PDA

View Full Version : I'm a pc adverts....

myke
21-12-2008, 10:10 PM
Don't make any sense to me? Can anyone explain?

Invent
21-12-2008, 10:13 PM
They're meant to get rid of the stereotype that Windows users are boring working stiffs when Windows users are actually lots of different types of creative people.

Basically, it's fighting back at the pathetic stereotype Apple tried to make through their adverts.

Flisker
21-12-2008, 10:14 PM
It means something like Windows is a massive package to help in the office etc so it has no walls

"Office with no walls"

EDIT: or what Simon said xD

Jordy
21-12-2008, 10:16 PM
Microsoft's new Windows advert talks about life without walls...

Surely life without walls is a Window's worst nightmare???

Very poor joke :P

mangle
21-12-2008, 10:17 PM

Tumbleweed...

Haha wasn't that bad, and eah they're basically trying to get rid of the stereotype.

GommeInc
21-12-2008, 10:21 PM

That's called a "conservatory" ;)

:P

I prefer the Windows ads to the Apple Ads, they put something across, while Apple ads put nothing across and just target a rival company. Asda adverts are bad for that very reason.

Judge Judy
21-12-2008, 10:25 PM

I prefer the Windows ads to the Apple Ads, they put something across, while Apple ads put nothing across and just target a rival company. Asda adverts are bad for that very reason.

I hate those ASDA ads, it's like "LOOK AT HOW MANY OFFERS TESCO GOT", then a wee arrow with one or something like that. Then it goes "LOOK AT US ASDA COS WE ARE LEET (nothing like that but yeah)" then shows 1 million offers with a big arrow crushing the little arrow showing their superiorness.

I like those i'm a pc advert, my friends do because they're 'lame' - but they don't get the advert

Soy
21-12-2008, 10:26 PM
It was the old Apple adverts they used to have.

Trying to convince people that Mac's are better than PC's ALL the time in every aspect, this obviosly isn't true as PC beats Mac's at many things. Usually price, variety, gaming etc.
Anyway good to finnally see a comeback from Windows. Looks like there prices weren't effected at all by Apples little scheme.

GommeInc
21-12-2008, 11:09 PM
I hate those ASDA ads, it's like "LOOK AT HOW MANY OFFERS TESCO GOT", then a wee arrow with one or something like that. Then it goes "LOOK AT US ASDA COS WE ARE LEET (nothing like that but yeah)" then shows 1 million offers with a big arrow crushing the little arrow showing their superiorness.

I like those i'm a pc advert, my friends do because they're 'lame' - but they don't get the advert
I still think Tescos is better price wise, because if you have a clubcard, what you buy is added up as points and you get alot back in vouchers :D So yeah, they suck immensely :P

Has anyone else noticed the Windows adverts are now showing clips people have sent in? They can be interesting :D

RedStratocas
21-12-2008, 11:13 PM
yeah, girl talk is in one of those commercials. though im a mac user, lol.

yeah, microsoft had to do something, they stopped even bothering to advertise for vista since it got such a bad name.

HotelUser
22-12-2008, 01:20 AM
They're meant to get rid of the stereotype that Windows users are boring working stiffs when Windows users are actually lots of different types of creative people.

Basically, it's fighting back at the pathetic stereotype Apple tried to make through their adverts.

I don't normally like the Mac vs PC adds (though the Christmas ones are good). Then again, the Microsoft add with that comedian in the shoe store was one of the worst ads I've ever seen in my life.

yeah, girl talk is in one of those commercials. though im a mac user, lol.

yeah, microsoft had to do something, they stopped even bothering to advertise for vista since it got such a bad name.

We don't call it Vista any more. We call it Windows. Vista was associated with a terrible operating system, so we don't use that word.

Agnostic Bear
22-12-2008, 11:07 AM
I don't normally like the Mac vs PC adds (though the Christmas ones are good). Then again, the Microsoft add with that comedian in the shoe store was one of the worst ads I've ever seen in my life.
It was possibly the most awesome ad the world has ever seen, a few minutes of the richest guy in the world and another dude just dicking about is pure awesome. To hell with Windows, 2 guys, a shoe & CAKE.

We don't call it Vista any more. We call it Windows. Vista was associated with a terrible operating system, so we don't use that word.
Vista is a fine operating system :)

Flisker
22-12-2008, 11:57 AM
It was possibly the most awesome ad the world has ever seen, a few minutes of the richest guy in the world and another dude just dicking about is pure awesome. To hell with Windows, 2 guys, a shoe & CAKE.

worrrrd.

HotelUser
22-12-2008, 02:36 PM
Ah, so we agree to like the add then;)

Sure is fine. People who love their computer coming preloaded with a piece of crap as opposed so something functional love Vista. I don't agree with these people, however. I upgraded my PC to XP.

Agnostic Bear
22-12-2008, 03:10 PM
People who love their computer coming preloaded with a piece of crap as opposed so something functional love Vista. I don't agree with these people, however. I upgraded my PC to XP.

You can't upgrade to XP from Vista, Vista is more recent you can only downgrade.

Vista is great unless you have a slow pc. Stop buying PC's from OEMs, they load it with crap, Vista default comes with no crap.

Robbie
22-12-2008, 03:19 PM
He always uses the term 'upgrade' as he sees at as an upgrade because he hates Vista

HotelUser
22-12-2008, 08:38 PM
You can't upgrade to XP from Vista, Vista is more recent you can only downgrade.
Installing XP over Vista is an upgrade in my opinion.

Vista is great unless you have a slow pc. Stop buying PC's from OEMs, they load it with crap, Vista default comes with no crap.
I clearly meant PCs come loaded with Vista. Whether or not it's OEM or not it's still crap.

