PDA

View Full Version : Urgent help (mobile)

Scania
26-12-2008, 06:49 PM
I woke up this morning to find I had a message on my mobile from another forum that I go on called mafiacoders, and they were wishing me a merry etc etc etc.

The message THEY sent me had charged me. I didn't give them my number upon registration or anything like that so I wondered for a bit then I let it go.

Then I got another one from eBay, with my username that I use on there talking about their 5P Listings or something, again charging me.

Then I got one from a yahoo group. The numbers all begin with 676 and its charging me each time.

I've tried calling O2 but there closed.

Kevin
26-12-2008, 07:33 PM
I woke up this morning to find I had a message on my mobile from another forum that I go on called mafiacoders, and they were wishing me a merry etc etc etc.

The message THEY sent me had charged me. I didn't give them my number upon registration or anything like that so I wondered for a bit then I let it go.

Then I got another one from eBay, with my username that I use on there talking about their 5P Listings or something, again charging me.

Then I got one from a yahoo group. The numbers all begin with 676 and its charging me each time.

I've tried calling O2 but there closed.

right, as a Tempory solution, text STOP to theese numbers, nothing else just 'STOP', this will stop the current subscription you are signed up to.

In Ireland we have a company called REGTEL, which is

egtel is the Independent Regulator of the content and promotion of Premium Rate Telecommunications Services.
www.regtel.ie

What you will need to do is contact the uk version of that, and explain to them that you did not sign up, they can further assist you.

alternately you could contact your phone service provider when there back open, they will definitely help you.

Do not worry if you did not sign up to them, you will be refunded but remember to act quickly, dont let it drag on.

Recursion
26-12-2008, 07:48 PM
The UK version is OFCOM.

Scania
26-12-2008, 08:11 PM
Thanks ~ I did text stop and they sent me another saying that my subscription (I never did sign up in the first place) had been stopped. They charged me for that too.

Will O2 refund me on this? How did they find out my ebay username etc to begin with anyway??

Kevin
26-12-2008, 08:12 PM
Thanks ~ I did text stop and they sent me another saying that my subscription (I never did sign up in the first place) had been stopped. They charged me for that too.

Will O2 refund me on this? How did they find out my ebay username etc to begin with anyway??

Some of those things are against the law, you may not have subscribed to them, but they still could do it.

KEEP the text messages, and contact o2 or the other place that was listed,

Have a good day,
Kevin.

Jordy
26-12-2008, 08:51 PM
Are you sure you are being charged? How are you checking?

If you've got emails setup on your phone that could be costing you a lot instead.

Kevin
26-12-2008, 09:01 PM
Are you sure you are being charged? How are you checking?

If you've got emails setup on your phone that could be costing you a lot instead.

If he is pay as you go, he could notice his credit dropping.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!