PDA

View Full Version : AXE : New upload site - Previews

Dentafrice
31-12-2008, 04:46 AM
Well, I told you I was working on another 'upload site', and I have worked furiously on it the past few days.

First off, let me say.. no, it is not going to be called 'AXE', that is just the 'codename' for it while it is in development.

I've been working quite hard on it the past few days, and let a few users already get on and begin testing (although it's improved quite a bit since they joined in :]).

Well what's the point in posting if I don't show some previews?

No this is probably not going to be the final design, I know (ew right?), but it's good enough for development :]

Here is the main page of AXE, before you login, or anything:

Main Page

http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/app-329824367326726249.png

Login

http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/app-895099446384053605.png

Register

http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/app-892015662485162011.png

Dashboard Draft

http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/app-65948726275228577.png

Upload Successful

Here you can see the top link is an image, which shows a thumbnail, the bottom uploaded is a file, it has no thumbnail.

http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/app-164485104202344070.png

Settings

http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/app-77397652142500414.png

-- Backup

With this simple utility, you can download a backup of your entire account if you ever decide to cancel your account, or clear your account.

Once you take a backup, the next backup you take will only include the files that you have uploaded since the previous backup (if any), you can choose to override this and make a full backup if you wish.

http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/app-710288279208224263.png

http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/app-148017583383653487.png

Share File (share/bla)

http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/app-872956407314756716.png

---------------------

Canceling your account/clearing all files requires you to enter your password to complete those actions.

http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/app-4916945040968216.png

http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/app-30008270145371851.png

---------------------

This is also the fastest version of an upload site that I have coded, TehUpload or not :)

http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/app-829630896283609291.png

Hopefully you'll see this coming soon, any idea on what you would want in this site?

- Caleb

J0SH
31-12-2008, 05:01 AM
I see you've allowed .txt files and such, possibly allow mp3s and such so people can press play and listen to a mp3 that someone has uploaded and if they like it they can download it? That way it could be used as a p2p downloading site too. :P

Trinity
31-12-2008, 05:03 AM
Other than a new layout, I can't really think of anything to add to it.
Will you be converting the TU app to work with AXE?

Dentafrice
31-12-2008, 05:07 AM
I see you've allowed .txt files and such, possibly allow mp3s and such so people can press play and listen to a mp3 that someone has uploaded and if they like it they can download it? That way it could be used as a p2p downloading site too. :P

MP3 files, if allowed to be hosted (due to space and bandwidth issues), will not be allowed to be downloaded outside of the original uploader.

This is due to copyright issues, and many other things, we just can't allow that.

Other than a new layout, I can't really think of anything to add to it.
Will you be converting the TU app to work with AXE?

That is a big possibility, that I will convert the TehUpload application to work with AXE, not until after AXE is finished though.

I want a stable site before the application comes in.

Trinity
31-12-2008, 05:11 AM
That is a big possibility, that I will convert the TehUpload application to work with AXE, not until after AXE is finished though.

I want a stable site before the application comes in.

Obviously :)
Bully Matt into doing the design, your coding + his designs = nom nom nom.

Oooo new question, why not just update TU instead of creating a whole new site? TehUpload is a pretty decent name.

Dentafrice
31-12-2008, 05:22 AM
Because if I update TU then some features may be removed (albums, etc) and people will complain blabla :)

Plus I'd have to convert and import all tehuploads users and files to AXE. Both sites have majorly different structures.

I want your opinion on the backup feature though, what do you think?

Trinity
31-12-2008, 05:29 AM
Because if I update TU then some features may be removed (albums, etc) and people will complain blabla :)

Plus I'd have to convert and import all tehuploads users and files to AXE. Both sites have majorly different structures.

I want your opinion on the backup feature though, what do you think?

:O You're getting rid of albums?

Now that's just laziness :)

I was going to comment on that before, but I got distracted by Jake 2.0
I think it could be an extremely useful feature, but I think you should keep albums and be able to backup each album individually, much better :)
And possibly add password confirmation thing to the backup feature too. In case someone's account is compromised and they have private files on there, it should slow the intruder down slightly, although admittedly not much. There was another less pointless reason why I think you should add the password thing to it, but I forgot it :(

Dentafrice
31-12-2008, 05:41 AM
I'll consider adding the password protection onto it.

