PDA

View Full Version : Can't get Blu-Ray to work correctly on VAIO or TV

Jam
31-12-2008, 03:42 PM
Quoted from my post on TechGuyForums

I rented 3 Blu-Ray's today thinking that my Sony VAIO FZ38M would play them, and via HDMI output on the Laptop, watch them on my Samsung HD TV. But, I was wrong. I put The Dark Knight into the tray and after whirring for about a minute I got the usual Warner Bros, which seemed a bit jumpy, but I ignored it, the film started and by god I was/am appauled. The framerate is terrible, especially for 'amazing quality picture'. So then I thought that I'l hook it up to the TV and see what I get, and plugged my HDMI (the one from the Xbox 360 Elite package) cable into the Laptop, hit play and recieved this message: "Your display enviroment does not support protected content playback." My display enviroment? What watching a film in Blu-Ray using the laptops features. So I'm supposed to pay for everything (£850 for the Laptop) and get nothing whereas (without sounding like a jerk) getting some low-end brand laptop and illegally downloading the film and actually to viewally getting to view the film.

Sony will recieve an email about this because I refuse to buy a Blu-Ray disc player to "watch movies on" and then not be able to.

James.

PS. Any help would be appreciated

Moved by MattGarner (Forum Super Moderator): From: Technology Discussion, Please post in the correct section next time. Thanks

Recursion
31-12-2008, 03:45 PM
The Television doesn't support HDCP content encryption by the sound of it, which generally you do need.

It is in no way the laptop's fault. By the way, if you want to watch them on the laptop you need to install some Blu-Ray compatible software and update your drivers.

Jam
31-12-2008, 03:46 PM
I have InterVideo WinDVD BD for Vaio pre-installed.

Recursion
31-12-2008, 03:52 PM
Update the drivers, but you need a new TV because it obviously doesn't support the content encryption 90% of Blu-Ray movies use.

IMO its better pirating, if you pay for anything you get bogged down with anti-piracy crap that suggests your a criminal

Nick.
31-12-2008, 04:01 PM
Update the drivers, but you need a new TV because it obviously doesn't support the content encryption 90% of Blu-Ray movies use.

IMO its better pirating, if you pay for anything you get bogged down with anti-piracy crap that suggests your a criminal
I know... it's so annoying. Maybe if people who paid for films didn't feel this way (like they are a criminal) and there weren't 30minutes of unskippable pirating ads, maybe it would bring pirating down a little bit, especially if they cut the price.

Hayd93
31-12-2008, 04:03 PM
I know... it's so annoying. Maybe if people who paid for films didn't feel this way (like they are a criminal) and there weren't 30minutes of unskippable pirating ads, maybe it would bring pirating down a little bit, especially if they cut the price.

The one that annoys me the most is in the cinema. I pay for my ticket so i dont expect 40 minutes of crap i just wanna watch the bloody film.

Recursion
31-12-2008, 04:23 PM
That advert where it goes "You wouldn't steal a car... blah blah" is the one that pisses me off the most. -_-

DaveTaylor
31-12-2008, 04:25 PM
download AnyDVD HD it removes the HDCP on the The Dark Knight DVD it should then work proper.

Technologic
31-12-2008, 04:57 PM
That advert where it goes "You wouldn't steal a car... blah blah" is the one that pisses me off the most. -_-

YOU WOULDN'T DOWNLOAD A CAR

But yeah, it is annoying

scottish
31-12-2008, 05:12 PM
You wouldn't steal a car; you wouldn't steal a purse, you wouldn't steal a cellphone; you wouldn't steal a movie... buying pirated movies is stealing; stealing is against the law. Piracy. It's a crime.

timROGERS
31-12-2008, 05:17 PM
The low framerate suggests that the hardware in the laptop is probably not capable of playing blu-rays - this is why low-end laptops with Blu-ray drivers are so pointless :(

DaveTaylor
31-12-2008, 05:17 PM
You wouldn't steal a car; you wouldn't steal a purse, you wouldn't steal a cellphone; you wouldn't steal a movie... buying pirated movies is stealing; stealing is against the law. Piracy. It's a crime.

you need to get out more...

scottish
31-12-2008, 05:29 PM
Youtube ftw.

Jam
31-12-2008, 06:38 PM
The low framerate suggests that the hardware in the laptop is probably not capable of playing blu-rays - this is why low-end laptops with Blu-ray drivers are so pointless :(

2.1GHz & 4GM RAM, should that play?

you need to get out more...

Wrong quote but anyways, that HDCP remover programme, does that do anything to the disc ask its rental and I dont want anything happening. Oh and will it do the same for Hancock and Iron Man?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!