PDA

View Full Version : You get on with your Next Door Neighbors?

Clowgon
23-12-2008, 04:01 PM
It's just a matter of hello and goodbye really.

Kardan
23-12-2008, 04:05 PM
Ones to the left of my house are a middle aged couple... Don't really speak to them except the time we saved their house going up in flames.

Ones to the right of my house... I'm not sure if they've moved out or if anyone's even living there at the moment.

clarissa !!
23-12-2008, 04:07 PM
we only have one set of neighbours and theyre an elderly asian couple we dont speak except the odd HELLO if we pass when we go out/in the house

Geraint
23-12-2008, 04:10 PM
To our left are a young couple with a new baby. Never really talk to them.

To our right we have a middle-aged woman who is a friend of my mum and is my mum's occupational nurse. They talk.

LoveToStack
23-12-2008, 04:10 PM
Er, left and right yes but we used to have uber hatred for the people to our right, idk why. The people across from us are proper chavs though. There's a 15-year-old kid there who has a child of his own.

clarissa !!
23-12-2008, 04:12 PM
would you expect any less from glasgow :{

buttons
23-12-2008, 04:12 PM
the right are a young couple with a baby but the dude is pretty fit so i'm not complaining really and the one on the left is a middle aged man that fancies my mam so we get invited for parties there so yeh it's alright we all get on

but before it used to be a youngish guy on the left always moaning & a 17 year old always partying which also got annoying on the right ~~~

Mathew
23-12-2008, 04:14 PM
The people one one side are always moody because we built some decking at the end of our garden. We also threatened to build a two storey extension, however they complained to the authorities it would "block their light".

Other side.. yes we get on with them very well. :)

dirrty
23-12-2008, 04:14 PM
on the right the wife was my mums colleague so its more than a simple hello, but on the left its just a hello.

Minstrels
23-12-2008, 04:16 PM
the one on the right has been invaded by builders so nobody is in der.
the one on the left are reet.

Jordy
23-12-2008, 04:19 PM
On the left is just a bunch of Chavs, my parents manage the odd hello but most the time they're just racing around the block in their huge range of Corsa's and stuff making a loud noise on Friday Nights. Seriously they've got about 5 crap cars lined up on the drive and they just tune them all the time for a living.

On the right it's just strange, my parents just don't get on with them at all, they've argued and never got on for many many years and I've never been told why, it's weird.

g
23-12-2008, 04:21 PM
one on ma left is a granny she allways complains bout ma bass speakers

one on the right is pretty cool tho

Immenseman
23-12-2008, 04:34 PM
on one side, yes. on the other, kinda.

MrGazet
23-12-2008, 04:37 PM
No.on my right is a high court judge..u no how tht works and no one on my left.used to be a chinese family who likes to play odd chinese opera songs so loud -.-' no offence but just not liking it heh.i dont no my neighbours well n we dun talk

Andeeh
23-12-2008, 05:11 PM
On the right is some old man who seems to spend alot of time in his pc room hmm...

and to the left old couple really nice hello when i walk to skl and i somtimes see him at the shop gettin his paper and my mates say hello to lol ;)

Naruto!
23-12-2008, 05:21 PM
The left are cool, they just had a baby and we talk to them quite alot. The right are like ***.. they have a dog that barks in the middle of the night..

GoldenMerc
23-12-2008, 05:24 PM
yh we have street partys with some of them, and new years partys. the people on the right r well wingey though but thats about it.

Geraint
23-12-2008, 06:05 PM
Since I ******* next door's daughter, they haven't really been too keen on us.

William93
23-12-2008, 10:33 PM
On one side is a ****, on the other are a really nice couple.

Andys
23-12-2008, 11:09 PM
left not really
right my dad speaks to him allllllll the time lol

Mitch4?
23-12-2008, 11:11 PM
right side are a man and woman about 55-60, really nice we always go around to each others house if we get rooms done or something, nice and friendly. we also get on with their family too who visit all the time.
left side is a couple about 75-80, really nice couple. Always go around if i forget my key and we sit there and watch weakest link together haha.
My neighbourghs are all nice minus one three doors down, and one about ten doors down.

