PDA

View Full Version : Terrorist attacks on London!

Mural
07-07-2005, 09:53 AM
So far the public have being notified of two bus bombs and one explosion on the tube, however my brother being in the Household Cavalry has being ordered with the rest of his Regiment to prepare for Terrorist surviellance. My brother has also told me that their has being two attacks on the tube and 4 on the buses..
When will this terror end! :@

News just in.. 20 people found dead..so far :(

Eamonn
07-07-2005, 09:55 AM
It has'nt been confirmed that its linked to terroists so dont make false accusations

GommeInc
07-07-2005, 09:55 AM
Pffft, I knew this was going to happen. It's an obvious tactic, there are thousands of terrorists in this country all split up around it. As soon as we won I bet they were on their way.

Terrorists doesn't mean men/women in Iraq. :/

berlioze
07-07-2005, 09:56 AM
I have been told of 3 buses explosions 1 of which in Tavistock Square and I have heard reports of perhaps a couple of explosions in the underground...

This is truly terrible...

Mural
07-07-2005, 09:57 AM
can u not read! my brother is in the Household Cavalry ! (ARMY) and has being told this information as he is going on patrol with his Terrorist gear on! n00b!

NekkLe
07-07-2005, 10:02 AM
Yes, the MP's have also been notified that this is to do with terroists.

RLY-CRAIG?
07-07-2005, 10:04 AM
All I have heard is 3 explosions on the buses and 2 on the underground-Some of the pics on ITV are truly shocking! They say the police are not yet sure if it's confirmed with terrorirsts attacks but I bet it is!

LesbianGhost
07-07-2005, 10:04 AM
God it's all over the news. I'm slightly freaking out.

GommeInc
07-07-2005, 10:05 AM
It should only effect you if you live in areas of importance, contain army bases, resources and places of high value.

So I am half in trouble :rolleyes:

Mural
07-07-2005, 10:06 AM
my brother has just being sent out on watch, he will patroling the streets along with the rest of the troops from Hyde Park barracks. ITs about time some qualified people took charge !

RLY-CRAIG?
07-07-2005, 10:08 AM
my brother has just being sent out on watch, he will patroling the streets along with the rest of the troops from Hyde Park barracks. ITs about time some qualified people took charge !

I second that!

LesbianGhost
07-07-2005, 10:09 AM
Half the people on the news are running around smiling, idiots.

RLY-CRAIG?
07-07-2005, 10:11 AM
Everyone is still in shock :o It's on high security alert as well! :o

GommeInc
07-07-2005, 10:12 AM
If someone can give me the area of London this is happening e.g. Westminster, please feel free to give me that. :)

Mural
07-07-2005, 10:13 AM
6 explosions !

Eamonn
07-07-2005, 10:13 AM
can u not read! my brother is in the Household Cavalry ! (ARMY) and has being told this information as he is going on patrol with his Terrorist gear on! n00b!
ooo well sorry did i say i have a brother in the army ? no ! im just saying what the news says fool and if your brother was getting ready for all this terroist stuff would he really have the time to ring you up ?

Mural
07-07-2005, 10:16 AM
News from GOOGLE
The explosion on the double-decker London bus appears to have taken place outside the British Medical Association on Tavistock Square in central London on Thursday morning. Details remained unclear, and there was no information as to the cause of the blast.

Earlier, London's entire underground railway network was suspended after an explosion around 9:00 a.m. local time. A spokesman described the blasts, which left several people injured, as a "major incident." The authorities said it was possibly caused by a power surge.

The chaos came a day after the British capital was chosen to host the 2012 Olympics.

Police evacuated several mainline railway and underground stations after a blast near Liverpool Street Station, which serves London's financial district, and a separate incident in the west of the capital.

"We believe there was some sort of explosion. There are some walking wounded at Aldgate," a police spokesman said, referring to an underground station near Liverpool Street. "We are not sure of the scale of the incident. Reports are still coming in."

A spokesman for London Underground said a second incident had taken place at Edgware Road station in west London.

Emergency vehicles rushed to the scene to deal with the confusion.

Witnesses on Sky television were quoted as saying people streamed out of some of the stations covered in soot, some in tears, many visibly shocked.

One of the evacuated stations was Stratford, which will be a key transport link for the site of the Olympic Games.

