PDA

View Full Version : De-grading my Windows Vista

OhLiam
01-01-2009, 03:29 PM
I recently bought a new laptop and it came with Windows Home Premium installed but I hate it, the thing that I hate most is the speed of it.

I'm wondering how do I de-grade it to windows XP, (I don't want to download the beta test of windows 7).

If you could help it would be much appreciated..

Thanks,

Jamesy
01-01-2009, 03:33 PM
You would get a windows XP disc, backup your data (if you want) and then format over Vista and install XP.

make sure you have all the drivers you need as you might end up with no internet adapter or something.

Robbie
01-01-2009, 03:33 PM
XP Disc. Put it in. Restart PC. Format. Install.

OhLiam
01-01-2009, 03:35 PM
I'm not that good with Technical stuff xD, where would i find allthe drivers i would need?

Jamesy
01-01-2009, 03:43 PM
Get to device manager and find things like network adapters, display adapters. Not sure how you would in Vista - not used it in months.

Hitman
01-01-2009, 03:47 PM
There are certain programs that allow you to backup drivers and then reinstall them afterwards. Search google for "driver backup software".

So, you'll want to backup your drivers (onto a pen drive or something), put the XP disc in (and load it on boot), go through the installation, once it's done reinstall the drivers.

Recursion
01-01-2009, 04:49 PM
If you have had Vista under a week then use it for a week and see if it improves, the first week is very slow for Vista because its tweaking it self etc

Hitman
01-01-2009, 05:00 PM
If you have had Vista under a week then use it for a week and see if it improves, the first week is very slow for Vista because its tweaking it self etc
Really? I never knew that... I've had mine for about 3 days now and it's fast but I reckon that's because of the CPU and RAM... can I possibly expect it to get faster?

I'm pleased with Vista, much nicer than I thought it was going to be like.

Flisker
01-01-2009, 05:06 PM
I recently bought a new laptop and it came with Windows Home Premium installed but I hate it, the thing that I hate most is the speed of it.

I'm wondering how do I de-grade it to windows XP, (I don't want to download the beta test of windows 7).

If you could help it would be much appreciated..

Thanks,

Be careful if you down downgrade... some laptop makes don't supply XP drivers for a laptop which shipped with Vista.

Robbie
01-01-2009, 05:07 PM
As I found out with my GFX drivers :@

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!