Clowgon
24-12-2008, 12:25 AM
right side are a man and woman about 55-60, really nice we always go around to each others house if we get rooms done or something, nice and friendly. we also get on with their family too who visit all the time.
left side is a couple about 75-80, really nice couple. Always go around if i forget my key and we sit there and watch weakest link together haha.
My neighbourghs are all nice minus one three doors down, and one about ten doors down.

Quite a nice set of neighbors you got there.

CrazyColaist
24-12-2008, 12:37 AM
one side my mums like bmfl with and her husband plays golf with my mums husband,

other side. he's a utter .... lmao. he has a go for a dog barking in the middle off the day isnt that what dogs are supposed to do.. bark

but since i had a go at him. he hasnt been shouting or making up crap lol

Blinger1
24-12-2008, 12:48 AM
On the right, hell no!

He complained about a wild frog that ended up in our pond (no, we didn't put it there). When we bought an air conditioner, we got it professionally installed and it 'clogged up' his air conditioner when they were cutitng the tiles in our roof.
Complains about our neighbour on the left's (there is our house between the two) music if it can be heard.
Will complain if our aircon is on at night, apparently it was the sound of a chainsaw????!!!!

The list goes on, pain in the ass to live next to.

The one on the left is alright, young couple but we don't really talk, only if we need to :P

ToxicPaddy
24-12-2008, 02:33 AM
I don't think our neighbour likes me, because my sister was in the garden and I shouted out the window to her 'oi ******' (rhymes with anchor) and he looked at me looking shocked. I was lost for words and just said 'erm sorry that was to my sister.. not you..' and he just went indoors :/

24-12-2008, 02:36 AM
We have a set of neighbors that we are family friends with pretty much

ToxicPaddy
24-12-2008, 02:43 AM
We have a set of neighbors that we are family friends with pretty much

All neighbours get on in the US, or at least know each other. It's much different in the UK :P

graffiti
24-12-2008, 02:46 AM
left - yes
right - no

leah
24-12-2008, 07:25 AM
one side we don't know
the other side we did until they let their juvinile delinkwent of a son move in with them...

Minstrels
24-12-2008, 07:41 AM
one side we don't know
the other side we did until they let their juvinile delinkwent of a son move in with them...
:eusa_eh::eusa_doh::eusa_shif:eusa_thin:confused_: rolleyes_

Herman
24-12-2008, 08:07 AM
I live in an apartment. There are 5 other apartments on my floor.

The one beside mine is rented out to foreign workers, mostly from Bangladesh and China. I've talked to one or two and they seem like nice people.

On the opposide end is my school mate and his family. We get along and talk quite a lot. There is also another family living in the apartment beside theirs, whom we rarely talk to, but we still do say hello when we meet.

I don't think I have ever seen my neighbours from the last two remaining apartments. One of the apartments is posh with long white curtains and silver window grills, but their doors or windows are never open and it seems nobody even stays inside.

TheEclipse
24-12-2008, 12:44 PM
We know two neighbours, basically. The others I wouldn't recognise. Which is a bit sad.

Hazza
24-12-2008, 12:47 PM
Yup, my whole street gets along. We have get togethers and shizzle. :8

j0rd
24-12-2008, 12:58 PM
Aint gt neighbors tbh.

The closest house to mine is a mile away? :P

untrustus
24-12-2008, 01:13 PM
we only have one set of neighbours and theyre an elderly asian couple we dont speak except the odd HELLO if we pass when we go out/in the house
they always say hello to me whenever i see them. :)

ours: on one side they never rly speak to us, cept when the lady invited me in when i was locked out the house
the other side are lovely and always say hi and they have a kl dog called nesbitt

Invent
24-12-2008, 01:27 PM
i haven't even met my neighbours at my apartment :(

Zuar
24-12-2008, 02:08 PM
In our street there's like our little block.

[margy] [us] [kathy] [woman] [family] [family]

Margy is ok, and she lets on. And kathy is ok we always go in at Christmas and then there's this old woman but she's ok. Then there's like 2 families who I don't speak too, but I think the person who used to live opposite lives in one now.

Nuka-Cola
24-12-2008, 07:58 PM
my uncle is moving into the house next door to us. So i think we may be able to get along with our next door neighbours :P

RelientCraig
24-12-2008, 08:00 PM
I don't, basicly
The one to my left is an old ladie age 60-70 who's husband is in a home cause of an illness so we look after her.
But the one to the right is lets say 'not get alongable' :)

Moh
24-12-2008, 08:10 PM
Both our neighbours are old.