GommeInc
07-07-2005, 10:17 AM
Eamonns, since when did the news think of only Iraqee people as Terrorists? These people could be from Paris but I severely doubt it. It surely must be terrorists because there have been explosions and it wasn't accidental. A power surge couldn't cause a bus to have a problem and the underground at near enough the same time :/

NekkLe
07-07-2005, 10:18 AM
If someone can give me the area of London this is happening e.g. Westminster, please feel free to give me that. :)

It's basically Central London
-AldGate East
-Stockwell
-Tavistock near Russle Square

Mural
07-07-2005, 10:18 AM
i second that!

NekkLe
07-07-2005, 10:27 AM
I was getting worried because my dad was working in MarleyBone, luckily he was well away from it all.
I still dred to think what its like for all the people still stuck down in the tubes :( there must be so many.
Stockwell station has been closed due to a suspicous package this is too much!
Right after London was announced they were going to host the Olympics. :@

GommeInc
07-07-2005, 10:28 AM
I think that is what caused it, the winning of the Olympic Vote.

Ezzie.
07-07-2005, 10:30 AM
I WAS THERE AT HUOUSTON STATION A WEEK AGO!! THIS IS SO MAD, and i saw a mysterious package with a weird rose on it a week ago when i was there next to the station but didn't think anything of it :S :( this is so mental

NekkLe
07-07-2005, 10:35 AM
The 3 buses were definatley targeted by terroists 99.9% sure. The underground may have got a power surge from these explosions??? or it could have been targeted also.

berlioze
07-07-2005, 10:35 AM
Sky News Witness:

I turnt around just as I saw the explosion at the end of the carriage. I feared for the lives of me and my 2 children. This is absolutely disgraceful how someone could want to do this. This will solve nothing and the government will retaliate to any terrorist attacks!

From Sky News, they are getting alot of details on the matter...

deltateamaplha
07-07-2005, 10:37 AM
It is posted here http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=54841 included pictures and more news

LesbianGhost
07-07-2005, 10:38 AM
It is posted here http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=54841 at an earlyer time I have included pictures and more news

Oh come off it. Does it really matter who posted it first? I think we have a little more to worry about.

deltateamaplha
07-07-2005, 10:40 AM
no :l I was just saying beause the full story is there pleae don't bite me
I was just staten that there was a full story for use to read and yes this is a very sad time no be bikering over little things

Rix
07-07-2005, 10:47 AM
Yeah i was watching tv and they are now doing a live report via satelite of what is happening

!trapped-angel!
07-07-2005, 10:51 AM
NEWS FROM THE BBC WEBSITE:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4659093.stm
i really dont know what to say :( its just soooo :( upsetting!! :(

GommeInc
07-07-2005, 10:53 AM
The News is basically the same thing over and over again :/ Apparently they think Al Qaeda may be at work

Rix
07-07-2005, 10:55 AM
A number of people have been killed in a series of explosions in London..

A number of people have been killed in a series of explosions in London.. (ABC TV)

'Some fatalities' as blasts hit London

A number of people have been killed in a series of explosions on London's transport system during this morning's rush hour, causing chaos in the British capital, police and transport officials said.

Several blasts hit the Underground network and police said there had been at least three explosions on buses in the city.

A source at the Metronet consortium that runs part of the capital's Underground network said "there were three explosions and there have been some fatalities".

Home Secretary Charles Clarke said the blasts had caused "terrible injuries" although he did not give specific figures.

"I want to express sympathy on behalf of the whole government to the families and friends of those who have been injured," Mr Clarke told reporters outside Prime Minister Tony Blair's Downing Street residence.

"The health services are in support to deal with the terrible injuries that there have been."

The causes of the incidents, a day after London was awarded the 2012 Olympics and as leaders of the Group of Eight rich nations met in Scotland, were unknown but police said many of the city's Underground stations were affected.

"It is too too early to state what has happened," a London police spokesman said.

"I cannot comment on reports of bombs, but we have had multi-reports of explosions around London."
Underground

People were seen streaming out of one Underground station covered in blood and soot.

Passengers were evacuated from stations across the capital, many in shock and with their clothes ripped to shreds, witnesses said.

The entire system was shut down and major thoroughfares were blocked off by police and ambulance services.
Bus blast

One bus was blown up in Tavistock Square in central London, a policeman told Reuters.

"There have been some casualties and this has been declared as a major incident," a spokeswoman for London's Metropolitan Police said.

Virginia Crompton was close to the explosion on a double decker bus in Tavistock Square.

"I decided given the scale of the chaos, it was best to walk to work and head towards town, I've just gone through Russel Square and turned onto Gordon Square where I heard a huge explosion very close by," she said.

