PDA

View Full Version : I've got diabetes

Malachy
02-01-2009, 06:42 PM
I'm pritty scared about it. I did a test and went to the doctors a few hours ago on my own and now I'm gonna tell my mum. How frustrating ;l.

Zebroid
02-01-2009, 06:50 PM
I got diabetes when I was 5.
Don't worry about it, you'll be ok. It just gets really annoying at times, may I ask which type do you have, 1 or 2?

I have 1.

edit: and btw there's more than a million people in uk who have it not just the world and then another something thousand who have it but don't know.

:)

also, http://www.habbo.co.uk/groups/diabetes

Malachy
02-01-2009, 06:59 PM
I got diabetes when I was 5.
Don't worry about it, you'll be ok. It just gets really annoying at times, may I ask which type do you have, 1 or 2?

I have 1.

edit: and btw there's more than a million people in uk who have it not just the world and then another something thousand who have it but don't know.

:)
My sister has type 1, and I'm not actually sure the doctor just said I've got diabetes didn't say in full because he said he wanted my mum/dad to be with me when he gave me that information.

scottish
02-01-2009, 07:03 PM
whats the dif between them both btw?

Malachy
02-01-2009, 07:11 PM
I think that Type 1 you have to have injections and finger-*****s but Type 2 you only have tablets. I'm probably wrong.

lAscend
02-01-2009, 07:11 PM

Type 1

Type 1 diabetes develops if the body is unable to produce any insulin. This type of diabetes usually appears before the age of 40. Type 1 diabetes is the least common of the two main types and accounts for between 5 – 15% of all people with diabetes.
Type 2

Type 2 diabetes develops when the body can still make some insulin, but not enough, or when the insulin that is produced does not work properly (known as insulin resistance). In most cases this is linked with being overweight. This type of diabetes usually appears in people over the age of 40, though in South Asian and African-Caribbean people often appears after the age of 25. However, recently, more children are being diagnosed with the condition, some as young as seven. Type 2 diabetes is the most common of the two main types and accounts for between 85 - 95% of all people with diabetes.

http://www.diabetes.org.uk/Guide-to-diabetes/What_is_diabetes/What_is_diabetes/

Heres the information :)

illegal
02-01-2009, 09:36 PM
It's not the end off your life, but I can't understand how annoying it must be not to be able to find out if you have it or not, but obviously you do, but which type.

Soy
03-01-2009, 12:21 AM
That sucks, but think positive.. now your urine will taste nicer!

Anyway how did you get it? I'm guessing it's from genetics but always good to hear the story.

Malachy
03-01-2009, 12:26 AM
Well I don't really know - my mum was noticing that I was eating and drinking alot, aswell as going to the loo loads. Not really sure to be honest, my grandad has it aswell.

ToxicPaddy
08-01-2009, 11:47 PM
My sister has type 1 diabetes. If you're young, and you get diabetes, it will almost always be type 1. She deals with it with no trouble whatsoever, and is now part of daily life for her. She has 4 injections a day, and if anything does go wrong, everyone living in this house always knows what to do. Just eat sensibly, and it will be fine :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!