He always uses the term 'upgrade' as he sees at as an upgrade because he hates Vista
In my opinion Microsoft made some serious mistakes with Vista. Hopefully, Windows 7 will be an improvement.

Decode
22-12-2008, 10:21 PM
Hoteluser, what is your problem with vista. If you have 1.5GB of ram or more its more stable, better looking and easier to use. If you have a problem when upgrading that is the company who makes your computers fault for not providing up to date drivers that do not work on vista, not Microsofts fault. If you have vista on a new computer you have bought it will work fine. I just don't see what your problem is with it...

EDIT: What serious mistakes did Microsoft make with vista?

HotelUser
22-12-2008, 11:57 PM
Hoteluser, what is your problem with vista. If you have 1.5GB of ram or more its more stable, better looking and easier to use. If you have a problem when upgrading that is the company who makes your computers fault for not providing up to date drivers that do not work on vista, not Microsofts fault. If you have vista on a new computer you have bought it will work fine. I just don't see what your problem is with it...

EDIT: What serious mistakes did Microsoft make with vista?
Just because you have the ram doesn't mean you should waste it on the OS. I don't like Vista for a number of reasons really (and then there are reasons why I like it). It just turns out that the good doesn't out weight the bad for me.
- Half my applications wouldn't work (I had a better chance of running some things on Ubuntu with Wine than I did on Vista).
- The boot time, despite disabling many startup programs was ridiculously slow (before I loaded anything software onto my machine. I even vlited an installation to see if it would be faster. It was, however not stupendously.
- Three times after going through a Windows Update while running Vista my installation contracted errors. I had to run the repair wizard, and one time reimage.
- I was running Vista on my Intel 2 duo with 1GB of ram out of the box...that lasted for about a week before I had to buy even more ram to compensate for running Vista. It was just generally slow. Get photoshop, Firefox and even a media player going, and everything would be ridiculously slow. I never had that problem on less powerful XP machines
- A more obvious flaw was UAC, though that's easily disabled.
- I found a total lack of driver support for laptops running Vista...even out of the box.
- The "Aero Experience" decided it wanted to disable itself every five minutes(because Vista froze more for me, and each time it disabled Aero).

What I liked...
- Extra zoom/undos in paint .
- Index feature (though on my XP Netbook I've discovered a similar tool called viStart.
- Hovering over windows in the taskbar shows a preview
- DirectX10 (although it really didn't do much for me, as I never did end up getting FlightSim working).
- SP1 was a small improvement in performance.

Although the improvements were good, running Vista isn't worth while for me.

CrazyColaist
23-12-2008, 04:04 AM
I still think Tescos is better price wise, because if you have a clubcard, what you buy is added up as points and you get alot back in vouchers :D So yeah, they suck immensely :P

Has anyone else noticed the Windows adverts are now showing clips people have sent in? They can be interesting :D

and i bet most of the "cheap stuff" is asda branded anyway like asda's lemonade and asda's chocolate.

wrank stuff.

DrLacero
23-12-2008, 04:54 AM
They should have just gone all out and told us their market share, I would have lol'd

Also, did anyone else notice the music from the ASDA advert is "Who do you think you are kidding (Mr. Hitler)" from Dad's Army? Pathetic.

Agnostic Bear
23-12-2008, 07:03 AM
They should have just gone all out and told us their market share, I would have lol'd

Also, did anyone else notice the music from the ASDA advert is "Who do you think you are kidding (Mr. Hitler)" from Dad's Army? Pathetic.

It's a classic tune, and it's not pathetic it's great and Asda give good deals why is there no :colbert:

Wig44.
27-12-2008, 01:42 PM

Subliminal message is subliminal :P

Hitman
30-12-2008, 12:05 PM
It's not that hard to get them...

It cracks me up when the guy goes, "IMA PC ND I SELL FISH".

Recursion
30-12-2008, 12:19 PM
Ah, so we agree to like the add then;)
Sure is fine. People who love their computer coming preloaded with a piece of crap as opposed so something functional love Vista. I don't agree with these people, however. I upgraded my PC to XP.

Why do you constantly fire at other people's opinions? Its there opinions let it be, you used to be a pretty cool guy... until you got a Mac. Is this some kind of thing owning a Mac does to you? Turning you into an arrogant little *****?

Edited by MattGarner (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not be rude towards other members.

Firehorse
30-12-2008, 01:41 PM
Vista isn't worse than xp at all. Okay, so pc manufacturers starting badly at first building vista pc's to a bad spec not realising that what they were doing was giving vista a bad name. But now the industry has caught up with itself, an average home computer now comes with 3gigs of ram and a good processor.

HotelUser were you using a 64bit edition of vista? if so that is most likely the reason why so many things didn't work on your pc, many of these things are likely silly little mistakes made by you, you just need to know how to handle them.

Also you cannot slate vista for your own single experience, get a decent pc and try it again now and you won't be so frustrated with it. I can multitask on mine perfectly fine without slowing it down, just check your background services which you don't need and also set your power mode to performance instead of power saver, should help a lot.

Just a tip!

Recursion
30-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Im fine on x64

Agnostic Bear
30-12-2008, 01:56 PM
HotelUser were you using a 64bit edition of vista? if so that is most likely the reason why so many things didn't work on your pc, many of these things are likely silly little mistakes made by you, you just need to know how to handle them.

What. It's not lunix Vista x64 doesn't break at all.

Nick.
03-01-2009, 08:16 PM

The whole point of adverts is to fight competition, so why not make your main competitors product sound crap? It's all about money.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!