"I turned into Gordon Square Gardens which is where I am now and two men run past me who had witnessed what they said was a bus being blown up, they described the roof coming out and I said, 'do you think anyone was hurt' and they said 'yes, definitely'."
Aldgate East station

Emergency services rushed to the Aldgate East underground station where police reported the first incident at 8:59am local time.

"There were people streaming out of Aldgate station covered in blood," 27-year-old Kate Heywood said, on her way to work.

"There are shards of glass there, it is chaos," she said.

A Reuters correspondent at Oxford Circus station, at the heart of the underground system, heard an announcement over the public-address system saying: "A power outage has occurred London-wide. All train services are suspended."

A station official said: "All the power has gone down. I don't know when it'll come back."

Steve Spence was travelling on one of the trains.

"I was on an outer circle train - going from Paddington from Edgware Road ... there was a big flash, a loud bang and lots of smoke, and there was a train on the other track - it had stopped as well, lots of screaming," he said.

"When we evacuated the train the front of my train was smashed up and there was lots of debris from the other train on the track."
Police cordon

Police sealed off large areas around other underground and mainline rail stations.

Firemen donned chemical protection suits before rushing into stations.

Half a dozen people dishevelled and with soot-blackened faces sat on the floor at Russell Square Underground station or stood in shock as police cordoned off the area and ambulances crews raced in, one witness said.

The Great Eastern Hotel, which was hosting a conference on the Israeli economy, was evacuated. Israeli Finance Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was due to attend the conference but had not arrived.

this is the full story from http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200507/s1409500.htm

Owen
07-07-2005, 11:03 AM
Interesting... Glad to be scottish now :/

deltateamaplha
07-07-2005, 11:10 AM
Interesting... Glad to be scottish now :/
I'm Scottish 2 but the G8 is today ? we could be under threat ?

Eamonn
07-07-2005, 11:35 AM
where the hell did i say anything about iraques

and its worrying i was only just at london on monday at a school trip then more people from school were there just yesterday

:Hazel
07-07-2005, 11:39 AM

Yes i think that may have something to do with it. My aunt is currently stuck at work in London, but shes safe and well which is a relief.

deltateamaplha
07-07-2005, 11:56 AM
Yes i think that may have something to do with it. My aunt is currently stuck at work in London, but shes safe and well which is a relief.
Oh yeah me to and I am happy your aunt is safe

07-07-2005, 12:05 PM
Oh yeah me to and I am happy your aunt is safe

Techwizard
07-07-2005, 12:06 PM
Thats what I was thinking also Meyaz! :( London is on every station, even the horse racing station I am watching! :(

Impactor
07-07-2005, 12:07 PM
It has'nt been confirmed that its linked to terroists so dont make false accusations

Actually, yes it has. London saw it coming along tim ago..

Steven.
07-07-2005, 12:12 PM
R.I.P to the people who died today :(, i found out in sport's day today i got a news text :'( R.I.P :(

Antony
07-07-2005, 12:12 PM
not 20 people have been killed, just 3 with news coming in over 185 people have been injured. Al - Quida have said they are responsable for the attacks. bbc.co.uk/news for instant news

RLY-CRAIG?
07-07-2005, 12:13 PM
Of Course it's terrorists! Anyway what's that about a suspicous package? Whoever oculd dream of doing that to London are sick in the mind! :o

Steven.
07-07-2005, 12:17 PM
Appantly there is 9 bomb's only 7 of gone off is this true?! i got to go back to school, speak later :(

Steph
07-07-2005, 12:20 PM
:'( what is the world coming too? it needs a good kick in the aѕѕ!

Techwizard
07-07-2005, 12:24 PM
Sick people Princess, They should be caught and shot!

deltateamaplha
07-07-2005, 12:28 PM
:'( what is the world coming too? it needs a good kick in the aѕѕ!
Awww don't cry hun :(

NekkLe
07-07-2005, 12:28 PM
Of Course it's terrorists! Anyway what's that about a suspicous package? Whoever oculd dream of doing that to London are sick in the mind! :o

Yes its true, on sky news they updated that in Stockwell station, they had to close and check with sniffer dogs if this package was a bomb. I'm not sure what happened after, no news to confirm it.
I'm sure we'll recieve a better understanding after tomorrow, evidence of which this could have been a suicide bomber. Whatever it is, the persons behind this have caused nothing but pure anger and sadness, a fog of evil is drifts amongst London and we must work our ways through this United.
In all there have been 7 explosions and a suspected 2 more which may be faulted, an eye witness over ground said that there was a bomb in a public bin.
All we can hope for now is for now is that the remaining people who are injured, fight through there trauma.

