i have ps1
ps2
ps2
psp - black

i think the new ps3 - white looks weird:eusa_danc
Love
Domino
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Thread closed by PaulMacC (Forum Moderator): To prevent further arguments.

30-12-2008, 01:31 AM
Only xbox I've owned is 360.
I've owned ps1 ps2 and psp though
but i prefer xbox :D

Neil
30-12-2008, 01:38 AM
I prefer xbox, it's always been better than Playstation, as much as I like my PS3 the xbox is just way better, the only reason I've spent so much time on my PS3 recently is because I have games to actually play on it.

Fez
30-12-2008, 02:08 AM
the only reason I've spent so much time on my PS3 recently is because I have games to actually play on it.

SUREEEEE NEAL, AND IT WILL RAIN BLUE DIAMOND ENCRUSTED UNICORNS TOMMOROW EVENING AT EXACTLY 8:30PM SANTA-CLAUSELAND TIME...

I have a small Sony fanboy in my brain, but some things from the green side of life I can't ignore...

TehJoshy
30-12-2008, 03:12 AM
Only xbox I've owned is 360.
I've owned ps1 ps2 and psp though
but i prefer xbox :D
yup same for me tbh.

nothing against the ps3, just more of a xbox fanboy now :P

Josh-H
30-12-2008, 08:51 AM
I actually preffered my xbox to my ps2 and now I prefer my xb360 to my PS3.

MeRkAgE
30-12-2008, 10:53 AM
Love you too Domino xox

Neil
30-12-2008, 11:06 AM
SUREEEEE NEAL, AND IT WILL RAIN BLUE DIAMOND ENCRUSTED UNICORNS TOMMOROW EVENING AT EXACTLY 8:30PM SANTA-CLAUSELAND TIME...

I have a small Sony fanboy in my brain, but some things from the green side of life I can't ignore...

Well if that's the case I better get a sack ready to catch some. :)

Wayne
30-12-2008, 11:07 AM
I also had a PS1 and a PS2 and now I have a PS3. In my opinion, Playstation has always and will always be better.

Jord
30-12-2008, 11:10 AM
This is going to turn out to be a fanboys vs fanboys

ontopic

xbox 360

Bren
30-12-2008, 11:21 AM
I've never actually played a ps3 so can't comment but it would be nice to play one to see.

Jibbish
30-12-2008, 11:28 AM
There is not better console.
It's all down to matter of opinion.

Wayne
30-12-2008, 11:31 AM
I have no problems with Xbox tbh, but I prefer Playstation, just because I had a PS1 then PS2.

Neil
30-12-2008, 11:33 AM

What are you talking about? Of course there is a better console, you can't say there isn't when clearly when it comes down to specs the Wii isn't exactly on top is it?

Robbie
30-12-2008, 11:53 AM
OK I have a PS3 and 360. I had a PS2 and Xbox and a PS1. I preferred the Playstations always until the 360. The online play is better and I just feel that the games library has more titles I will actually like in it.

Jord
30-12-2008, 12:27 PM

Yes there is :S

j0rd
30-12-2008, 12:35 PM
Xbox is best... and always will be :)

Jibbish
30-12-2008, 01:17 PM
What are you talking about? Of course there is a better console, you can't say there isn't when clearly when it comes down to specs the Wii isn't exactly on top is it?
If that is the case then PS3 is obviously the best console on the market :P

kk.
30-12-2008, 01:34 PM
If that is the case then PS3 is obviously the best console on the market :P

agreed. if it comes down to specs then PS3 will win. Both have ads and disads but i prefer ps3 because im just used to their gaming controls etc. Im sure if i had an xbox instead of a ps2 and xbox360 instead of ps3 then i would be saying the same for xbox

Swearwolf
30-12-2008, 01:36 PM
xbox 360 is far better

Cylinder
30-12-2008, 01:37 PM
agreed. if it comes down to specs then PS3 will win. Both have ads and disads but i prefer ps3 because im just used to their gaming controls etc. Im sure if i had an xbox instead of a ps2 and xbox360 instead of ps3 then i would be saying the same for xbox
I had an Xbox, took it back and got a silver PS2 in the same day.. now I have a 360.

