PDA

View Full Version : Anime Where do you read Manga?

Likee
27-12-2008, 10:09 PM
I always prefer to read it... like in the flesh :)
But it's always so hard to find manga in the shops nowadays.

I don't really like reading it on the internet, it doesn't have the right 'feel'
And it hurts my head after a while xD

Neversoft
28-12-2008, 06:04 PM
I buy my manga, except Guyver. That was never translated and released outside of Japan so I have to read it online, although I don't really mind with Guyver because the scans are high quality and the story just drags me in so much I forget I'm even reading it on a computer. I read the new Claymore chapters every month, but I also buy the volumes as soon as they're released. I want to keep up with the story, so I don't really have a choice. I also read Bakuman online, but that has actually been translated officially and released in Japan and the UK only (via the internet in the UK). It's nice to have an exclusive manga over here. I also read the first three volumes of Pretty Face online because I had no money at the time, then I bought volume 4 and 5, and read the final volume online. Again, I didn't really mind because they were high quaity scans.

Without a doubt, I buy my manga most of the time. I read manga online every now and then if the manga I'm reading hasn't been released yet or isn't going to be, or if I want to check it out before I buy it, but thats about it. I keep up with weekly and monthly releases online, since I can't buy them though.

Also, I find that its pretty easy to find manga in the shops around here. Waterstones have a huge collection, as do Forbidden Planet. Theres also atleast three or four shops in London dedicated to manga and manga only, although some sell comics as well. I buy from Amazon though - cheap!

LoveToStack
28-12-2008, 07:35 PM
I just use Forbidden Planet because it's the only store I know of in Glasgow. I'm not as against reading it online because I will if I have to but obviously I prefer to buy it too. :)

Viruz
28-12-2008, 08:19 PM
I have been to FP in Glasgow but was expensive.

I only buy my Manga in Japanese but being able to read and speak Japanese does help me alot:P

Neversoft
28-12-2008, 09:17 PM
Yeah I sometimes read manga while taking a dump.

PaulMacC
29-12-2008, 02:57 AM
Yeah same here.
I read mine on OneManga.com

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!