PDA

View Full Version : Downloading Patches

Nereo
31-12-2008, 09:07 PM
Just installed WOW, downloading patches is taking FOREVER. I've heard you dont have to use the Blizzard Downloader and can get them from somewhere else, but as I have no idea what I'm doing, can anyone give me some advice? :P

Jord
31-12-2008, 09:08 PM
There a new patch?

Nemo
31-12-2008, 09:10 PM
www.wowwiki.com/patches

Go there, choose which patch. Its generally set as Patch x.c.k -> y.b.t

x.c.k = Patch you're on
y.b.t = The patch that you'll download.

Choose away

btw, the letters = numbers. so i could be 2.4.1 -> 3.0.1

Crimson
01-01-2009, 11:35 AM
Are they like... quicker than the blizzard installer thing?

Nereo
01-01-2009, 03:01 PM

I just downloaded a patch in about 30 minutes that would have taken 5 hours on the Blizzard Downloader :P

Nemo
01-01-2009, 09:22 PM
The blizzard installer is a torrent, it means it doesnt have a stable connection and wont download fast all the time. Those downloads are direct downloads, so the download speed will always be the same (unless somethin happens with ur connection meaning it goes lower). So i find the wowwiki ones better

Crimson
03-01-2009, 08:54 AM
LOL

I'll remember that when I replace my comp, usually I have to leave the computer on all day and night for the patches to install.

Chimei
03-01-2009, 09:24 PM
LOL

I'll remember that when I replace my comp, usually I have to leave the computer on all day and night for the patches to install.

Yeah my computer is totally messed up atm, wont boot up and halfway through me soloing onyxia it froze - which lead to this problem! So I am deffo going to use the patches off there if have to reinstall windows - can't make out what the indian support staff are saying so it takes a while -.-. Anyone recommend a fast and clean download?

Bailey
04-01-2009, 01:23 PM
Yeah my computer is totally messed up atm, wont boot up and halfway through me soloing onyxia it froze - which lead to this problem! So I am deffo going to use the patches off there if have to reinstall windows - can't make out what the indian support staff are saying so it takes a while -.-. Anyone recommend a fast and clean download?

If you install WoW and the expansions first it automatically downloads the patches (Did for me on new laptop) so you only have to spend 20 minutes downloading the latest patch.

www.a.wirebrain.de/wow/ (http://www.a.wirebrain.de/wow/)

Best site for patches

Chimei
05-01-2009, 10:48 AM
If you install WoW and the expansions first it automatically downloads the patches (Did for me on new laptop) so you only have to spend 20 minutes downloading the latest patch.

www.a.wirebrain.de/wow/ (http://www.a.wirebrain.de/wow/)

Best site for patches

Thanks bai :P

If you're wondering why I'm on this then check my 'main' hxf acount :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!