PDA

View Full Version : Getting domain on google.

efq
30-12-2008, 05:01 PM
I was wondering, my domain www.domain.co.uk isn't first when I search it in google. My facebook is :P

How can I get my domain there instead?

Thanks for the help.

Jordy
30-12-2008, 05:10 PM
It's called 'Search Engine Optimization' and it's a very tricky thing to move your way up Google as it uses various algorithm.

The most easy and common way is to put this at the top of the homepage in your website in the source code and within days you should appear on Google and hopefully work your way up.

Here's an example of the code and how it should be used

<meta name="description" content="Welcome to Hambags Direct, we sell Hambags, come check us out for the biggest retailer on the Internet!" />

<meta name="keywords" content="handbags, hand bags, bags, women, tags" />

<meta name="Author" content="Jordy" />

The author bit is who owns the website, just your name. Keywords is most important, these are things people need to search on Google for you to appear, separate them with a comma and space like it does above. The description is what comes up under your result on Google, keep it short.

Copy and paste this in to the top of your homepage ;)

<meta name="description" content="Include a description of your website here" />

<meta name="keywords" content="handbags, hand bags, bags, women, tags, include tags like this here, use as many as possible" />

<meta name="Author" content="Your name here" />

efq
30-12-2008, 05:16 PM
In the index.html source yeh?

Kevin
30-12-2008, 05:18 PM
It's called 'Search Engine Optimization' and it's a very tricky thing to move your way up Google as it uses various algorithm.

The most easy and common way is to put this at the top of the homepage in your website in the source code and within days you should appear on Google and hopefully work your way up.

Here's an example of the code and how it should be used

The author bit is who owns the website, just your name. Keywords is most important, these are things people need to search on Google for you to appear, separate them with a comma and space like it does above. The description is what comes up under your result on Google, keep it short.

Copy and paste this in to the top of your homepage ;)

That's a nice tutorial, + Rep.

BeanEgg
30-12-2008, 05:19 PM
In the index.html source yeh?

On every page, if you wish. This will enable a more narrow search. (So if you have a blog, on the blog page add in the keywords 'blog' and in the description, describe the page.

efq
30-12-2008, 05:21 PM
I have, should I not encrypt the source or can I still?

Robbie
30-12-2008, 05:45 PM
SEO is the best way as Jordy said, or;

http://www.google.co.uk/addurl/

Mistajam
30-12-2008, 05:46 PM
Encrypting a webpage is a waste of time, if someone wanted to rip it they'd find away round it. Which to encryption there always is.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!