07-07-2005, 12:45 PM
Its funny my mum was saying yesterday how there are some sick/evil people in this world...
I think things will be clearer tomorrow as its chaos at the moment.

NekkLe
07-07-2005, 12:53 PM
Agreed^^

Too much going on at the moment, they'll get everyone out and make sure everything is secure then the police can start with the investigation.

Mit
07-07-2005, 12:57 PM
i would have been in the area where the bombs went off, either on the train or bus. i was goin to a dentist appoinment, man im so glad i choose an afternooon appointment instead of the morning appointment.

At my school we were advidised to walk home, go in a car or stay at school as the area these bombs went off is near my school

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/1349/231gp.png

i would be goin to big blue dot, either on kings cross or edgeware road, i susually get off at edgeware road

Mandarin
07-07-2005, 01:19 PM
Does anyone know how long they planned to keep the underground closed after they fix everything? [Moi does not live in Britain but is just curious about it]

Mit
07-07-2005, 01:22 PM
it depends, it could be for 2-3 days for all we know. they will close the ones in central london and open ones on outer london most likely

Mandarin
07-07-2005, 01:26 PM
Hmm, I figured they might keep the entire system closed for fear of more explosions.

Luayminator
07-07-2005, 01:39 PM
Terrorist attacks in London ? Never heard of it. Oh well, what will people talking about it on habbox forum do ? =D

xJoeYx
07-07-2005, 01:40 PM
The last report I heard was 20 people have been confirmed dead. Also the bus explosion.. they described it quite detailed... bodies were decapitated. I do feel quite angry and do not understand what terrorists really aim to achieve from this.. It's disgusting to do anything like that, specially when Blair is trying to relieve poverty at the G8 Summit.
Well the terrorists have got what they wanted.. Chaos, Transport closed, worldwide media coverage..

NekkLe
07-07-2005, 01:43 PM
were discussing the reasons on why this event has happened. Also, we are informing those who didn't/don't know whats happened ?

xJoeYx
07-07-2005, 01:59 PM
8-10 people alone have died on edgeware rd.

nekk ur sig.. bad memories of the gcse anthology..

Techwizard
07-07-2005, 02:10 PM
It looks like you have no feelings for the people who have suffered in this terriost attack, and have no feelings for the people on this forum that live in London or nearby London, Have some feelings for the ones that do, they would have feelings if it was you in their situation. This is not just a little bomb, this is 6 or more bombs, and it is serious!

Terrorist attacks in London ? Never heard of it. Oh well, what will people talking about it on habbox forum do ? =D

Anti-Frizz
07-07-2005, 02:24 PM
I've just come back from school...because my mum was worried about me so she thought it would be best for me to go home. I live in London btw.

At school, it was at the start of the 3rd lesson which was about 12 o clock, when we first heard the news from the teacher. You should have seen the class. EVERYONE was in tears - including me. The teacher allowed us to use our mobiles and contact anyone that we needed to. Thing is... if the attacks were carried out at like... 8.49am... shouldnt we have been told earlier about what was going on?

It came as a massive shock to us all. Just minutes earlier, we were messing around with our mates, then suddenly we hear the tragic news. It made me realise how quickly something so terrible can affect people.

The main person I was worried for was my dad. He works in Central London and would have been on the train at the time the first attacks took place. When I called my mum to ask whether he was alright, she comforted me and said that he was fine. Unfortunately some girls in my class couldnt get through to their parents who had been working in Central London that morning, and still dont know whether they are alive and well.

Kardan
07-07-2005, 02:41 PM
I was in class, I heard around 1.30, I don't leave in London, but I do leave near the 2nd biggest city in the UK, so it was worrying.
I thought it would be worse than it actually is, Like radiation bomb, it's because of some odd program that I watched,, It showed what would happen if terrosits attack.

It is a big deal, every US news channel I have on my tv has it on, every main channel company. BBC, ITV... Etc...

Have a news special...

It's scary.

Wootzeh
07-07-2005, 02:41 PM
i've just heard 33ppl died

TealArms
07-07-2005, 02:43 PM
RIP Uncle Nick

BlueTails
07-07-2005, 02:46 PM
EDIT: EAST STATIONS ARE OPEN NOW

We Found Out In Period 2, A Teacher Heard And Spread, A Trip Has Been Cancelled

All Underground Stations Are CLOSED

Possible Threats:

Wimbledon
Croydon
Kingston
DockLands Area

People Are Saying Because Of The G8 Summit, But Its Probably To Do With London Winning The Olympics 2012,
It Is Said To be French, Possibly Moscow

No Claims Of Responsibility Or Warning Was Issued

JT-Fan
07-07-2005, 02:47 PM
Look
7 Bombs
7th Day
7th Month.