The site is going to support a lot more then images, so having albums (which have to do with photos) is kinda pointless right?

Where would text, doc, things like that go?

J0SH
31-12-2008, 05:48 AM
Might aswell just add to TehUpload really, no point in two different upload sites, and keep albums, it's the only reason I use PhotoBucket really.

Dentafrice
31-12-2008, 05:54 AM
Read my post above about the albums, if I'm going to host files too, albums are not feasable.

Trinity
31-12-2008, 05:56 AM
I'll consider adding the password protection onto it.

The site is going to support a lot more then images, so having albums (which have to do with photos) is kinda pointless right?

Where would text, doc, things like that go?

Good boy :)

Not at all! You have more supported file types, so that means there'll be even more files that need to be organised :)

Into a .txt album, or a .doc album which is then split up into sub-albums, for personal files and work files.

J0SH
31-12-2008, 05:56 AM
Oh right :D

Dentafrice
31-12-2008, 06:00 AM
If anything it won't be "albums" so to speak... More or less just folders/directories.

Trinity
31-12-2008, 06:05 AM
If anything it won't be "albums" so to speak... More or less just folders/directories.

That would suit the whole 'multiple file type' thing much better than albums.
Now, Caleb darling, what happened to SocialSigr?

Dentafrice
31-12-2008, 06:12 AM
That's on the sideburner at the moment.

I've already typed out my plans for the folders on my iPod Touch (I'm in bed haha).

Will continue working in the morning on this.

Folders should have "parent" folders:
bla
---- images
------ test.png

If you delete images then test.png goes. If you delete bla images does, and test.png goes also and so on.

Anyways, I'm prob going to sleep.

Trinity
31-12-2008, 06:14 AM
That's on the sideburner at the moment.

I've already typed out my plans for the folders on my iPod Touch (I'm in bed haha).

Will continue working in the morning on this.

Folders should have "parent" folders:
bla
---- images
------ test.png

If you delete images then test.png goes. If you delete bla images does, and test.png goes also and so on.

Anyways, I'm prob going to sleep.

Well then I'm banning you from working on AXE until SocialSigr is completed, sorry.
Ahhh showing off, I still haven't gotten around to buying my ipod touch :(
Good night Caleb darling.

Dentafrice
31-12-2008, 06:18 AM
Well I'm working in AXE before SS :)

(btw for anyone who cares, it's built ontop of CodeIgniter)

Yeah I got my iPod for Xmas. It really comes in handy (productivity and business wise, as well as the most obvious, enjoyment)

Trinity
31-12-2008, 06:28 AM
Well I'm working in AXE before SS :)

(btw for anyone who cares, it's built ontop of CodeIgniter)

Yeah I got my iPod for Xmas. It really comes in handy (productivity and business wise, as well as the most obvious, enjoyment)

What did I just say? How dare you disobey me!
And I thought you might be using CodeIgniter, you said in this thread (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=546759) that you were using it for a new version of TehUpload.
I was going to get mine before christmas, but I went and spent all my money, now I have more money they're out of stock everywhere :(

Dentafrice
31-12-2008, 06:32 AM
Agh I got mine for $208 on black Friday.

Yeah CI is amazing, makes things so much easier :)

Trinity
31-12-2008, 06:36 AM

I should hopefully be getting a 32gb 2G for £215, gotta love staff discount :)
I'm looking into CI now, but I've never really gotten into frameworks.

Dentafrice
31-12-2008, 06:44 AM
I never have either until now, now I wonder how I lived without it. Anyways, night.

Hopefully there will be some good replies to wake up to.

Trinity
31-12-2008, 06:52 AM
I never have either until now, now I wonder how I lived without it. Anyways, night.

Hopefully there will be some good replies to wake up to.

I still can't see myself using CI, or any framework for that matter, they still seem too restricting.

