PDA

View Full Version : How to speak 'properly' on Habbo. [Joe]

Rsct
01-01-2009, 08:06 PM
Hmm, if your reading this - you probably want to start talking with good grammar on Habbo. (Or you could just be terribly bored)
If your thinking: "****, its just a friggen' chatroom" you can just.. not read this Thread? But I'm going to make a point here. :]

Okay - Three qaurters of Habbo UK speak like this:
"hi do u want 2 go 2 th lido 5 mins" or "lol u r funny" - hopefully you get my point this kinda' stuff is called 'Internet Slang' and used to be cool until it became mega-boring. If you want to speak with good grammar - and actually get a proper life on Habbo, its best to speak like this -
"Hi, do you want to go to the Lido in 5 minutes?" or "Lol, you're funny!"
Its a bit like writing a story in school, you use punctuation and good spelling, so get higher marks. But in this view - higher respect.
If you get what I mean, if you write a comment - use good grammar. :]

-JoeAkaRsct

Zak
02-01-2009, 12:28 PM
Hmm, if your reading this - you probably want to start talking with good grammar on Habbo. (Or you could just be terribly bored)
If your thinking: "****, its just a friggen' chatroom" you can just.. not read this Thread? But I'm going to make a point here. :]

"hi do u want 2 go 2 th lido 5 mins" or "lol u r funny" - hopefully you get my point this kinda' stuff is called 'Internet Slang' and used to be cool until it became mega-boring. If you want to speak with good grammar - and actually get a proper life on Habbo, its best to speak like this -
Its a bit like writing a story in school, you use punctuation and good spelling, so get higher marks. But in this view - higher respect.

-JoeAkaRsct

dno wa u mean m8

at least u spelt gramma rite every1 spells it lyk grammerrrrrrr

safe

shizzle
02-01-2009, 12:32 PM

-JoeAkaRsct
diz fred faild kk, ma grammaer is verty good to be honost.

Pyroka
02-01-2009, 12:34 PM
Yeah summing this thread up, speaking on the internet or even typing a paragraph which makes sense, requires good grammar. Theyre failing English if they can't do grammar.

Immenseman
02-01-2009, 12:34 PM
People can speak how they wish. On Habbo, I tend to use correct spelling etc I just don't tend to bother with capital letters, full stops etc.

17-jamie-17
02-01-2009, 03:30 PM
yeah i use propa gramma ennit

Juelz
02-01-2009, 03:40 PM
some people can't always be bothered to use proper grammar, especially on habbo. i don't care how people write, as long as i can understand it lol.

some people can't always be bothered to use proper grammar, especially on habbo. i don't care how people write, as long as i can understand it lol.

edit; sorry double post.

Edited by mlp16 (Forum Moderator): Threads merged due to forum lag.

Roughage
02-01-2009, 03:46 PM
well, im on the laptop in bed alot of tyms and i only use uncorrect grammar to some words i cbf to type correct on, like long words etc.

Ardemax
02-01-2009, 06:16 PM
yh ennit im folowin da crowd n tlkin lyk dis lul

erm, ok, we've expressed the need to talk like that in this thread, likes reply normally! :$

ok, good luck getting everyone on your side *pats on back, then walks away*.

AgnesIO
02-01-2009, 06:22 PM
I h8 hw peepz tlk witot gud gramma.

---

Anyway on habbo i normally talk like this

Hitman
02-01-2009, 06:45 PM
"and actually get a proper life on Habbo"

Bahaha!

wl sorry ma life int propa ion happy habbo its inpropa

winner
03-01-2009, 12:32 AM

-JoeAkaRsct
wrong wrong wrong!!!

Malachy
03-01-2009, 12:34 AM
**** off.

Con
03-01-2009, 02:01 AM
Lol.
I normally speak with 'prefect grammar'.
Unless I'm rushing/saying something like "AMGZ LK WOT I JUS FOUNDDDDDD"
But then I don't really play Habbo anymore :P

minun200
03-01-2009, 10:59 AM
I'm used to typing like I'm writing an essay because, I'm used to typing quickly.
Some people might rush when they type so it's easier just to break the words down...
So far though, I've never seen any other Habbo (apart from my one) speak formal English on Habbo...

Con
03-01-2009, 12:07 PM
I'm used to typing like I'm writing an essay because, I'm used to typing quickly.
Some people might rush when they type so it's easier just to break the words down...
So far though, I've never seen any other Habbo (apart from my one) speak formal English on Habbo...
Can't have looked far then? :P
Most of the people that I know from Habbo or go on Habbo to see, Speak with full grammar/spelling.

lPinoy
03-01-2009, 01:18 PM

-JoeAkaRsct

I don't see your point.
You spelt quarter wrong -tut.

efq
03-01-2009, 01:19 PM

-JoeAkaRsct
Nice grammar yourself!