BlueTails
07-07-2005, 02:48 PM
True Rupsie

Rachi
07-07-2005, 02:48 PM
O yer

07/07/05
:O
JESUS
i hope this ent gna happen on every 7th of 7th
:'(
I dno anyone in london but DONT DIE
:'(

And its 46 ppl dead nw

Grabbed
07-07-2005, 02:49 PM
I'll update you all:
6 attacks on Aldgate East, Liverpool Street, Moorgate, Kings Cross, Edgeware road, and on a bus. Terminal three at heathrow evacuated. Buses in zone one resuming service. 21 dead at kings cross, and more fatalities elswhere. A group climing to be linked to aL Queada called Al Queada Europe are claming responsibility for the attacks.

Eamonn
07-07-2005, 02:49 PM
Actually, yes it has. London saw it coming along tim ago..
yea well i posted it before it was confirmed

Kardan
07-07-2005, 02:50 PM
Look
7 Bombs
7th Day
7th Month.

Does that mean on the 8th of August?

I was freaked out as on September 11 2001 we all knew what happened.

But on November 11 2001 a plane crashed in a neighbour hood in america (it wasn't linked)

So I thought the next date would be January 11 2002 Nothing happened though.

If you think about it the attacks are for a reason.

We need to find out why.

BlueTails
My Brother May Be Dead, Now Its Time For Wait To See If He Returns :'(

Moose
CNN, local news are full of this news, Hmmm 37 dead.

Rosie
07-07-2005, 02:52 PM
I think its terrible its obvoiously something to do with g8 or maybe getting the olympics but probebly not but its just horrible its just not right !

Rachi

Does that mean on the 8th of August?

They wont do it evry month.
I hope because if they did they wud get found out because people wud be prepared and have security camera's/Helecopter camera's ect 2 find out who it is

Moose
Its 37 dead.

deltateamaplha
07-07-2005, 02:53 PM
Its 37 dead.
Awww that is terrible R.I.P all 37

TealArms
07-07-2005, 02:54 PM
Well they are putting up secuirty now i think we have 2 fighter jets circleing us now. but ma uncle is dead u can't bring him back

Rachi
07-07-2005, 02:54 PM
My Brother May Be Dead, Now Its Time For Wait To See If He Returns :'(

Dont think like that..
It wont help ur feelings

Has ur brother got a mobile or sumthin u can reach him with?

Moose
07-07-2005, 02:55 PM
AHH some people who were injured died it went up to atleast 45...

BlueTails
07-07-2005, 02:55 PM
my Brothers Safe :)

But Others :(

Marston88
07-07-2005, 02:56 PM
it HAS been confirmed that it is Al Quieda Related attacks!

Rachi
07-07-2005, 02:56 PM
my Brothers Safe :)

But Others :(

UR BROTHER IS SAFE
OMG WOOOT!!!
I DNO YOU BUT
OMGGGGGGGGG
This is terrible

TealArms
07-07-2005, 02:57 PM
Dude look on the MSN website they have a contact number and more are injured then dead and that is better i just wish ma uncle wud be a injerud one rater then dead

BlueTails
07-07-2005, 02:59 PM
I Agree

Brighton Station Is Back Open

Rachi
07-07-2005, 02:59 PM
Dude look on the MSN website they have a contact number and more are injured then dead and that is better i just wish ma uncle wud be a injerud one rater then dead

:o
Is ur uncle dead :(

xJoeYx
07-07-2005, 03:00 PM
No way could it be olympic games related.
Stupid terrorists.

YellowParasol
07-07-2005, 03:00 PM
Its about the G8 Meeting.

World is not safe anymore..

BlueTails
07-07-2005, 03:01 PM
NOW KNOWN 33 PEOPLE DEAD

LIVE ON RADIO

Moose
07-07-2005, 03:01 PM
AGhh even here in california WE were affected!

ORANGE HIGH LEVEL!

TealArms
07-07-2005, 03:11 PM
everywhere will be on abmer level orange is the next then red fighter will be flying around
some people are putting roses and stuff in ur name or sig can u do me summit? try and get on with ur life as normal as possible as you do not want to show them that they have won

BlueTails
07-07-2005, 03:14 PM
We Shall Continue...

Terrorists Will Not WIN

Kardan
07-07-2005, 03:17 PM
It probably is the G8 meeting.

