PDA

View Full Version : McAfee Security

Lee
03-01-2009, 12:38 PM
Hi,

I have a problem with my McAfee,

Its scanned and says the files are ok...

Then, in the main menu, Action Required under Computer and Files,

it says "The Detection Signature File is over 30 Days Old"

If I click FIX it does nothing.

Please help - +Rep / x2

scottish
03-01-2009, 02:28 PM
Update the virus scanner?

Lee
03-01-2009, 04:55 PM
What do you mean? Lol:P

scottish
03-01-2009, 05:21 PM
The virus signature is one of the things it searches files for (a virus will leave a signature in the file) so it searched for the signature, if its out of date then you ened to update the database.

kuzkasate
03-01-2009, 05:30 PM
Hi,

I have a problem with my McAfee,

Its scanned and says the files are ok...

Then, in the main menu, Action Required under Computer and Files,

it says "The Detection Signature File is over 30 Days Old"

If I click FIX it does nothing.

Please help - +Rep / x2

I had that, you can buy it. But I recommend you get rid of it ASAP because soon after, my computer got infected (and not once)

You
03-01-2009, 05:31 PM
open up mcafee, choose advance menu and click on restore

Lee
03-01-2009, 05:46 PM
no files in either of the cat's Marcus, and what do you mean cutbrakes? Ty people :P

Ardemax
03-01-2009, 06:03 PM
If its the free version of McAfee, i'd advise to get some other free internet security *pm me for some links*.

if you've paid for mcafee, then erm, i cant say it was a wise investmant imo, but erm, ill look into it.

Lee
03-01-2009, 06:08 PM
Paid - and :O

kuzkasate
03-01-2009, 06:46 PM
1. Firstly, I didnt pay for it.

DJ-Huntey, I mean that thanks to McAfee I had loads of viruses. They kept promptiting me to buy their version and I decided to ignore it, soon after I had serious problems. Then, my windows got infected! Then I had to restart it fully (do recovery) on my computer so I started from scratch. Then I got 30 days for McAfee again, soon it ended. I downloaded AVG and AVG found alot of viruses from McAfee, it said so in their files. Now your wondering, OMG YOU NOOB YOU DOWNLOADED THE FAKE VERSION, well I didnt. It was my dads friend and hes a computer man.

scottish
03-01-2009, 06:54 PM
McAfee doesn't infect your computer lol, either AVG has a hell of alot of false positives to encourage not using mcafee (which is illegal i think o.0)

Ardemax
04-01-2009, 11:32 AM
McAfee doesn't infect your computer lol, either AVG has a hell of alot of false positives to encourage not using mcafee (which is illegal i think o.0)

yep, against da law to do the omgg tellin off them

ok, how long did you buy mcafee for? because i think you can get your money back if you're not satisfied.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!