PDA

View Full Version : YourHabbo Radio - Staff needed

drwho101
04-01-2009, 04:26 PM
After a long time in planning and requesting by the community of YourHabbo.co.uk, the time is coming for the site to get its own radio station!

But we are looking for DJs! You don't have to be the best of the best, and if you wish can make YourHabbo the first time of being an online DJ. (Those new to the world of DJing must read the red headed messages as well as the black ones).

What's Online DJing?
Being an online DJ means that you will have to talk to people who are listening and play a variety of music that satisfies all listeners as best you can. You will gain access to the exclusive and custom built YourHabbo "DJ Lounge" where all the requests and shouts come through as well as the tools for keeping the radio running as smooth as possible.

What's Involved?
Well at present, all DJs will be required to DJ at least 2 hours a week. This however depends on the timetable and how many people are DJing and how often. But updates on this will be posted in the DJ Lounge.

How Do I DJ Online?
There are two main software packages that are popular with online DJs. The most popular is one called SAM Broadcasting. This is the best one on the market as it allows you to talk (and the dreaded singing) over the songs for introductions or backing tracks as well as mix in songs and engage a sophisticated Automatic DJ for when you need those much needed comfort breaks or your mum/dad is ordering you to go to the shops or do a chore in the middle of your show! YourHabbo however will not be able to provide you with a serial/activation, so it is up to you to get one!

Alternatively, you can go for the free option which is to get Winamp and SHOUTcast plugin. This works well, however only allows you to play one tracka at a time and switch between mic and Winamp as the inputs, not allowing voiceovers, unless you have speakers in the background.

Tutorials for setting up will be available from the DJ Lounge.

What's the pay?
Unfortunately, as YourHabbo is a fan site, we do not have enough money to pay any of our site staff and therefore all work is on a voluntary basis.

What sort of music shall I play?
Depending on requests, time of day/year and the audience or show, you decide what music to play. If you are not broadcasting a show of a particular genre, e.g. 80's Show or UK TOP 40, then try to judge the genre by the requests coming through. If you get requests for things like Katy Perry and Pink, then play music of a similar style, as it will be these songs that the audience are clearly interested in. If you are receiving a variety of request genres, then play a variety.

It's my first time, what do I do?
Don't worry, if it is your first radio DJ job online, then radio management will be there to guide you through. You will be given reduced timetabling, just to ease you into the role. Tutorials are also available online, so why not Google it and have a read up.

Applying
You can send a PM to me, Harry, on YourHabbo.co.uk.
Make sure you make the subject "Radio Application" and include the following in the message.

Your Name and Email
Country of residence and preferred hotel
Your Habbo Name (in the preferred hotel)
Rough amount of LEGAL songs in your library
DJ software (e.g. SAM or Winamp)
Do you have a microphone?
Why you would be perfect for the job
A link to a 30 second clip of you DJing
DJ Name

Good luck to all those who apply!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!