London's security was probably the lowest today than it has been since before 2001.

Think about it, big security up in edinburgh.

Moose
07-07-2005, 03:17 PM
Gahh, amber means child abduction here...

TealArms
07-07-2005, 03:22 PM
In the name of God, the merciful, the compassionate, may peace be upon the cheerful one and undaunted fighter, Prophet Muhammad, God's peace be upon him.

Nation of Islam and Arab nation: Rejoice for it is time to take revenge against the British Zionist Crusader government in retaliation for the massacres Britain is committing in Iraq and Afghanistan. The heroic mujahideen have carried out a blessed raid in London. Britain is now burning with fear, terror and panic in its northern, southern, eastern, and western quarters.

We have repeatedly warned the British Government and people. We have fulfilled our promise and carried out our blessed military raid in Britain after our mujahideen exerted strenuous efforts over a long period of time to ensure the success of the raid.

We continue to warn the governments of Denmark and Italy and all the Crusader governments that they will be punished in the same way if they do not withdraw their troops from Iraq and Afghanistan. He who warns is excused.

God says: "You who believe: If ye will aid (the cause of) Allah, He will aid you, and plant your feet firmly."

That is from the group who said that they did it, so there is your awnser

BlueTails
07-07-2005, 03:25 PM
There Is No Right To Kill People, And I Doubt Allah Or Any Other God Would Let People Kill

Metric.
07-07-2005, 03:31 PM
Ill never forget the attack on the twin towers, I live in NewYork and I remember how scared I was because I was home and my mom and dad were at work in the city and I thought they died :'( It pretty scarry. Over in the US we have a cat 3 hurricane comming and the top wont seam to close on my moms car?
Are they jelious about the olympics or something?

TealArms
07-07-2005, 03:33 PM
You feal like it is ur fault and i wanna kil them and stuff and tpurche them

BlueTails
07-07-2005, 03:33 PM
The Twin Tower Attack Was Bad

Moose
07-07-2005, 03:34 PM
I remember the morning, it was a dreary morning, Dark hung clouds... Was it coincidential?

NekkLe
07-07-2005, 03:37 PM
There Is No Right To Kill People, And I Doubt Allah Or Any Other God Would Let People Kill

Agreed^^^
What sort of religion supports mass murders and then says you can't blame us because of our religion. I'm not a racist and I think many people will agree with this point but if thats part of the religion I think those who support it are sick. End of.
Every war has a link to religion, this is the main base of why wars start. And from what we have experienced today is provoking a war to start. I don't think anyone should agree with mass killings, especially for it to be in a religion. I'd like to see that little man crawl out of his cave and tell us why he or his conrads are doing this??

BlueTails
07-07-2005, 03:40 PM
No Religion

:.bEx.:
07-07-2005, 03:44 PM
Yeah, its terrible we were all told at school today, respect for all those killed and injured and the families. This is a sad sad day for us all :(

xJoeYx
07-07-2005, 03:49 PM
Ummm some religions do accept murder, obviously all have a main rule of *not killing*, however some feel to *act by doing the right thing* is more important, for example utilitarianism.
though in this case, it isnt clear what the terrorists wanted to achieve other than attention, it may be for utilitarian issues, though we wouldnt justify them the same way they did.

Mit
07-07-2005, 03:58 PM
if there wasnt religion then it would be something else that we would fight over.

RedStratocas
07-07-2005, 04:02 PM
WASHINGTON - The Bush administration raised the terror alert a notch to code orange for the nation's mass transit systems on Thursday, responding to a spate of deadly rush-hour bus and subway bombings in London.

In otherwords, our terrorist level is raised because of it.

Smits
07-07-2005, 04:06 PM
33 confirmed dead so far and police not sure if they will be more!!!!!!!

so scary omg

NekkLe
07-07-2005, 04:09 PM
I tihnk if some religions believe in murder then I don't want to know about it. If you wanna kill people then do it else where. We don't want it killing innocent lives just because you think your going to get somewhere in life? And if it was a suicide bomber, then I hope he gets rejected and goes to hell because thats where he belongs.
I'm sorry but every war is caused by religion or evil power. Look whats happening in Isreal. Look what happened in previous wars such as WW2. Look whats happening today right this moment!
They bombed London because they wanted world attention, there trying to provoke a war. They can call it religion but its not! its an excuse for mass murdering people. I hope those who think this is not true have feelings for those who are dying, those who have died, those who are struggeling to get out of this terror.

