PDA

View Full Version : iTouch 2G

Captain
24-12-2008, 11:16 AM
Im certain im getting the touch 2G but as far as I know, it isn't jail breakable. People have said the jail break will be released on new years eve but ive checked it out and something has gone wrong or something.

What can I actually do with my 2G ipod for free?

Can I only get the free apps from the apple store?

Neil
24-12-2008, 11:27 AM
Yea as far as I can work out it'll be exactly the same as a jailbroken 1G but you wont get all the cracked apps. which doesn't sound like alot to me really, you can get some awesome free games anyway, like jellycar, that game is awesome on the 360. :P

Captain
24-12-2008, 11:38 AM
I really like the look of that Crash Bandicoot game aswell :( What things can you actually get on a unjailbroken touch? Can you get different themes etc?

Neil
24-12-2008, 11:40 AM
I really like the look of that Crash Bandicoot game aswell :( What things can you actually get on a unjailbroken touch? Can you get different themes etc?

You could always buy the game, they never seem to cost much more than £5 anyway and I have no idea, wait for Nick. he seems to know his stuff. :P

Captain
24-12-2008, 11:45 AM
I have a feeling i'll waste a fiver on it, then a week or two later they'll release jailbreak so I could of got the game for free.

Things like that happen to me on a daily basis

Nick.
24-12-2008, 11:47 AM
I have a feeling i'll waste a fiver on it, then a week or two later they'll release jailbreak so I could of got the game for free.

Just buy it. It's a good game.

Neil
24-12-2008, 11:50 AM

I wouldn't bother with jailbreaking personally, the prices for games are not exactly ripping you off, it seems alot smarter to buy the game than risk breaking it since Apple wont do anything for you an no doubt whoever you get it from wont either. xD

Captain
24-12-2008, 11:55 AM
But all the applications I want will cost a fortune haha :P Besides, I don't think I can buy from iTunes since I dont have mastercard or anything. Is there a way for you to pay for stuff directly out of your bank account/paypal?

Rarelime
24-12-2008, 12:11 PM
But all the applications I want will cost a fortune haha :P Besides, I don't think I can buy from iTunes since I dont have mastercard or anything. Is there a way for you to pay for stuff directly out of your bank account/paypal?

You can register to iTunes with a solo/debit card. Also their is them pre-paid iTunes cards which you get from supermarkets and other shops -- I think you need an account though.

Nick.
24-12-2008, 12:13 PM
Yeah you can pay using a Solo card (debit card) which anybody can get from HSBC from the age of 13.

You can register to iTunes with a solo/debit card. Also their is them pre-paid iTunes cards which you get from supermarkets and other shops -- I think you need an account though.

Yeah this is another option which could be easier. If you buy a giftcard you need to signup for an account but don't need to provide billing details/credit/debit card details.

Captain
24-12-2008, 12:17 PM
I'll buy a £5 giftcard when the shops open then :P

Nick.
24-12-2008, 12:25 PM
I'll buy a £5 giftcard when the shops open then :P
They do them in £15, £25, £50 and £100.
And it's an iPod touch btw :)

Captain
24-12-2008, 12:29 PM
£15 is the minimum? That's quite gay since I only need one game :{

PriceTags
25-12-2008, 04:20 AM
£15 is the minimum? That's quite gay since I only need one game :{

You can buy some more useful stuff too ;)! As well as some music, an audiobook or other applications.

Nick.
25-12-2008, 08:41 AM
You can buy some more useful stuff too ;)! As well as some music, an audiobook or other applications.
or movies or tv shows or music videos.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!