And are my replies not good enough for you? I'm offended :(
Good night anyway, again :)

Dentafrice
31-12-2008, 06:57 AM
Yes your replies are amazing dear :)

I thought CI would be restrictive too, but it's not at all... You don't have to use hardly anything it provides. I've fell in love with it ^_^

Trinity
31-12-2008, 07:09 AM
Yes your replies are amazing dear :)

I thought CI would be restrictive too, but it's not at all... You don't have to use hardly anything it provides. I've fell in love with it ^_^

Thank you :)
That's another thing I don't like about frameworks, most of the code just won't get used so I don't see the point of using it when I only want a small portion of the code.
Ah well, time to grab some more coffee and read a lovely long blog post about CI vs. CakePHP.

Mistajam
31-12-2008, 01:00 PM

Yeah, I was using CI on a project with an old bud, for Sapulce, we never finished due to our lack of effort, CI was just to easy to use and made us really lazy.

Thank you :)
That's another thing I don't like about frameworks, most of the code just won't get used so I don't see the point of using it when I only want a small portion of the code.
Ah well, time to grab some more coffee and read a lovely long blog post about CI vs. CakePHP.

CI will always beat CakePHP, tbh.

Good luck with AXE I like the idea of the filetype's being broken down into seperate folders, especially if your like me and start uploading more and more, it's a job to find everything! Creating sub folders will also come in handy me thinks, especially for those who work on projects to have everything together is a bonus.

Good luck :)

Imosae
31-12-2008, 01:01 PM
Looks really nice it's better than TehUpload

Dentafrice
31-12-2008, 02:33 PM
Yeah, I was using CI on a project with an old bud, for Sapulce, we never finished due to our lack of effort, CI was just to easy to use and made us really lazy.

CI will always beat CakePHP, tbh.

Good luck with AXE I like the idea of the filetype's being broken down into seperate folders, especially if your like me and start uploading more and more, it's a job to find everything! Creating sub folders will also come in handy me thinks, especially for those who work on projects to have everything together is a bonus.

Good luck :)

I'm not sure if it will be exactly 'broken up into different folders for filetypes', but if you want to break them up that way, it's your choice :)

In default, everything will be uploaded into a 'main' folder, which is sort of like your / directory.

Then you can create folders from there, etc.

Mistajam
31-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Sounds good.

RyanDOT
31-12-2008, 02:48 PM
Can't wait for the site to be released.
I use it as well with TehUpload

Fehm
02-01-2009, 02:01 PM
I think the back up features a rerli nice idea :)

Pazza
02-01-2009, 07:33 PM
Love the backup feature!

Dentafrice
02-01-2009, 07:41 PM
I just got done, after three days of sitting here working, troubleshooting, and trying to figure this out.. I have the 'folderized' backup feature to work.

Web Folders:

http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/app-101079086224686618.png

You click backup, zip is generated..

http://www.tehupload.com/uploads/app-476940055135220618.png

Same directory structure and everything :)

Can even backup certain folders.. like documents.. and make a zip of them.

Pyroka
02-01-2009, 08:01 PM
I dare you to integrate a unzipping tool on the thing, it can be coded in PHP and would be very cool. :P

Dentafrice
02-01-2009, 08:18 PM
Not yet! :P It was tough enough with the stupid 'virtual folders', getting them to work.

^_^. I still have to tweak things.

Moh
02-01-2009, 08:24 PM
Is AXE not already trademarked?

Pyroka
02-01-2009, 08:25 PM
Jack, AXE isn't the name of the product, its the name of the project which is in development. The product will have a different name as Caleb said. :)

Omg virtual folders thats fit.

Moh
02-01-2009, 08:26 PM
Jack, AXE isn't the name of the product, its the name of the project which is in development. The product will have a different name as Caleb said. :)

Ok, I only looked at the pictures :(

Pyroka
02-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Ok, I only looked at the pictures :(

Dont worry lol, you've got enough to worry about living in Hull. :P

Moh
02-01-2009, 08:33 PM
Why, you moving to Hull?

ot.

So it this pretty much the same as TehUpload, just faster?

