PDA

View Full Version : iTunes Discovery

Jackboy
30-12-2008, 11:39 AM
I always wondered why iTunes asked you if you were sure you wanted to close it when you click the "X" in the top right corner.

I have figured out why!

iTunes is used by Americans. On average Americans struggle to understand things. Despite their nationality inventing computers, they still don't seem to understand that when you press the x in the corner that it closes things.

So Americans, you must thank Apple for putting that feature in for you.

Quite an interesting find in my opinion.

Hayd93
30-12-2008, 11:47 AM
I always wondered why iTunes asked you if you were sure you wanted to close it when you click the "X" in the top right corner.

I have figured out why!

iTunes is used by Americans. On average Americans struggle to understand things. Despite their nationality inventing computers, they still don't seem to understand that when you press the x in the corner that it closes things.

So Americans, you must thank Apple for putting that feature in for you.

Quite an interesting find in my opinion.
You see strange thing is on a mac it doesn't do that. It goes to the dock then when you exit it with the dock it doesn't neither.

Jackboy
30-12-2008, 01:11 PM
You see strange thing is on a mac it doesn't do that. It goes to the dock then when you exit it with the dock it doesn't neither.

Ahh. I aint got a macintosh :p

Cylinder
30-12-2008, 01:15 PM
I've got XP and it doesn't do that.. it just closes straight away.

William93
30-12-2008, 02:43 PM
I sometimes accidently click the X button, so I'm glad of that feature.

Fehm
30-12-2008, 02:47 PM
I think its more to do with the fact your downloads will cancel when you close because you have exited the itunes store rather than the fact Americans are stupid :P

but nice find

myke
30-12-2008, 02:48 PM
Dan that's annoying, when im on my windows im like ok i wna minimise *presses x* ow8 im on windows..

i think its so you know your downloads will end

xxMATTGxx
30-12-2008, 02:51 PM
Yeah i didn't get that warning, its probably when your iTunes is doing something like eg. downloading.

Recursion
30-12-2008, 04:26 PM
Yeh, I only get them when its downloading something.

kk.
30-12-2008, 04:31 PM
I've got XP and it doesn't do that.. it just closes straight away.

same? :S

Jackboy
30-12-2008, 05:04 PM
Dan that's annoying, when im on my windows im like ok i wna minimise *presses x* ow8 im on windows..

i think its so you know your downloads will end

Lmao!

Well how can I get rid of it ?

I don't even download from iTunes because I'm too poor.

But how can I take it off?

Kyle!
30-12-2008, 05:05 PM
Yeh, I only get them when its downloading something.

***** is right, this only ever happens when you are downloading/burning a disc, basically, when your doing something!

Cylinder
30-12-2008, 05:05 PM
Is there not a message underneath when you do it?

Saying "Tick here to never show again" or something, lol

Firehorse
30-12-2008, 08:52 PM
Lol, you really don't wanna go there!

I once just posted a youtube video with the title 'Stupid Americans' which wasn't saying americans as a whole but just the ones in the video and on that occasion I lost about 100 reputation points because the american members on this forum got very very mad because they couldn't take a joke which wasn't even aimed at them..

just a word of warning ;P

30-12-2008, 09:00 PM
Lol at you.
I'm american, I use iTunes, and when I X out of it, I've never been asked if I'm sure
so yeah you fail :)

edit: at stuntoman I was probably one to -rep you on that video.
but probably becuase you never specified it was just a few of us, not the whole of america.
Personally I enjoy watching the hicks be dumb

Jackboy
30-12-2008, 10:02 PM
Lol at you.
I'm american, I use iTunes, and when I X out of it, I've never been asked if I'm sure
so yeah you fail :)

edit: at stuntoman I was probably one to -rep you on that video.
but probably becuase you never specified it was just a few of us, not the whole of america.
Personally I enjoy watching the hicks be dumb

I don't fail my friend. The american race fails :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!