PDA

View Full Version : Need VBulletin for Charity/Support Forum

partie2
21-12-2008, 03:53 PM
We are needing VBulletin for a new alzhiemers/dementia support forum, if you have a VB which you dont use and would like to help with this project then please get in contact as it will be a great help and you will be helping to offer support to lots of people throughout the UK who suffer from this disease.

Below is a link to a thread which has a bitmore information about what the project is about:

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=546031

If you have any questions or comments feel free to reply to this or PM me :)

Regards,

P2

Kevin
21-12-2008, 05:49 PM
We are needing VBulletin for a new alzhiemers/dementia support forum, if you have a VB which you dont use and would like to help with this project then please get in contact as it will be a great help and you will be helping to offer support to lots of people throughout the UK who suffer from this disease.

Below is a link to a thread which has a bitmore information about what the project is about:

http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=546031

If you have any questions or comments feel free to reply to this or PM me :)

Regards,

P2

Your going to have to design a script or somthing, the server will be totally lagged out with all the forgotten password requests

iJoe
21-12-2008, 11:10 PM
Why does it require a Vbulletin? There is lots of free forum software around

partie2
21-12-2008, 11:40 PM
Why does it require a Vbulletin? There is lots of free forum software around

That is true but I know how to use VB best and it is the best quality.

iJoe
21-12-2008, 11:49 PM
well learn how to use another. Mybb is an excellent free forum and you can even get skins to make it look like vb.

partie2
22-12-2008, 12:22 AM
Im going to see if someone will support the site by allow us to use there VB if I cannot find someone who will support the site then I will look into other options. :D

Thai-Man-Land
22-12-2008, 08:17 PM
Your going to have to design a script or somthing, the server will be totally lagged out with all the forgotten password requests
that was real, real low.

Kevin
22-12-2008, 09:34 PM
that was real, real low.

O for god sakes lighten up

TheEclipse
24-12-2008, 12:40 PM
I don't have one, but good luck with it. I don't see the harm in asking if people could donate one to you.

CHTom
24-12-2008, 03:41 PM

That made me laugh so much.

I'm going to hell for that LOL

NN-Dom
24-12-2008, 04:54 PM
That made me laugh so much.

I'm going to hell for that LOL

lmao same
though was tite :eusa_booh

BainzeyHosting
25-12-2008, 12:05 PM
I have a vb license, I can give it to you for £18 / month ?

Agnostic Bear
25-12-2008, 03:02 PM

Lol holy **** +rep that was great

Jackbee
26-12-2008, 06:19 PM
True though.. would you really go on a forum if you had alzhiemers/dementia??

partie2
28-12-2008, 10:41 AM
True though.. would you really go on a forum if you had alzhiemers/dementia??

The forum is more for support to familes/friends of people who have dementia as these are the people who care for alot of people with dementia but also there is people with dementia who can lead mainly normal lives who will still be able to us the site to seek advice and support.

Jackbee
28-12-2008, 10:42 AM
The forum is more for support to familes/friends of people who have dementia as these are the people who care for alot of people with dementia but also there is people with dementia who can lead mainly normal lives who will still be able to us the site to seek advice and support.

Wouldn't they go to a proffesional, well-established company for that?

partie2
28-12-2008, 11:39 AM
Wouldn't they go to a proffesional, well-established company for that?

Im not talking about giving medical advice more like how other people have coped in similar situations, where they can turn to get professional help, where there nearest alzhiemers society is to them etc.

Yes there is proffesionals you can see but alot of the time people like to speak about the problems they are going through with dementia with people who are/have gone through the same thing.

Kevin
28-12-2008, 11:48 AM
Im not talking about giving medical advice more like how other people have coped in similar situations, where they can turn to get professional help, where there nearest alzhiemers society is to them etc.

Yes there is proffesionals you can see but alot of the time people like to speak about the problems they are going through with dementia with people who are/have gone through the same thing.

What age are you, it sounds like your carrying alot of weight on your shoulders to make an alzheimers community, it's a nice idea but I just dont think it would take off nor would there be much interest in it

TheEclipse
28-12-2008, 12:08 PM
I disagree. People have interest in talking about their problems.

partie2
28-12-2008, 12:16 PM
Im 18 and I think that alot of people have mis-understood what im trying to achieve with this site. Im not going to be starting a one man charity but to start a online community for people who would like to talk about the problems connected with dementia on the site from past experience I learnt there wasnt out there for people to just get together and discuss the issues connected with it and so that is why I would like to start this site. :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!