PDA

View Full Version : I want a forum :S

ertyy9
02-01-2009, 07:00 PM
Hello there!

I am looking to create my own Habbo Forum. I want one which comes with a sort of habbo - like skin, and i want it full domain.

THE PROBLEM:
I have no coding skills or any of those skills AT ALL. I Look at forum makers and dont understand one bit of it. Html whatamajiggy? Meh. Does anyone Know ANY guides which can help a biggener create a forum. Please Help me! Thanks.

-Ertyy9.

illegal
02-01-2009, 07:10 PM
Learn HTML, basic PHP, basic Photoshop, then about exploits/hacking, then learn about advertising and running a website before even thinking about buying/creating anything for your forum. Forum's take countless hours of work to run and can take months to begin to become popular.

.Zi
02-01-2009, 07:31 PM
I doubt you will get very far untill you have learnt the things listed above ^^

ertyy9
02-01-2009, 07:33 PM
Where can i learn Basic html?

Fehm
02-01-2009, 08:25 PM
www.mybb.com (http://www.mybb.com) :)

Jackboy
02-01-2009, 08:54 PM
Learn HTML, basic PHP, basic Photoshop, then about exploits/hacking, then learn about advertising and running a website before even thinking about buying/creating anything for your forum. Forum's take countless hours of work to run and can take months to begin to become popular.

I wouldn't say they take countless hours. I managed to set mine up after a good 10 hours work. That is countable.

And why do you need to know HTML, PHP, Basic Photoshop & about exploits and hacking ?

illegal
02-01-2009, 09:42 PM
I wouldn't say they take countless hours. I managed to set mine up after a good 10 hours work. That is countable.

And why do you need to know HTML, PHP, Basic Photoshop & about exploits and hacking ?
You had a fully running forum in 10 hours with unique hits, good SEO etc? That's near impossible, seeing as Google can take a months to pick up your site.

HTML - Basic web design
PHP - Thats the language most forum scripts are coded in.
Photoshop - You need a bannar, you need to be able to edit your themes bannar etc.
Exploits/Hacking - Do you really want your website to get owned?

Tim.
02-01-2009, 10:01 PM
- You got the cash people will do it for you. I found my self in this situation, I bought a VB and didnt know anything about it, well i could work my way through it slowly, but the best thing I could of done is find myself an excellent Forum manager. This is what i reccomend you to do, if you do get hold of one.

Ajthedragon
03-01-2009, 10:33 AM
- You got the cash people will do it for you. I found my self in this situation, I bought a VB and didnt know anything about it, well i could work my way through it slowly, but the best thing I could of done is find myself an excellent Forum manager. This is what i reccomend you to do, if you do get hold of one.

As tim said you can pay someone to do it. ;)

Or bribe them off. :D

Fehm
03-01-2009, 11:46 AM

I think you'd need to know about exploits and hacking to make sure that the thing youve produced is secure, PHP to build algon with HTML, photoshop for design.

Also i agree with paying someone :P it's alot easier

efq
03-01-2009, 12:54 PM
If you don't know HTML and you wanna set-up a forum then its a bit worrying.

Lee
03-01-2009, 05:04 PM
proboards.com

No skill required! :P

also, why on earth would you need to know HTML or PHP to make a vB or MyBB forum? You only need to learn how to use the Admin CP - Easy to Edit Config's? No skill needed there?

habtasia
03-01-2009, 05:37 PM
Just use a free website for example: proboards.com (said above)

HappyChristmas
03-01-2009, 10:29 PM
why start a forum when you have no knowledge of anything?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!