Haven't played on a PS3, would like one..doesn't make a difference to me, both consoles..both do same job. The only thing I hate about my Xbox is the loudness of it, it's so loud the fan. <_<

Fehm
30-12-2008, 02:50 PM
I always thought i was a playstation dude but last christmas i asked for an Xbox and ia int been on my PS1/2/3 since then xD! Mostly because i sold them but yh :)

Fez
30-12-2008, 03:59 PM
If I'm honest and quite cheeky, the real only reason many of you don't prefer a PS3 is because of the price. Maybe us spoilt brats haven't played your side either, but I've had to pay over £100 just to get my 360 online, and that's just a rip off.

When it comes down to it, Sony offers the best online service - free, simple and seemingly empty. I've been browsing the 360 marketplace for hours now and even on a 16mb connection, half the pages aren't loading and I just can't seem to find just simple free themes I can use.

When it comes down to actual content and video games, Microsoft win, hands down. Gears, Haloz, Fable - 360 owns our *****.

When it comes to crappy, recycled and boring dead franchises OR party games, go to Wiiiiiiiiii or... Sonic the headgehog

Stitch
30-12-2008, 04:15 PM
If I'm honest and quite cheeky, the real only reason many of you don't prefer a PS3 is because of the price. Maybe us spoilt brats haven't played your side either, but I've had to pay over £100 just to get my 360 online, and that's just a rip off.

When it comes down to it, Sony offers the best online service - free, simple and seemingly empty. I've been browsing the 360 marketplace for hours now and even on a 16mb connection, half the pages aren't loading and I just can't seem to find just simple free themes I can use.

When it comes down to actual content and video games, Microsoft win, hands down. Gears, Haloz, Fable - 360 owns our *****.

When it comes to crappy, recycled and boring dead franchises OR party games, go to Wiiiiiiiiii or... Sonic the headgehog
I would get a 360 but im put off because i'll need to buy a wireless adapter and pay for Live.

Moh
30-12-2008, 04:17 PM
I only have a PS3, but I have been on an Xbox 360. I couldn't really see any differences.

But when you look at the amount of faults the Xbox 360 has compared to the PS3, its a bit of a disappointment to the Xbox.

Last time I checked, the Xbox didn't have built in wireless, and thats another £50 just to connect your Xbox to the internet.

You then have to Pay for Xbox live. But isn't that encouraging people to play on games consoles even more? If they know they are paying even if there not playing on the console, it makes you want to play more and not waste the money.

The thing which puts me off Xbox is the company itself, Microsoft. They don't play fair in the market, they have to pay game developers to just create games for their console. Which, if their console was better than the PS3, they wouldn't have to do that, because people would still buy the Xbox and the game eh?

Cylinder
30-12-2008, 05:00 PM
The wireless adapter thing is a bit of a joke and it's still £50 odd brand new in shops.

Stitch
30-12-2008, 05:34 PM
The wireless adapter thing is a bit of a joke and it's still £50 odd brand new in shops.
Do you have to buy an official one?

Robbie
30-12-2008, 05:42 PM
Do you have to buy an official one?

Yeah you do.

Con
30-12-2008, 06:19 PM
Connect it via land line wire thing ?

That's what I do. No way am I paying £50 for a wireless adapter.
Only annoying thing is currently I have a wire running across the room :(

OT: 360 vs PS3 - I don't think I could choose, 360 owns for games but I think PS3 has that bit better graphics?
PS3 online owns because it's wireless and free but 360 will still win :P

Lost_Addict
30-12-2008, 06:20 PM
lol my consoles went as followed

gameboy
ps1
gameboyadvanced
ps2
nintendo ds
xbox 360
psp
wii

im a very mixed console person

lil...hotti
30-12-2008, 06:23 PM
Ooft ur all saying xbox
ive never had one
They look scary
Has ani one else seen new ps3 - white

:eusa_whis:eusa_whis
Love yhoo
Domino
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Technologic
30-12-2008, 06:30 PM
Pc is better than both

Josh-H
30-12-2008, 06:31 PM
When it comes down to it, Sony offers the best online service

I usually agree with you as you're quite fair but come on, that's rubbish. PSN cannot even begin to compete with Xbox Live.
PSN is a mess and playing catchup badly.

Technologic
30-12-2008, 06:45 PM
I usually agree with you as you're quite fair but come on, that's rubbish. PSN cannot even begin to compete with Xbox Live.
PSN is a mess and playing catchup badly.

What's wrong with it?

Josh-H
30-12-2008, 06:49 PM
What's wrong with it?

Friends list is a mess, no simple one solution to inviting people to games.
Hardly anyone has a headset and some games don't even support it.
Can't chat to people while playing different games, "Private Chat" as it's called on 360.
Hardly any games support trophys.