Revenge
07-07-2005, 04:30 PM
33 confirmed dead so far and police not sure if they will be more!!!!!!!

so scary omg
33? Really? I've been off school today [lower and upper school becoming one site]. And i went to town at 12.30pm, and the death count was 3, and now i get home and it's that many? I agree, this is really scary!

Motorollo
07-07-2005, 05:00 PM
its al over american news aswell *tunes in*

Revenge
07-07-2005, 05:04 PM
:o Latest fatality count: at least 37.

They've just found a suspect package on a bus outside Victoria Station.

Eamonn
07-07-2005, 05:06 PM
to surport it put this in your signature
http://tinypic.com/6teic7.png

Motorollo
07-07-2005, 05:07 PM
thats alot i havent seen it since it was 30

BlueTails
07-07-2005, 05:17 PM
Update:

38 People Dead

Mural
07-07-2005, 09:47 PM
Four terror attacks on London's transport network leave 38 people dead and 700 injured. Heres a pic of one of the buses

Anger
07-07-2005, 10:07 PM
Such a bad day :( argh its scaring though being close to it

BlueTails
07-07-2005, 10:21 PM
The Worst Ever Terrorist Attack In UK

Anger
07-07-2005, 10:38 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah Flaming nora i forgot i have 2 older cousin living in london Argh got to ring them need to know they are ok

Blader_Boy
07-07-2005, 10:54 PM
A horrible chain of events yes, however we got off lucky compared to the americans who suffered over 50,000 deaths i believe in the twin towers attack. So far the confirmed deaths in London today stand at 38.

GommeInc
07-07-2005, 10:59 PM
Canary Wharf is no second in the worst UK attack.

BlueTails
07-07-2005, 11:02 PM
I Said It Was The Worst

Blader_Boy
07-07-2005, 11:03 PM
In the name of God, the merciful, the compassionate, may peace be upon the cheerful one and undaunted fighter, Prophet Muhammad, God's peace be upon him.

Nation of Islam and Arab nation: Rejoice for it is time to take revenge against the British Zionist Crusader government in retaliation for the massacres Britain is committing in Iraq and Afghanistan. The heroic mujahideen have carried out a blessed raid in London. Britain is now burning with fear, terror and panic in its northern, southern, eastern, and western quarters.

We have repeatedly warned the British Government and people. We have fulfilled our promise and carried out our blessed military raid in Britain after our mujahideen exerted strenuous efforts over a long period of time to ensure the success of the raid.

We continue to warn the governments of Denmark and Italy and all the Crusader governments that they will be punished in the same way if they do not withdraw their troops from Iraq and Afghanistan. He who warns is excused.

God says: "You who believe: If ye will aid (the cause of) Allah, He will aid you, and plant your feet firmly."

That is from the group who said that they did it, so there is your awnser

I just had to comment on this S***

Who the F*** do they think they are? They are COWARDS

'military raid' uhh yeh right.. they cannot face us to defend their cause so they resort to cowardly attacks on innocent civilians in a sick attempt to gain publicity. How i would love to get face to face with some of these pathetic people.

I have the highest of respect for Muslims and the religion of Islam however when people like this associated with the religion murder inoccent people it won't help the worsening situations of racist bullying and attacks throughout the country.

-sFusion-
07-07-2005, 11:07 PM
I dunno if this has been posted before me, but i seriously doubt winning the Olympic Vote was the reason this happened. That would mean that they put together this attack on many different areas overnight.

I think it may have more to do with the G8 thing. Tony Blair was the one who started the G8 thing and London is the capital of the United Kingdom. So attack straight at the home of G8 plans. I dont know why anyone would want to stop something like G8, which only wants to help people :(

And I must agree with Blader Boy above. What kind of **** is TealArms talking about :@

GommeInc
07-07-2005, 11:07 PM
Blader you cant get close to them unless you count half of their body parts in an area as coming face to face.

Blader_Boy
07-07-2005, 11:09 PM
Blader you cant get close to them unless you count half of their body parts in an area as coming face to face.

I meant all of these terrorist cells as a whole.. ;)

GommeInc
07-07-2005, 11:11 PM
Ah I see, would you want to come face to face with them?

Blader_Boy
07-07-2005, 11:13 PM
Ah I see, would you want to come face to face with them?

I would love to hear them try and justify their actions.. however I don't know weather I could keep calm around them to put it mildly lol

Mentor
08-07-2005, 12:00 AM
Even when its close to home, i still think its important to keep proper prospctive, one mans terrorist is another mans freedom figter. The problem is that athogh the suside bombers have this convection (wich is why they do give there lives) the people they are figting for dont actaly support them, its brain washing via the networks threw propergander, and other methods, studys have shown how easy these influcnces can have effects such as these, so i dont entirly blame the terrorist even if there belifes are misguided.

