS seeing as my current one is half-broken but I thought this would be a better option.

Neil
20-12-2008, 09:06 PM
I think you can play any games and not sure about the language thing but I wouldn't be surprised if it was locked to Japanese only.

PaulMacC
20-12-2008, 09:33 PM
It's region locked, just learned.
Does anyone know when it is released in Europe?

You
20-12-2008, 10:12 PM
August 2009

CrazyColaist
21-12-2008, 12:12 AM
the games arent region locked only the the software is.

Neil
21-12-2008, 12:23 AM
the games arent region locked only the the software is.

That makes absolutly no sense at all, the games are the software? :S

I have US games and I have an EU DS so you should be able to play EU And US games on a JP DS.

PaulMacC
21-12-2008, 12:25 AM
DSi's are region locked.
DS's arent.

Neil
21-12-2008, 01:41 AM
DSi's are region locked.
DS's arent.

That sucks. xD Better off with a DS really, I don't see a reason to get a DSi, they removed the gameboy cart. slot so you can't play gameboy games or use the hand grip for guitar hero, seems a bit pointless just to have a DS with a camera on it. :P

PaulMacC
21-12-2008, 02:18 AM
It allows SD compatibility up to 12GB or something and when SD compatibility is introduced there is definatly going to be homebrew.

CrazyColaist
22-12-2008, 11:54 PM
That makes absolutly no sense at all, the games are the software? :S

I have US games and I have an EU DS so you should be able to play EU And US games on a JP DS.

havent yoo heard?

bassicly its like the wii shop. except yuu can buy crap like a pokemon Calculater. and a animal crossing clock.

Those of you who intend to import a DSi (http://www.dsfanboy.com/2008/10/02/nintendo-announces-nintendo-dsi/) from Japan next month may wish to revise your plans, as Nintendo has now confirmed that all DSi software will be region-locked. "DSi software (software that is only compatible with DSi) is region-locked, e.g: European DSi software can only be played on European DSi consoles," stated Nintendo's spokesperson to CVG, brutally driving a stake through our dreams of ever playing Japanese DSWare (http://www.dsfanboy.com/2008/10/06/ds-daily-ware-down/).

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!