Pyroka
02-01-2009, 08:35 PM
And you can upload more than just image and audio files. :P

Jackboy
02-01-2009, 08:38 PM

Lmao! They say Hull is the worst place to live in the UK don't they haha.

Also Caleb it's looking rly good.

jackass
02-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Lol, why did you use a name of a deodrant and it's logo for the codename etc.? :P

But yeah, looks and sounds good. I'm looking forward to it. :)

Pyroka
02-01-2009, 08:42 PM

The relatives of the people who went to Hull said that... If you get me. xD

Moh
02-01-2009, 09:14 PM

All because it has one of the least amount of students studying level 4 and has a high rate of unemployment.

Which, I think is a stupid way to rate an area.

Oh well, the good thing with having a low amount of students studying at level 4 is, we get a lot of funding for our college (We have a well equipped college and decent tutors), and our off stead is one of the highest in the country.

So suck that.

Dentafrice
03-01-2009, 01:01 AM
Is AXE not already trademarked?

Codename mate ^_^.

Yes. it is fit.

Why, you moving to Hull?

ot.

So it this pretty much the same as TehUpload, just faster?

Quite a bit more features here ^_^.

Lol, why did you use a name of a deodrant and it's logo for the codename etc.? :P

But yeah, looks and sounds good. I'm looking forward to it. :)

Cause it was sitting on my desk, so I was like 'yh **** it, imma name it axe bruv' :D

Jaysun
03-01-2009, 02:23 AM
Good luck with the site it looks like it's going to be a successful one. Oh and also can you add some more colour to this image hosting service. I love tehupload(bookmarked =]) but the site looks a little dull to me.

Jackboy
03-01-2009, 06:48 PM
All because it has one of the least amount of students studying level 4 and has a high rate of unemployment.

Which, I think is a stupid way to rate an area.

Oh well, the good thing with having a low amount of students studying at level 4 is, we get a lot of funding for our college (We have a well equipped college and decent tutors), and our off stead is one of the highest in the country.

So suck that.

Na apparantly 1 in 2 people live in bins/skips according to BBC research.

Also Caleb, will you be doing another API for axe :P

Dentafrice
03-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Yes, this API should be a better one ;)

Just installed it on it's new server :]

http://u.dopaul.com/new.png (http://i.dopaul.com/share/27)

Jackboy
03-01-2009, 07:43 PM
The folders thing work ajax like? Click folder + loads images yeh ?

Dentafrice
03-01-2009, 08:04 PM
Nope. It's not AJAX. You click the folder, and it goes into the next one, and loads the files at the bottom.

Imosae
03-01-2009, 08:10 PM
Cool, Have you got a date on when it's opening ?

Dentafrice
03-01-2009, 08:12 PM
Cool, Have you got a date on when it's opening ?
Nope not yet :)

I'm making a demo video now to demonstrate a few things.

Jackboy
03-01-2009, 08:37 PM
Nope. It's not AJAX. You click the folder, and it goes into the next one, and loads the files at the bottom.

meh. ajax wud be nice :P

Dentafrice
03-01-2009, 08:41 PM
meh. ajax wud be nice :P
Eh, it goes fast without AJAX.

http://screencast.com/t/5gq9UAjni

There's a little video demo of how things work.

Jaysun
03-01-2009, 09:01 PM
I am looking forward to the release of this website so badly. =P

Dentafrice
03-01-2009, 09:08 PM
I am looking forward to the release of this website so badly. =P
Why is that? ^_^.

Jaysun
03-01-2009, 09:33 PM
Why is that? ^_^.

Well mainly because of the backup feature. Also you can choose to have your files locked right?

Dentafrice
03-01-2009, 09:35 PM
What do you mean by 'your files locked'?

Decode
03-01-2009, 09:36 PM
Nope not yet :)

I'm making a demo video now to demonstrate a few things.

You do know that its very easy to find the demo site.

Dentafrice
03-01-2009, 09:38 PM
You do know that its very easy to find the demo site.
Yeah ^_^. Which demo site though? PM me the one you found.

Decode
03-01-2009, 09:49 PM
Yeah ^_^. Which demo site though? PM me the one you found.

