PDA

View Full Version : iPod Screen Lock

Thai-Man-Land
23-12-2008, 10:44 AM
I found my ipod under my bed, and I went to switch it on and the screen lock is on, but I forgot the combination.

Is there a way to reset it?

+rep to useful replies

Merry Christmas =]

cocaine
23-12-2008, 10:45 AM
hold the middle button and the play/pause button and it should reset.

SamP
23-12-2008, 10:56 AM
To restart the iPod, hold down middle button and play/pause for a few seconds, until you see that the iPod is restarting.

If that doesn’t work, use iTunes to reset it to the settings the iPod had when you bought it.

Tomm
23-12-2008, 11:10 AM
Plug it into the computer you original set your iPod up on and it will unlock it for you.

cocaine
23-12-2008, 11:14 AM
If that doesn’t work, use iTunes to reset it to the settings the iPod had when you bought it.

actually thats called restoring.

SamP
23-12-2008, 11:15 AM
actually thats called restoring.
Whoops, sorry :P

Kevin
23-12-2008, 11:53 AM
Whoops, sorry :P

You could have caused a right mess there! he could have gone ahead and 'resetted it' while loosing ALL of his content

SamP
23-12-2008, 12:14 PM
You could have caused a right mess there! he could have gone ahead and 'resetted it' while loosing ALL of his content
Well Restoring will do that too, since you will restore it to factory settings… So even if you call it restoring or reset (Apple calls it restoring) – you will lose the data on the iPod.

Kevin
23-12-2008, 01:22 PM
Well Restoring will do that too, since you will restore it to factory settings… So even if you call it restoring or reset (Apple calls it restoring) – you will lose the data on the iPod.

receting something is usually turning it on and off like pressing the power button at the top of the ipod to turn it off

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!