To be fair, it is constantly improving and I respect it for that. But there's no way it's better than xbox live AT THE MOMENT.
That could change I suppose.

Fez
30-12-2008, 07:20 PM
Can't chat to people while playing different games, "Private Chat" as it's called on 360.

To be fair, it is constantly improving and I respect it for that. But there's no way it's better than xbox live AT THE MOMENT.

To be honest, let's call it a tie

- But don't you think it's much easier to invite them while IN-game? In LBP all you gotta do is go to Friends -> Dude78 -> Invite/Join , and I don't think there's any other exclusive games which have an actual hard inviting interfaces, so we both get the same end of the stick at the end of the day
- Hardly anyone has a headset because one doesn't come with the console, and that's complete poop that 'not all games support it', a multiplayer without chat is a multiplayer without teamwork
- Private chat, you've got me there
- Trophies are mandatory for PS3 games after January

Technologic
30-12-2008, 08:04 PM
Plus there's home.

Fez
30-12-2008, 08:08 PM
Home's useless though, why should we have to go into a virtual space and talk about our virtual couch or have a game of pool or bowling... when we can just send messages and pwn n00bs in Call of doody?

Technologic
30-12-2008, 08:12 PM
I don't even have cod5. lol

Might steam it

Stitch
30-12-2008, 08:16 PM
Home's useless though, why should we have to go into a virtual space and talk about our virtual couch or have a game of pool or bowling... when we can just send messages and pwn n00bs in Call of doody?
Also Europe is being left out of everything on Home. We don't have any new spaces like America and Japan does (or do we now?).

Fez
30-12-2008, 08:18 PM
I don't know, I don't even use Home at all - tried it once and played a game of chess with some bloke.

Also, why do you have like - double the amount of trofies i has?

Josh-H
30-12-2008, 08:45 PM
I've never seen the point of home either, I don't see why I would want to go on there?
I'd rather talk while I play a proper game.

Stitch
30-12-2008, 08:50 PM
I don't know, I don't even use Home at all - tried it once and played a game of chess with some bloke.

Also, why do you have like - double the amount of trofies i has?
Because i has more skills than you.

PaulMacC
30-12-2008, 08:59 PM
Personally, I think the PS3 is Sony's attempt at creating a multimedia system rather than gaming.

Kardan
30-12-2008, 09:00 PM
I've got all three last generation, and this generation consoles...

PS2 was by far the better console last generation, and I played on it tons, as I did with my gamecube and rarely went on my Xbox. Probably because it was new to me since I already had a PS1 and N64.

Now, I play on my 360 the most, with the PS3 and the Wii getting the same amount of playtime. To be fair, I think the online play is much better on the 360 than the PS3 - and at the end of the day I want a console that has the best online play.

Fez
30-12-2008, 10:09 PM
Because i has more skills than you.
Sureeee you do

And whos the one who did Bioshock in one life, on Survivor mode and still didn't get a platinum somehow?

Havoline
30-12-2008, 10:12 PM
Xbox wooo

Moh
30-12-2008, 10:29 PM

Its easy to invite people to games.. its pretty much always in the start menu.
I prefere it when people don't have headsets. You don't get people playing music in the background, or with a static mic etc.. - But thats not really the consoles fault..
By chatting, do you mean voice or text?

Personally, I think the PS3 is Sony's attempt at creating a multimedia system rather than gaming.
Not really, its just a series of games consoles they have been developing over how many years?

Immenseman
30-12-2008, 10:30 PM
I don't think console gaming is cool! Although, if I was to pick between a 360 and PS3 i'd pick the 360 because people always talk about xbox live lol and it sounds fun.

Stitch
30-12-2008, 10:41 PM
Sureeee you do

And whos the one who did Bioshock in one life, on Survivor mode and still didn't get a platinum somehow?
I don't have the patience to do that!!

GoldSolid
30-12-2008, 10:48 PM
xbox....

Jordan3606
30-12-2008, 10:54 PM
I prefer the PS3, though i'll admit, that at the moment, Live is better than PSN in some aspects...

All Live has over it, is cross game chat, and cross game invites for all games. PSN already has cross game invites but not all games support it (eg. Motorstorm 2, Resistance 2 etc. do however). And yeah, cross game chat. I'd never use it, but I kinda see the appeal! :P One other thing Sony needs to sort out, is in game XMB. It works, but in some games (LBP :rolleyes:) it is as laggy as heck. Almost unusable.