PM'd. You embedded an image in the Post your desktop thread which had the url in.

Dentafrice
03-01-2009, 09:55 PM
Ah yeah, I'm starting to embed more also ^_^.

kk.
03-01-2009, 10:11 PM
lol, loving the video that youve made. All the errors and the :O's add some comedic value

Dentafrice
03-01-2009, 10:14 PM
lol, loving the video that youve made. All the errors and the :O's add some comedic value
haha what errors? :P

Jaysun
03-01-2009, 10:23 PM
What do you mean by 'your files locked'?

I mean like if I create a folder will the user be able to put a combination on it incase someone gains access to their account.

Dentafrice
03-01-2009, 10:24 PM
Nope. I wasn't planning on that. There are public/private folders.. but there won't be a combination on it.

It shouldn't be used for hosting extremely sensitive files (like all your passwords), that's just stupid :P

kk.
03-01-2009, 10:24 PM
typos :P
i forgot to ask, is the layout changing?

Dentafrice
03-01-2009, 10:25 PM
Oh yeah I type quite fast ^_^. Make a lot of mistakes.. heh. Funny to catch it on video.

Dentafrice
03-01-2009, 11:28 PM
typos :P
i forgot to ask, is the layout changing?
Didn't see you edit your post.. yeah it should be changing ^_^. Hopefully.

I might invite a few users to try it out soon.

Fighters
04-01-2009, 02:51 AM
this looks amazing - a LOT of cool features! (please make it so you dont have to sign up to upload (: )

Dentafrice
04-01-2009, 07:02 PM
this looks amazing - a LOT of cool features! (please make it so you dont have to sign up to upload (: )
If you want to be able to manage your files, and store them, and back them up.. and most of the features that I have mentioned in this thread.. then yes, you will need to sign up.

Otherwise, it just host's the file, and it cannot be removed/deleted.. nor any actions attributed with it.

Calon
05-01-2009, 04:59 PM
A built in service like pastebin would be useful

Dentafrice
05-01-2009, 09:09 PM
On a file hosting site? Why? :P

GoldenMerc
05-01-2009, 09:16 PM
I've played with it, it uses my uploader cos my php skills rock (joke)
Anyways it looks fresh, unique and usable so i cannot wait :)

Dentafrice
05-01-2009, 09:22 PM
You've not seen it since I've last updated it have you? If not msg me on MSN and I'll invite you to the new one.

Calon
06-01-2009, 08:00 AM
On a file hosting site? Why? :P
Can you view the contents of the text files without having to download them?

May I have an invite please? *angel smiley*

J0SH
07-01-2009, 02:19 PM
Do you fancy inviting me? ;) I'm the [email protected] on your list :)

By the way, what's happening with SocialSigr, it was doing well even though it was only in beta stages.

Turbocom
07-01-2009, 03:13 PM
you should post a live demo for HXF users.

Dentafrice
07-01-2009, 09:04 PM
I'll think of it. I need to do some more work on it today, get my mind back in order. :]

Describe
07-01-2009, 10:17 PM
Looks good Caleb, can't wait.

I'm guessing you got the idea for the font from AXE bodysprays? :)

Dentafrice
08-01-2009, 12:12 AM
Looks good Caleb, can't wait.

I'm guessing you got the idea for the font from AXE bodysprays? :)

Nope not at all. I just copied the logo. That's theirs ^_^.

Calon
08-01-2009, 01:13 AM
http://dopaul.net/
http://dopaul.com/

Looking good, nothing like the LXAdmin default page. :8

Pyroka
08-01-2009, 01:18 AM
Just a question Caleb, when AXE does come out are you planning to move the images stored on TehUpload, onto AXE or will they stay on TehUpload? Just curious as to which direction TehUpload is going since I really like it. :P

Dentafrice
08-01-2009, 02:06 AM
Just a question Caleb, when AXE does come out are you planning to move the images stored on TehUpload, onto AXE or will they stay on TehUpload? Just curious as to which direction TehUpload is going since I really like it. :P
TehUpload will probably stay open.. if I do decide to move on from TehUpload, the images stored on TehUpload will be moved to 'AXE', and all image links from TehUpload will be re-directed to AXE.

