PDA

View Full Version : My Y ke keeps jamming

mangle
20-12-2008, 09:32 PM
As you can see in the title. It's tempremental, occasionally it will work just fine but now its messed up. I keep tapping it down and nothing will work, anyone know what is up with it?

Kevin
20-12-2008, 09:42 PM
Keep on pressing it, try and soften it up a little bit, make sure there is no dirt under, if there is keep pressing untill it breaks up then try to remove the dirt from under the keyboard

Nemo
20-12-2008, 09:44 PM
take off key -> clean -> put back on -> profit

Kevin
20-12-2008, 09:46 PM
take off key -> clean -> put back on -> profit

Somtimes you cant just take off the key, as you break the seal, i reccomend you dont do this as you might not be able to put it back on correctly!

Nemo
20-12-2008, 09:48 PM
Somtimes you cant just take off the key, as you break the seal, i reccomend you dont do this as you might not be able to put it back on correctly!
break what seal? the only things that are hard to take off are like spacebar, enter and backspace, the others are easy and come off easily.... with a knife.

mangle
20-12-2008, 09:50 PM
Yeah I don't want to remove them incase I can't get them back on, then I'm screwed.

Describe
20-12-2008, 10:35 PM
yeah basically take it out with a screw driver or something. turn it over, give it a wipe and give the board underneath a wipe aswell. it's horrific the stuff that lays under the keys, just wipe it in a jug of water is what i do when keys stick, it's usually grease/bits from food thats been stuck and been wedged. waters the best way to do things, you just don't realise it as much.

i don't know what your keyboard type is or looks like but you have to remeber that if they were placed on manually then they can come off manually, and be placed back on again. good luck.

mangle
20-12-2008, 10:40 PM
Does it mean anything that it's a laptop keboard?

Urnuph
21-12-2008, 01:03 AM
laptop keys are easy to get off, sometimes a ***** to get back on though.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!