PDA

View Full Version : 1G & 2G iPod Touch

Neil
22-12-2008, 01:38 AM
What is the differences between these? Like visible ones since I don't really know what one I'm getting I'm hoping for 2G but I've got a feeling it's 1G.

Is there anything that's obvious to someone that has no idea what they're looking for? xD

Source
22-12-2008, 01:49 AM
Its things such as external speakers, support for VOIP (voice calls via wifi), chrome back, faster here and their. Fits better in the hand imo aswel.

Not huge differences, but noticable.

Jaysun
22-12-2008, 01:54 AM
Also has volume control buttons.

Captain
22-12-2008, 01:55 AM
What is the differences between these? Like visible ones since I don't really know what one I'm getting I'm hoping for 2G but I've got a feeling it's 1G.

Is there anything that's obvious to someone that has no idea what they're looking for? xD

Your in the same boat as me for Chrimbo :P

CraigOrb
22-12-2008, 04:10 AM
I would say the most noticeable changes are the thickness and the external speaker.

Mickster
22-12-2008, 09:37 AM
The 2G comes in a clear plastic box, but the 1G comes in a grey matte box similar to the iPhone.

Nick.
22-12-2008, 10:04 AM
The 2G comes in a clear plastic box, but the 1G comes in a grey matte box similar to the iPhone.
The 1G box was nicer, Apple really cheapened out with the 2G.

Either way there are hundreds of threads like this. Search or use www.apple.com/uk/itunes

Neil
22-12-2008, 04:19 PM
I could probably spot some of these differences, I just have to hope my mum bought the more expensive one I guess. :P

Carlsta
22-12-2008, 11:19 PM
I'm getting the Gen 1 for christmas... i'm happy with either tbh:P

Battery life is meant to be better on new one
Your meant to be able to hear without speakers
Volume button has been put on the side...

Indie-Dan
23-12-2008, 01:18 PM
The only differences between the two, as far as I'm concerned, is that the 2g comes with external volume controls on the side, it's about half the thickness of the 1g and it comes with a built in speaker so you can listen without earphones.
Also, the 2g is cheaper but cannot be jailbroken (yet). And if you buy a 1g, there's always a chance that you may have to pay for the software upgrade to get the App Store, whereas the 2g definitely comes with the App Store.

Captain
23-12-2008, 01:23 PM
Oh so not only do fork out the cash for a ipod touch 1G but you also have to fork out for the upgrade?

Upgrades should be free, afterall they do make alot of money through the apps its self.

Mickster
23-12-2008, 06:55 PM
Oh so not only do fork out the cash for a ipod touch 1G but you also have to fork out for the upgrade?

Upgrades should be free, afterall they do make alot of money through the apps its self.

No, what he meant was the 1G was more expensive when it was first released. There is quite a large gap in prices now though, with the 1G definately having more value for money.

I do agree about the upgrades but if you search around you might find a certain file... ;)

Captain
23-12-2008, 07:28 PM
Links are appreciated;)

Nick.
23-12-2008, 07:37 PM
Links are appreciated;)
torrents are a great invention.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!