CANNIBALEX
09-01-2009, 09:12 PM
I know it's not going to be called AXE but how come you chose to even use the font for AXE (as in the European lynx deodorant)

Calon
09-01-2009, 09:32 PM
I know it's not going to be called AXE but how come you chose to even use the font for AXE (as in the European lynx deodorant)
It's a space filler isn't it..

Flisker
10-01-2009, 01:01 AM
The name Lynx is only UK. AXE is the name used all over the world except UK.

Can't wait this new project of yours Caleb :) I know the new address haha :D but my user has been deleted :P

Dentafrice
10-01-2009, 02:36 AM

Because.. I was sitting at my desk working, and was trying to think of a simple name to call the project, and I looked around my desk and saw a bottle of AXE, and just called it that.. then Google'd the logo and added it.

That simple.

The name Lynx is only UK. AXE is the name used all over the world except UK.

Can't wait this new project of yours Caleb :) I know the new address haha :D but my user has been deleted :P

Drop me an e-mail at [email protected] with your mailing e-mail address, and I'll create you a new user, this'll also help remind me ;P

CANNIBALEX
10-01-2009, 12:07 PM
Alright, just wandered what triggered it in your mind :P

Dentafrice
10-01-2009, 03:04 PM
http://dopaul.net/
http://dopaul.com/

Looking good, nothing like the LXAdmin default page. :8

I know ;) The site is hidden on there though.

Dentafrice
13-01-2009, 12:20 PM
Hmm...

Few previews..

New file view..

http://u.dopaul.com/app_38615119972115403.png

http://u.dopaul.com/app_22189417337745740.png

NitromeGamer
13-01-2009, 04:12 PM
looking good :)

You should put how many images are in the folders though.
And minimize/maximize buttons for the windows (like on the folders view, and the files view)

H4CKER
13-01-2009, 04:17 PM
www.i.dopaul.com (http://www.i.dopaul.com) , It looks even better in the flesh, Great work Caleb Looking great

Dentafrice
13-01-2009, 06:27 PM
What do you mean minimize maximize buttons for the windows?

It's not just images in the folders by the way ;) Files.

NitromeGamer
13-01-2009, 06:30 PM
What do you mean minimize maximize buttons for the windows?

It's not just images in the folders by the way ;) Files.

Ok, the amount of files.

And like on the forum home, in the top-right of each catagory you can maximize/minimize the catagory, also when psoting you can do it to the "aditional options"

Dentafrice
13-01-2009, 06:33 PM
Why would you want to minimize and maximize the boxes though? I think that's just some useless Javascript on that page.. because you'll most likely need to see the folders and files view.

NitromeGamer
13-01-2009, 06:45 PM
Why would you want to minimize and maximize the boxes though? I think that's just some useless Javascript on that page.. because you'll most likely need to see the folders and files view.

For page size, i just find it a nifty feature to be able to use.

And does that desktop thing really work? It looks awsome! :eusa_clap

Dentafrice
13-01-2009, 06:54 PM
Yeah.. it's always worked. It's the TehUpload Application, being rebranded and some features recoded.

http://www.tehupload.com/extra.php -> Links to Download.com page.

NitromeGamer
13-01-2009, 07:02 PM
Yeah.. it's always worked. It's the TehUpload Application, being rebranded and some features recoded.

http://www.tehupload.com/extra.php -> Links to Download.com page.

fails
"unable to open ':\files\tehupload_app.exe'."

Dentafrice
13-01-2009, 07:08 PM
TehUpload doesn't have any files named tehupload_app.exe..

NitromeGamer
13-01-2009, 07:11 PM
TehUpload doesn't have any files named tehupload_app.exe..

Sorry, it was "tehupload.exe", not "tehupload_app.exe

Dentafrice
13-01-2009, 07:36 PM
UAC is probably on.

Anyways
-----------------------

Just added a breadcrumb to the folder view..

http://u.dopaul.com/app_888277475293454819.png (http://www.dopaul.com)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!