PDA

View Full Version : iPod Touch

Hurtone
01-01-2009, 08:09 PM
I don't know to get a iPod Touch but all my mates have one an i realy like them so I don't know what to do.

Whats your opinions on them and wheres the cheapest place to get one?

01-01-2009, 10:55 PM
I got one for christmas and its probably the best iPod out atm.
Even when your not playing music you can get games on it/chekc email/go on the net.
Its pretty awesome imo.
Not sure cheapest place cause I dont have same stores as you guys (im in america)

Jordy
01-01-2009, 11:02 PM
They're just a bit of novelty really and I can see why you like them cause they're touch-screen and it's new technology, it's cool how you swipe your finger to unlock it and surf the web with out a computer so easily but you're probably just a bit jealous and like them but don't really need one. They play music and videos just as good as anything else and the novelty of a touch-screen eventually wares off, the additional applications are nice and a little bit useful but you don't really need them, I mean you've lasted many years of your life with out needing them so I'd just stick with the MP3 player you've already got and wait it out a bit to see if you really want one or perhaps just a little jealous of your friends at the moment.

Cylinder
01-01-2009, 11:04 PM
They are good, bit pricey but you pay for what you get. I like mine, I don't use it as often anymore but I do use it. The touch screen at first was good, it's still okay but the novelty does wear of. It's a good touch screen though, not the crap ones you get on phones (LG Viewty for example).

Just a shame the memory is only small on them, 32 is alright but pricey.

Captain
01-01-2009, 11:31 PM
I got one for Christmas and I take it everywhere with me apart from the shower and the swimming baths for obvious reasons. Id suggest you get one if you can afford it you'll love it :)

Recursion
02-01-2009, 08:36 AM
They're just a bit of novelty really and I can see why you like them cause they're touch-screen and it's new technology, it's cool how you swipe your finger to unlock it and surf the web with out a computer so easily but you're probably just a bit jealous and like them but don't really need one. They play music and videos just as good as anything else and the novelty of a touch-screen eventually wares off, the additional applications are nice and a little bit useful but you don't really need them, I mean you've lasted many years of your life with out needing them so I'd just stick with the MP3 player you've already got and wait it out a bit to see if you really want one or perhaps just a little jealous of your friends at the moment.

I got one because my friend got one, and that was like 9 months ago :P

mb-group.net
02-01-2009, 11:34 AM
DO NOT get one until after MacWord 2009, which is on Tuesday. They may be releasing a new version of the iPod Touch, or even lowering prices (not likely but still possible).

If they bring out a new version (64gb maybe) i'd expect to see the prices of the current ones go down a little bit.

Back on topic - I have one and it is fantastic for checking support tickets on whilst im around the house, mine is Jail Broken and the extra apps and themes you can get via that method make the device even better! Unfortunately, you cannot Jailbreak the 2nd generation version.

Mickster
02-01-2009, 12:50 PM
I got one for christmas (1G for jailbreaking, of course) and I literally haven't put it down since.

Tim.
02-01-2009, 12:59 PM
Honeslty, I was going to get one, but it seemed like everyone else started getting them so not specifically special, but to be perfectly honest some of the games you can get on phones cheaper these days, you can get the music players and the Internet, well you need a wireless network to connect too.

Hurtone
02-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Im not jealous of my friend its just that i like them i saw one in the apple store and there just nice lol.

Plus, I got told like 2 hour ago you can play the games on there online.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!