BlueTails
08-07-2005, 12:21 AM
It Has Happened... Its Time To Move On

JoeyK.
08-07-2005, 01:10 AM
This really is horrible... it's England's 9/11 :( You guys may not have lost as many people, (You lost 36, we lost thousands) but the fact that it seems so similar to it is very unnerving. I personally would like to.... lets just say... hurt these people.

TealArms, what are you talking about? These particular people didn't run the country, they just lived in it. It's not like they had any control over what their country did, now is it? I really am starting to wonder if you are sane.

=Sean...
08-07-2005, 02:01 AM
It's funny how when this happened to America everyone said we deserved it but now that this has happened to London everyone is saying: OMG WHY WHY WHY WHY??!?!1//1!?1?1!??!?!?1?!

Mentor
08-07-2005, 02:06 AM
It's funny how when this happened to America everyone said we deserved it but now that this has happened to London everyone is saying: OMG WHY WHY WHY WHY??!?!1//1!?1?1!??!?!?1?!
Baring you nobody's said that other than the terrorists who did it. Plus anyone with any forsight new it was bound to happen evenatly "/

meta1gearsolid2
08-07-2005, 02:22 AM
This really is horrible... it's England's 9/11 :( You guys may not have lost as many people, (You lost 36, we lost thousands) but the fact that it seems so similar to it is very unnerving. I personally would like to.... lets just say... hurt these people.

TealArms, what are you talking about? These particular people didn't run the country, they just lived in it. It's not like they had any control over what their country did, now is it? I really am starting to wonder if you are sane.

Yeah man be grateful that you didnt loose so many people. Not to be grateful that people died may they rest in peace but 9/11, we lost about 3000-4000 people guys. Your lucky MOST of the people were just injured and not dead.

Mentor
08-07-2005, 02:25 AM
Yeah man be grateful that you didnt loose so many people. Not to be grateful that people died may they rest in peace but 9/11, we lost about 3000-4000 people guys. Your lucky MOST of the people were just injured and not dead.
This always gets me, but 3000 - 4000 isnt actaly that bigger number, ist actaly tiny when u consider in afraca EVERY day over 30,000 childern alwon are dieding "/

meta1gearsolid2
08-07-2005, 02:27 AM
This always gets me, but 3000 - 4000 isnt actaly that bigger number, ist actaly tiny when u consider in afraca EVERY day over 30,000 childern alwon are dieding "/

Dude, you went way over topic. Were talking about bombing killing. Children that died in Africa RIP but this isnt what we are talking about.

Mentor
08-07-2005, 02:32 AM
Dude, you went way over topic. Were talking about bombing killing. Children that died in Africa RIP but this isnt what we are talking about.
yes but i think from a more global stand point, and its anoying when you starting going on about the massive loss of life when in realist terms its microscopic on a global level.

RunescapePK
08-07-2005, 02:44 AM
Obviously they are not going to strike again. I bet this was planned so bush could get more oil.

BOGD4N
08-07-2005, 03:25 AM
i think it got something to do with G8

BlueTails
08-07-2005, 05:20 AM
52, Maybe 53 Dead Update :'(

Mit
08-07-2005, 07:52 AM
yer but children dieing in africa is not always humans killin each other. yes there are these mean governments killin innocent people, but in west we r past that.

so when a person comes to perposly kill some1 its quite a big shock.

Hanurr
08-07-2005, 08:52 AM
My friends and I were discussing it today, one of my mate's aunty's was meant to be on one of the underground trains that was bombed but her appointment got canceled. Thank goodness for that!

Mural
08-07-2005, 11:43 AM
i did not create this thread for people to compare death rates at Terrorist events i created it for the people interested in expressing their views on the devestating events so please what ever country your from SHOW SOME RESPECT AND STOP BICKERING!

Pulchritudinous
08-07-2005, 12:09 PM
I know more people might of died in another place or in another attack, but it doesn't excuse the fact that innocent people died yesterday, 38 people have died, but lives have been destroyed mentally from the hurt of losing a loved one.
No matter how few people died, it still is a terrible attack.

R.I.P everyone who died, recover quickly to those who were injured, and love to those who lost a loved one.

BlueTails
08-07-2005, 02:37 PM
RIP

Update: No It Wasnt 52-53, Must Be Drunk

Was About 42-43

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!