Other than those 2 things, I dont see much that the 360 has over the PS3. Sure, it has Halo 3, but its over rated, some people love it, but each to their own I guess... Gears of War, fair enough, great game. Gears 2? Same as Gears 1 pretty much :rolleyes: Isn't it like, 6 player online or something? WOOP DE DOOP :P

The argument that PS3 has no games is now invalid :P Dare I say it, PS3 has a better lineup in 2009 than the 360 does. There are already some great games out for PS3 and nobody can deny that - LBP, Uncharted, Resistance 2, Motorstorm 2 etc., and next year only looks better with Killzone 2, inFamous, GT5, Uncharted 2, FF13 Versus, L.A Noire (if thats an 09 title? :S)

Then there's the reliability problems on the 360, dont even get me started.... the PS3 is an all round better kit, in terms of reliability and specs too.

So yeah, just my $0.2c :P PSN could do with some improvements, but its free online gaming man, who can complain? Once all future and some current games support trophies and Home, then I'm 99% happy ;)

I'm not saying the 360 is ********, its not. I'd just rather spend my cash on a PS3, because imo its a better long term investment ;)

Also, I hate Microsofts guts, so that played a contributing factor in my choice of consoles :P

PaulMacC
31-12-2008, 12:10 AM
Then why are all the PS3 exclusives coming to 360 rather than vice versa.
GTA, Final Fantasy, maybe MGS *hint*

Fez
31-12-2008, 12:15 AM
Because Microsoft has a bigger cheque book than Sony.

Jordan3606
31-12-2008, 09:33 PM

Microsoft has the money to throw around, and its only common sense, surely? Bigger market if you sell to both PS3 and 360 owners, thus more money for the dev/publishers of the game.

Third party exclusive titles are beginning to become a thing of the past :P Doesnt matter though, as Sony has more internal studios than Nintendo and Microsoft combined.

WIN.

Neil
31-12-2008, 10:18 PM

There is a good chance that the 360 is getting L.A. Noire aswell now. xD

e5
31-12-2008, 10:23 PM
ive had all the playstation except the ps2 becoz my bro got it so i played that really..

Casuals
01-01-2009, 02:08 AM
xbox360.

Andeeh
01-01-2009, 05:04 PM
A microsoft Xbox 360 is my choice :)

rkolegendkilla
01-01-2009, 08:08 PM
ps3 for me who in da world wants an xbox when they brake all the while and xbox live for noobs

Tbh.
01-01-2009, 10:48 PM
i finally got around to propely playing a ps3 last night and it was shockingly bad.

Jam
01-01-2009, 10:54 PM
I can't stand those button/trigger with foam beneath them hybrid L2/R2 buttons on PS3, getting one tommorow though.

360 FTW.

lil...hotti
08-02-2009, 07:21 PM
:o
Ily too
:D
Edited by PaulMacC (Forum Moderator): Please do not bump a thread within 14 days of the last post being made.

Sunny.
11-02-2009, 04:47 PM
PS3 is a lot better IMO. i cant stand my xbox breaking down every so often.

PS3 is the more reliable of the two and is by far the better console

Juelz
11-02-2009, 04:50 PM
play station 3 (:

mangle
11-02-2009, 04:52 PM
360 for me, just a better experience all round for me.

Bren
11-02-2009, 05:41 PM
PS3 is a lot better IMO. i cant stand my xbox breaking down every so often.

PS3 is the more reliable of the two and is by far the better console
Okay you clearly don't own an xbox if you say it breaks down every so often. Yes, some may get RRoD but not all :S

I personally can't compare PS3 and Xbox as I've never played a PS3 but I did love the PS2 so I wouldn't be surprised if it's just as great, if not better.

Mint
11-02-2009, 06:16 PM
I always heard the scroaters at school talking about 360's because they are more affordable, the console is and so are most of the games. I'm not saying that anyone that has a 360 is a scroat because they arn't, but the main reason why you always hear about Xbox's and xbox live is because they are more affordable therefore owned by many more people.

I'm a PS3 fanboy. :D

Take away online and the PS3 is the clear winner, even you 360 fanboys should be able to admit that. It is a much better console. The games can only be a matter of opinion so will always be argued by both lots of fanboys.

