PDA

View Full Version : MySpace stopped using Playlist.com

lolwut
21-12-2008, 11:54 AM
I don't know how many of you have the Project Playlist widget on MySpace, but it seems like MS removed it due to a legal battle with what Playlist.com does...

Could this mean the beginning of the end for sites like Playlist.com and online music sharing?

I had a message from MySpace Help which said:

Your Project Playlist widget has been removed from your profile in response to copyright complaints. We are sorry for the inconvenience, but it is absolutely imperative that MySpace respect the rights of copyright owners, artists and record labels.

Isn't Online Music Free?

No, MySpace, Rhapsody, Napster, Imeem, Yahoo Music, Pandora, Last.FM all pay fees to the artist and record labels for the rights for you to play their music online. It may seem free to you, but if it's legal, someone is probably paying for you to hear the music.

Don't I Have the Right to Listen to Songs I Purchased on Amazon, MySpace, iTunes or on CD in My Project Playlist Player?

No, buying the album or song does not give you the right to put the songs in your Project Playlist Player, or upload them to MySpace, or upload them to any file sharing service.

When will I be able to use a Project Playlist music player on MySpace again?

As soon as their legal situation is settled, and the artists are getting paid, MySpace will consider re-enabling the embedding of Project Playlist music players.

Where Do I Get Legal Playlists for My Profile?

Imeem, Last.FM, iLike, and MySpace Music are all good options.

Thanks for your understanding,
MySpace

I think this means music companies are gonna start cracking down on us :(

scottish
21-12-2008, 01:04 PM
Good. :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!