PDA

View Full Version : need information about habbo fansites.

thehostingguys
02-01-2009, 08:51 PM
hey,

i wanted to no about online radio streaming/broadcasting license for habbo fansites. do we need to buy one when we are starting out own radio?

i have emailed this big streaming/broadcast company before saying about online radios they said i need to buy one but that was when i was making a non-habbo online radio.

so yeah get to my point do i need to buy one or not? its for a habbo fansite.
i have emailed habbo saying but they keep given stupid replys back and not even answering my question

thanks.

Thread Moved by MattGarner (Forum Super Moderator): From: Discuss Anything, better suited in here.

dirrty
02-01-2009, 08:54 PM
dont bother it wont work

thehostingguys
02-01-2009, 08:59 PM
dont bother it wont work

dont bother ???

ive already made one just wanna no

Tim.
03-01-2009, 05:55 PM
Right the rules and regulations on this sort of thing, from what i know are very vague, you are supposed to have a license for streaming on-line ss i got very worried about doing this previously and contacted Ofcom, who told me that a license would cost approximately £209 per year. I was then told because i was under 16 and it was in my name, there is a loop hole there and not much can be done apart from my website possibly closed down, or a warning issues. And i've never heard of a fan site to be shut down because of licensing issues, its when you reach upwards of 800 listeners things might get a little dodgy.

Don't take my word as the final, i contacted them a while back so these things may be out of date.

Also its the royalty fees you need to be worried about not the licensing, you can get done like people committing piracy theft, as your not paying for every single song your playing on air.

Lucas0123
03-01-2009, 07:05 PM
its when you reach upwards of 800 listeners

800 U Wish LOL.

Okay er im not sure but i believe tim is right its something to do with ur age i take tims word :eusa_clap

Tim.
03-01-2009, 07:59 PM
800 U Wish LOL.

Yes? When a site starts to reach upwards of 800 listeners then people will start noticing it, which is when it could run into problems with the licensing regulators if they dont have a license?

Im not quite sure what you thought i was saying?

HabboLive
07-01-2009, 07:45 PM
Habbo Fansites do not need a license due to the fact that most sites don't get more then 200 listeners. If you are broadcasting to over 200 and is a real radio not a fansite radio then you will need one.

awelsh
07-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Habbo Fansites do not need a license due to the fact that most sites don't get more then 200 listeners. If you are broadcasting to over 200 and is a real radio not a fansite radio then you will need one.

The fact its a habbo fansite makes no real difference atall. If he got caught then it would still be the same for a habbo fansite as it would be for a normal station.

If that was the case then no one would pay for a license and they would claim to be a habbo fansite to get it for free.

e5
07-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Yes? When a site starts to reach upwards of 800 listeners then people will start noticing it, which is when it could run into problems with the licensing regulators if they dont have a license?

Im not quite sure what you thought i was saying?
I think he meant that this guys site wouldn't get 800 listeners. That's what I gathered from it :).

HabboLive
08-01-2009, 09:08 PM
The fact its a habbo fansite makes no real difference atall. If he got caught then it would still be the same for a habbo fansite as it would be for a normal station.

If that was the case then no one would pay for a license and they would claim to be a habbo fansite to get it for free.

I did not mean that habbo fansite dont need it. I was saying since habbo fansites do not get over 200 listeners they do not need one. Anything over 200 you will need to get one.

Kevin
08-01-2009, 10:54 PM
dont bother it wont work

To be honest, dirrty has preety much sumed it up, there once was a demand for alot of fansites, but that demand has since decreased and If your not Oficial at this stage, you dont have a hope, Now saying that there are some quite popular un-official habbo fansites, It's a waste of money and the chances of it taking of are about 16/100

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!