PDA

View Full Version : General rant about heroic groups.

Wig44.
30-12-2008, 09:42 PM
Well, today I decided I only need 3 emblems I'll go do whatever. And I have hardy any friends online, not many guildies who werent doing an unofficial raid and lfm/lfg was practically empty. This is happening a lot getting heroic groups sucks quite a lot of the time. Normally I go with friends/guildies but wheneve they aren't online, I have to go with a group to some heroic I couldn't be bothered with or I dislike.

Now if you end up pugging, like I did today to VH heroic you are by no means guaranteed to get emblems. This has happened before but I think today has been the worst heroic I have done in wotlk, and worse than any tbc group I ever did too when I think about it. We had several adds coming from all around the room because the dpos sucked, with the highest on 1.4k and the lowest on 900 dps. They all still managed to pull aggro from the tank, and I was constantly bombarded with attacks because my healing was grabbing aggro from the absolutely terrible tank. This tank didn't know how to keep aggro on one target, let alone kep aggro on more than one. I got blamed a lot, and this might be the first time I have died in VH. We wiped twice, before reaching boss number one. I was then blamed, because theo ther 4 were guildies even though the warlock life tapped to what, <20% health and then died from the aoe because the tank took 50% damage every few seconds. He life tapped while we were in combat. And the arms warrior with little over 2k ap and less than 20% crit decided he would go and attack the adds as they spawned without letting the tank build aggro, not that this makes a difference.

Well I'll cut to the chase (wall of text) I've noticed an influx in the number of *********** groups recently. It makes me want to tear out my eyeballs because I always bite my tongue so I don't get a reputation for QQing or kill someone's confidence. I'm usually carrying the group and healing them through all the aoe, or healing through damage from adds reaching the boss because no one knows what kill the adds means etc but tonight was god damn awful :(

Anyone else had some bad groups recently?

Casual
30-12-2008, 10:14 PM
Not really - unlucky on that group though will :(

Nemo
30-12-2008, 10:38 PM
i try and stay away from the pugs if i can, at most pugging a dps since my guild is usually active (even very late so yay).

Yer. unlucky will

Ranger
30-12-2008, 10:56 PM
I had a PuG group to Halls of Lightning a few days ago, we wiped once on the second boss, and I lost count of how many tries we had on Loken. I left in the end because people not realizing about his aoe abilities makes my repair costs expensive, especially as plate.

And how the hell can anyone at level 80 do less then 1.4k DPS? At 80 any class with dungeon blues can hit 2k DPS with ease.
Tbh I hate doing any PuG heroics now, as anyone I go with can't hold aggro unless it's a tank I know in similar gear. Diseases tick so high now and whacking a 6.5k Scourge strike doesn't help the situation.

Wig44.
31-12-2008, 08:38 AM
I had a PuG group to Halls of Lightning a few days ago, we wiped once on the second boss, and I lost count of how many tries we had on Loken. I left in the end because people not realizing about his aoe abilities makes my repair costs expensive, especially as plate.

And how the hell can anyone at level 80 do less then 1.4k DPS? At 80 any class with dungeon blues can hit 2k DPS with ease.
Tbh I hate doing any PuG heroics now, as anyone I go with can't hold aggro unless it's a tank I know in similar gear. Diseases tick so high now and whacking a 6.5k Scourge strike doesn't help the situation.

Amen to that. I've got a couple of tanks I befriended from pugs/old guilds who are good at tanking.
I'll post a screenie of the recount:
http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/379/noobswhowipedmejt0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

If one of my tanks had been on we could have carried this group :(

DrLacero
02-01-2009, 01:22 AM
I hate getting bad pugs, so much so that I don't pug unless the group is at least half guildies (obviously there are places where I couldn't avoid this and they went well like AQ40 and the for the horde achievements).

We did naxx today. By which I mean we had a group, half dks and half randoms. The dk tank couldn't keep aggro so the mobs kept going for the higest dpss (so a fair few times we wiped). Naturally it was a train wreck. Calmed down by doing a guild run of VoA 10 man, less than 5 minutes with 1 casualty (******* rogue stealthed into his cloud).

Sometimes it seems like half the lvl 80s bought their characters on ebay...

Axel
02-01-2009, 02:36 AM
How can you not have 2k dps at 80?

Charles
02-01-2009, 01:40 PM
PuG's, wahey!

Wig44.
02-01-2009, 04:58 PM
How can you not have 2k dps at 80?

If you are healing, tanking (though occasionally I see a tank surpass 2k) or are a ******ed dps :P

DrLacero
03-01-2009, 06:54 AM
If you are healing, tanking (though occasionally I see a tank surpass 2k) or are a ******ed dps :P

Or be a DK :eusa_whis

Danzilla
03-01-2009, 06:39 PM
Unlucky Will.

Chimei
03-01-2009, 09:22 PM
Dan hows the leveling? Sorry I haven't been helping you but I haven't seen you much :P

Ranger
08-01-2009, 03:30 PM
lol, another PuG rant.

You know things are bad with the state of people still learning instances when you alone account for 22% of the damage done throughout the encounter, just as he enrages and wipes us.
At least the tank is one I've done a few instances with and he had the balls to speak up and say that a majority of the DPS were sucking hard.

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/4255/wowscrnshot010809130539fo4.th.jpg (http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wowscrnshot010809130539fo4.jpg)

Sadly I lost the roll on the PvP gloves to another deathknight, called Blatheon, who if you look at recount, pulled off a MASSIVE 900dps through the fight.

/cry

Charles
08-01-2009, 04:35 PM
Oh wow, how can people do such poor dps on a, literally, stand still and dps fight (for ranged, at least)!?

Axel
08-01-2009, 05:59 PM
Haha 900 dps... I went on my friends DK and did 1.9k without having a clue.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!