It’s an online game for many ages; 13 year olds don't have to speak with correct grammar ok?

myke
03-01-2009, 01:19 PM
I use 'lol kk u r well funny' when I'm joking, otherwise I use english language.

Kardan
03-01-2009, 01:23 PM
dis used 2 b well kl, but now dis iz mega-boringgg.

In case you didn't notice, the majority of Habbo doesn't use this forum and your thread is likely to have no difference.

Shinigami
03-01-2009, 01:23 PM
as long as no one types like HeY ShExiixox=] or Hi How Are You I Like To Use Caps For No Friggin Reason then im happy

MissAlice
03-01-2009, 01:43 PM
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!

BowTies1
03-01-2009, 02:00 PM
get a grip man its a chatroom its not an english exam room aslong as its understandable its fine

mk
03-01-2009, 02:02 PM
well i talk however i wan depending on wether i can be bothered or not
basicly its only a game lol when people tell you to talk properly its just ** like its gona get you anywhere irl?!?!?!

so ya tolk like diz!!

myke
03-01-2009, 02:04 PM

pls dnt post off topic xoxox

what does that mean?: S

brandon
03-01-2009, 02:04 PM

-JoeAkaRsct
Yeah I agree. The main things that annoy me about Habbo spelling and grammar is when people say your instead of you're and qaurters instead of quarters. That really grinds my gears.

amen
03-01-2009, 02:11 PM

You're joking, right?

brandon
03-01-2009, 02:16 PM

We shouldn't complain about others if we are as bad as they are

Ardemax
03-01-2009, 05:54 PM

ouch, there goes the super mod!

It means don't get other people down when you aren't exactly perfect.

EDIT: ewww brandon, obv. reading my mind 3 hours early :/

santa
03-01-2009, 06:43 PM
omg i no its well bad if u talk unproper den u well need beatins mate

Rixion
03-01-2009, 06:54 PM
i use proper grammar and caps and stuff when i can be bothered

which is obviously not now..

03-01-2009, 07:33 PM
I think the majority of habbos know how to speak it proper english, but they choose not to on the internet, becuase of:
1 - theres nobody to impress
2 - its a lot easier.

nicool
03-01-2009, 07:55 PM
i just type however on habbo, if i cba to type properly i will but ill normally just cut it down cause im lazy.

also i lolled at this;

and actually get a proper life on Habbo
not in a bad way. just in the context.

Kyle
03-01-2009, 09:23 PM
Nobody thinks it's cool to type in slang, people just find it easier and faster... If you're telling me that if you're texting somebody that you're using correct grammar all the way through... You are wasting your time - The same applies to Habbo............................................. ........... So long as people can understand it, who cares if "correct grammar" isnt used, ITS A GAME.

I never ask people to go to the lido, it's boring in there, the pool is always infested with aids... Even if I did want someone to go to the lido with me, I'd ask them to go right now not in 5 mins :S

Anyways, your guide is stupid, telling us we can get higher respect and have a "proper life on habbo"... How about you get a "proper life" and stop telling use what we should and should not do. :$

missalice owned u

hoozy.02
03-01-2009, 09:51 PM

-JoeAkaRsct

You know that by trying to use varied punctuation in that paragraph, you've actually made a lot of grammatical mistakes. But I totally agree that people should stop actin lyk teh nubz!1!

ElliottThompson
04-01-2009, 01:44 AM
Grammar is structuring your sentence's and thus has nothing to do with how you spell your words, I use internet speech on habbo to get my speech across fast, no other reason, and ive never looked it at cool and i laugh at people who actually complain at people because they think those think they are cool for doing it because that's not true at all, use some sense. My grammar is perfect, my spelling is not, for a good reason.

Falcon
04-01-2009, 04:17 AM
oh christ.

tdi
04-01-2009, 04:37 AM
i think 'getting a proper life' on habbo is irrelevant as habbo is crap.

Clownin
04-01-2009, 10:58 AM
Why the **** do you care how people write, aslong as you can read it then your sorted. Stop being so drastic, remember its a chat room for teenagers, NOT A DISCUSSION ROOM FOR SCIENCE GEEKS

Ardemax
04-01-2009, 11:20 AM
getting a proper life?

its a virtual game :S

Immenseman
04-01-2009, 11:56 AM
Grammar is structuring your sentence's and thus has nothing to do with how you spell your words, I use internet speech on habbo to get my speech across fast, no other reason, and ive never looked it at cool and i laugh at people who actually complain at people because they think those think they are cool for doing it because that's not true at all, use some sense. My grammar is perfect, my spelling is not, for a good reason.

L-M-A-O IRL AT YOUR SIG.

