PDA

View Full Version : Vista Media Center recorded shows streaming to PS3?

Recursion
25-12-2008, 06:33 PM
Hey,

Is there a way to stream TV shows recorded in Vista Media Center to my PS3? Im going to assume I need to encode it or something?

Not sure what format it records in..

Thanks

Source
25-12-2008, 06:38 PM
You tried tversity ( think thats the name ), it can access any movies on your windows HD and transcode them in real time whilst streaming to the xbox.

Yonder
25-12-2008, 06:50 PM
Im pretty sure he said ps3 not xbox. Im no aware of anything but i doubt microsoft would make windows media centre work with playstation.

Technologic
25-12-2008, 07:04 PM
You can link your PS3 to media centre... you just need to allow it access

Source
25-12-2008, 07:13 PM
I meant ps3... it will still work as it shows up as a media server ( like an external harddrive or w.e).

Recursion
25-12-2008, 07:19 PM
You tried tversity ( think thats the name ), it can access any movies on your windows HD and transcode them in real time whilst streaming to the xbox.

I am going to try it :)

Im pretty sure he said ps3 not xbox. Im no aware of anything but i doubt microsoft would make windows media centre work with playstation.

It will stream content to any compatible device actually.

You can link your PS3 to media centre... you just need to allow it access

I have done, but I need to somehow get it to make the Recorded TV shows compatible, I just found they are like DVR-MS format which is MS' MPEG2 format.

I meant ps3... it will still work as it shows up as a media server ( like an external harddrive or w.e).

Ye

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!