One side is alright, he did my mums fence etc..

Other sides a bit strange, but he cuts my mums lawn so i guess hes ok.

camera
25-12-2008, 11:23 AM
No. We dont even talk and their doors' always closed. + They're all old. Very very old lmao.
I do say hi or at least smile to them if we're taking the same elevator

Rozi
25-12-2008, 11:46 AM
we only talk to the people below up because our block of flats is layed out really wierdly.

They're proper chavs and always play music really loud and moan.

Caution
25-12-2008, 01:00 PM
Well the one to the left of me atm has phoned the Police on several occasions because we were playing music at an acceptable level, she's got problems everywhere she's lived she's moved because she says the neighbours are looking at her.:S The one to the right of me atm is not as bad but is stuck up and thinks she lives in a Stately home, I think she forgets shere she lives..:rolleyes: The rest are actually ok.

So in a word, yes.:$

le harry
25-12-2008, 01:49 PM
yeah, they both have little kids so they're always around playing with my sister lol...

Casuals
25-12-2008, 03:32 PM
Whole street are alright ;)

PaulMacC
25-12-2008, 03:52 PM
My nan lives next door to me srsrly lol.

Tintinnabulate
25-12-2008, 04:55 PM
My neighbours are really nice, so yeah :)

Jordan:A
25-12-2008, 04:58 PM
We only get one with one side, thats the left, the right side is an old man whos a perv

.Zi
25-12-2008, 05:01 PM
I guess we get on with our neighbors although we don't even know the people to our left.

Mickster
26-12-2008, 05:16 PM
No, in short. :D

Mario
26-12-2008, 05:18 PM
The thread title is technically a statement, not a question.

Hayd93
26-12-2008, 10:27 PM
I dont have any neighbours really. Only the one over the other side of the road. Can't say we speak really.

Sarah
27-12-2008, 01:41 PM
um, its just a passing hello and stuff not like best friend chit chat.. lol.

Dan2nd
27-12-2008, 09:24 PM
We used to get on with the neighbours on the left very well we used to have BBQs and stuff with them all the time sadly their mum/wife died and we haven't really spoken to them in over two years now... on the right we have new neighbours who park their cars in really annoying places.. my mum has tried to build bridges with them by taking their garden rubbish out when they were on holiday.. they did say thank you but we never really even bother saying hi to them anymore

e5
27-12-2008, 09:28 PM
No they hate me lol

Well our very direct neighbour is fine with us, cause we're nice to her

the other 1's don't talk to us anymore

and the other 1's hate our guts cause we always play football outside and they come out saying we're playing the ball too high and it gets in the way of them watching tv, and it sometimes goes in the garden

and the other man down the road tried stealing my ball so i ran in his garden to get my ball (after it was kicked in) and he punched me in the face

All of the being over the age of 70 btw.. LOL

GommeInc
27-12-2008, 10:01 PM
My nextdoor neighbours who are sort of behind the house we get on with really well. We've known them since we moved in (17 years ago - I was a baby but still :P). The ones who live in the farm are new, but they're ok. The farm hand is a bit of a berk though, he shoots towards the house and has nearly hit mum before.

Minstrels
28-12-2008, 02:59 AM
The house they are doing up is nearly done I think so I'm guessing we'll get new neighbors soon...

Trinity
28-12-2008, 03:36 AM
We occasionally talk to our neighbours, but not often. We gave the people on the left a kitten, and they come round sometimes when they've been drinking. The people on the right are old but my stepdad did their garden for them so they talk to us sometimes.

28-12-2008, 04:41 AM
All neighbours get on in the US, or at least know each other. It's much different in the UK :P
Lol nah, we have a set of neighbors down the street that are two roommates and when we walk our new puppy, if he goes number 2 in their yard, we'll be pciking it up with a bag and they go crazy knocking on the window.
Plus a rapist down the street but hes pretty nice xD

On UK Tv they probably portray the US neighborhoods as perfect little angel places to live, but its not like that anywhere for the most part :P

Imnotpure
28-12-2008, 08:59 AM
Ones to one side hate me for various reasons, left are nice middle ages couple though and I love their dog.

Lubricant
29-12-2008, 07:16 PM
Only got some on the right. Said Hello but that's it. Only lived here 1.5 years. Previous place I lived was a quite close community.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!