MrGazet
04-01-2009, 01:49 PM
I dnt see the point in talking "properly" on habbo or online.come on dnt tell me u txt with perfect grammar and punctuations.As long peeps can understand u then its alrite.and seriously wot r u talkin bout "proper habbo life" . it's just virtual fgs

L5x.
04-01-2009, 01:52 PM
This is silly (: Probably about 70% of Habbo 'don't speak properly'. It isn't a big deal so why make a fuss. If people can't be bothered to type a few extra letters then why complain?

flatface
04-01-2009, 02:18 PM
This thread is so sad, your point failed!!

Ardemax
04-01-2009, 02:49 PM
This thread is so sad, your point failed!!

His point doesn't fail? It's the fact nobody will take a blind notice.

Nemo
04-01-2009, 02:50 PM
His point is that he wants people to speak properly and take notice of this thread so that they will.

People don't notice
=
Point failed.

He was right, his point did fail.

flatface
04-01-2009, 02:53 PM

Looks like it did to me :rolleyes:

Ardemax
04-01-2009, 05:45 PM
Looks like it did to me :rolleyes:

that's what we call an opinion :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nemo
04-01-2009, 05:46 PM
that's what we call an opinion :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes:
It's a fact. His point failed. Fact.

Loser
04-01-2009, 05:48 PM

-JoeAkaRsct

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/thirdimpact/DoucheBagmotivator.jpg

Ardemax
04-01-2009, 06:14 PM
It's a fact. His point failed. Fact.

He had many points, im talking about the fact that people do speak like that on habbo, not stopping them kthnx? :rolleyes:

L5x.
04-01-2009, 06:22 PM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/thirdimpact/DoucheBagmotivator.jpg

someone call the fashion police pleaaase.

this threads might be fail in some peoples eyes and a win in others.

Okeanos
05-01-2009, 01:20 PM
Somebody may already have posted what im about to, but i took the liberty of correcting your post. It's a bit silly making a thread on the topic of good grammar when you cant even type a coherent sentence.

I've corrected it as best i can, but so much of it didn't make sense in the first place it still is questionable.

-JoeAkaRsct

If you're reading this you probably want to start using good grammar on Habbo, or you could just be terribly bored! If you're thinking "****, its just a friggen' chat room" you don't have to read this thread. I'm going to make a point here. :]

Three quarters of Habbo UK users type like this: "hi do u want 2 go 2 th lido 5 mins" or "lol u r funny." Hopefully you get my point; this kind of stuff is called 'Internet Slang' which used to be cool until it became mega-boring. If you want to use good grammar, and actually get a proper life on Habbo its best to type like this: "Hi, do you want to go too the Lido in 5 minutes?" or "Lol, you're funny!"

It's a bit like writing a story in school, you use punctuation and good spelling to get better marks. In this case, respect.

- JoeAkaRsct

minun200
05-01-2009, 05:54 PM
You can't force people into speaking on Habbo with 'good grammar'. It's the person's choice on how they speak. As long as you can understand what they are saying, there is no need for going hectic about their grammar.
Habbo is a hang out for teenagers, a place to relax. Teenagers already have a tough life as it is without having to write in full sentences when they are talking to their friends!

And that's the end of that chapter.

>.o

Ardemax
05-01-2009, 07:45 PM
You can't force people into speaking on Habbo with 'good grammar'. It's the person's choice on how they speak. As long as you can understand what they are saying, there is no need for going hectic about their grammar.
Habbo is a hang out for teenagers, a place to relax. Teenagers already have a tough life as it is without having to write in full sentences when they are talking to their friends!

And that's the end of that chapter.

>.o

some teens could be taught lessons how to use full sentences in class too *gigl

Okeanos
06-01-2009, 10:58 AM
I'd rather people dont use grammar at all if they're gonna use it incorrectly. Adding a comma after every other word and endless apostrophes isn't nice to read!

Hazza
06-01-2009, 12:44 PM
Even Habbo just don't write with proper grammer.

Ardemax
06-01-2009, 04:07 PM
Even Habbo just don't write with proper grammer.

good point

so how do they expect us?

Virgin Mary
07-01-2009, 12:35 AM
I'd rather people dont use grammar at all if they're gonna use it incorrectly. Adding a comma after every other word and endless apostrophes isn't nice to read!
i agree, better to be incorrect than hypercorrect like the pseudo-intellect freaks who insist on using "and I"

Ostinato
07-01-2009, 12:56 PM
People talk however they like and that's damn all to do with you mate.

A lot of people have the view that they aren't sitting in class sitting an English test, so they shorten things and make abbreviations for the ease of use factor.

If that's what they want to do then so be it, it's nothing to do with you how anyone persoanlly chooses to speak. So please do not make your big threads as though you have some sort of changing figure and actually have any right to tell folk the way to type.

At the end of the day if you don't like it then you know what to do, smartarse.

drumrolllll
07-01-2009, 01:51 PM
i always type properly with spelling and punctuation and that, i just don't usually use capital letters.

Immenseman
07-01-2009, 01:58 PM
Also, I don't think you can say that if you TYPE "properly" on Habbo you gain more respect, wth lol.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!