If you really want to know which is the better overall console then watch this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRaYXHHCgxo

Bren
11-02-2009, 06:21 PM
I always heard the scroaters at school talking about 360's because they are more affordable, the console is and so are most of the games. I'm not saying that anyone that has a 360 is a scroat because they arn't, but the main reason why you always hear about Xbox's and xbox live is because they are more affordable therefore owned by many more people.

I'm a PS3 fanboy. :D

Take away online and the PS3 is the clear winner, even you 360 fanboys should be able to admit that. It is a much better console. The games can only be a matter of opinion so will always be argued by both lots of fanboys.

If you really want to know which is the better overall console then watch this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRaYXHHCgxo
I suppose if there were no live then Sony may be better, but what's a console without live though. :P

Technologic
11-02-2009, 06:31 PM
I suppose if there were no live then Sony may be better, but what's a console without live though. :P

A console without live....

People seem to think that the PS3 has no online support whatsoever :s.

IMO both consoles are great, it's just down to preference, price and if your friends own one.

Mint
11-02-2009, 06:33 PM
All I am saying is that out of the actual consoles the PS3 is better, add the online and it's still better because there isn't actually as much difference between them now. PS3 has trophies, many/nearly all players with mics and much better connection in matches than it use too. So if your really bothered about the differences online then get a 360. :)

Technologic
11-02-2009, 06:37 PM
All i'm saying is that both consoles are the same and do the same thing and in the end, they cost the same.

All i'm saying is that fanboys are ignorant idiots... bit like religion.

Mint
11-02-2009, 07:03 PM
All i'm saying is that both consoles are the same and do the same thing and in the end, they cost the same.

All i'm saying is that fanboys are ignorant idiots... bit like religion.
I'm not the type of fanboy that you see saying things like "PS3's are better because they just are", I take both consoles into consideration and I'm not ignorant, infact I don't even know why I said I was a PS3 fanboy, maybe I should change it to a PS3 user.

They do not both cost the same. The 360 games are cheaper and you don't have to buy the extras, you can use cable instead of buying wireless internet or don't buy a cordless pad etc.

Bren
11-02-2009, 07:05 PM
I'm not the type of fanboy that you see saying things like "PS3's are better because they just are", I take both consoles into consideration and I'm not ignorant, infact I don't even know why I said I was a PS3 fanboy, maybe I should change it to a PS3 user.
Well a normal fanboy wouldn't be sad enough to make a thread named "crapbox 360" or something along those lines.

Sunny.
11-02-2009, 07:18 PM
Okay you clearly don't own an xbox if you say it breaks down every so often. Yes, some may get RRoD but not all :S

I personally can't compare PS3 and Xbox as I've never played a PS3 but I did love the PS2 so I wouldn't be surprised if it's just as great, if not better.

Because I said it breaks down often does not clear mean I dont own one. I bought one in December 2006 and it was my console after the ps2.

I then got the ps3 in December 07.

I still own the xbox 360 so where you got the idea I dont own one is beyond me. If you want proof il provide.

:rolleyes:

Bren
11-02-2009, 07:22 PM
I don't want proof, but it still doesn't mean it breaks down every so often. I'm sure the PS3 can break aswell.

PaulMacC
11-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Xbox live is far superior to Sony's online service. You get what you pay for.
Both the consoles have roughly the same specs, yes PS3 is superior by a small margin but your only going to notice the difference if your hooking it up to a 60'' LCD TV hooked up with 1080p HDMI cables and surround sound.

Mint
11-02-2009, 07:50 PM
Well a normal fanboy wouldn't be sad enough to make a thread named "crapbox 360" or something along those lines.
Correct about me naming the 360 a Crapbox 360, they have a button on them to let you know when they are broken, that's how often they break, crap or what?!

11-02-2009, 08:16 PM
playstation everything
buttt
playstation < xbox 360

Bren
11-02-2009, 08:18 PM
Correct about me naming the 360 a Crapbox 360, they have a button on them to let you know when they are broken, that's how often they break, crap or what?!
The lights are around the button, not the button itself and still doesn't mean they break often.

mangle
11-02-2009, 09:04 PM
A console without live....

People seem to think that the PS3 has no online support whatsoever :s.

IMO both consoles are great, it's just down to preference, price and if your friends own one.
/thread
He just summed it up really, these arguments are poitnless given the fact that a console is something that plays a game at the end of the day. I made a decision to buy the 360 because most of my mates had it, not because it was faster or had Xbox live. Just like i'm sure most of you saw the PS3 and saw that it had 7 processors or w/e and bought it on the merit of that.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!