PDA

View Full Version : (+14rep) PAYPAL URGENT

Ostinato
05-01-2009, 12:25 PM
Hiya, needing some quick help with a paypal q.

Basically I opened a dispute with a guy the other week because something I received wasn't as it was described and it was quite a lot of money. He first of all refused any refund claiming it was my fault and he had described as that because he thought thats what it was.

I made it clear to him though I wasn't accepting that though and that it was his responsibility as a seller to put up the facts and not his assumptions which, in turn, misled me.

Anyway I opened a dispute and I think he realised he didn't have a chance so I said I would be happy with a £50 refund. He then agreed but said he would need to wait until 5th January til he got paid. I agreed as I understand today is the day a lot of people start getting paid again after Christmas. I still have like another week to escalate the dispute to a claim, so I thought well why not just wait and give him a chance to pay - if not I will escalate.

Anyway he has emailed me there saying that he can't pay me because payapl have frozen his account....
Is he trying to pull a fast one here?

Before, someone scammed me (funnily enough lol) when they opened a dispute on something they bought from me and it only refunded the money so that neither of us had it until the dispute was sorted. However, he is saying that his full account has been frozen so he can't send any money out.

Is he talking crap or do you think this could be the case? I'm a bit sceptical as, as I say, I don't remember anything like that happening me just because of one dispute (not even escalated to a claim!). I emailed him saying that wasn't really my problem as he has had plenty of time to realise he was going to have a problem and saying how that didn't happen to me.

I know its a lot to read but I would really appreciate any help! Thanks

womanizer
05-01-2009, 12:42 PM
You should do the claim and then add details saying that he has said his account is frozen if it is Paypal will most likely be in your favour because he is frozen for a reason. PayPal can still take the money from him and give it to you and send him out a bailiffs debt letter asking for the cash.

brandon
05-01-2009, 12:49 PM
Don't worry, Paypal always favour the buyer in this kind of situation!

Ostinato
05-01-2009, 12:52 PM
Yeh but do you think he has actually had his account frozen or is he just talking crap?

He said to me that I should close the dispute then that will let him pay - but I am obviously not going to close until he pays up.

brandon
05-01-2009, 12:53 PM
Yeh but do you think he has actually had his account frozen or is he just talking crap?

He said to me that I should close the dispute then that will let him pay - but I am obviously not going to close until he pays up.
Hmm, even if his account was frozen a lot of accounts are frozen because of fraud which is kind of ironic lol

Ostinato
05-01-2009, 12:56 PM
I don't see why they would freeze his whole account just because of one dispute that I have opened.

In my experience, when I open a dispute it just deducts the money temporarily so that no1 has it until it has been sorted.

brandon
05-01-2009, 12:59 PM
I don't see why they would freeze his whole account just because of one dispute that I have opened.

In my experience, when I open a dispute it just deducts the money temporarily so that no1 has it until it has been sorted.
I wouldn't believe it if I was you, if it has been frozen it's probably for a number of transactions and that's suspicious

James!
05-01-2009, 01:54 PM
I'm sure the money gets sent back to you within 14 days (automatically) if it isn't resolved between you both through the chat thing anyways. Or PayPal will just look into it and give you the money back.

Ostinato
05-01-2009, 03:00 PM
He has just sent me the following email:-

HI AGAIN IVE TRIED 3 TIMES TO PAY £50 BUT PAYPAL WONT LET ME MAKE THE PAYMENT IF I CAN SEND A POSTAL ORDER TODAY FOR THE AMOUNT IM NOT RIPPING YOU OFF PAYPAL ISNT ALLOWING ME TO DO IT I HAVENT TRIED E CHEQUE BUT YOU WOULD HAVE TO WAIT LONGER THE ONLY OTHER ALTURNATIVE IS A BANK TRANSFER STRAIGHT TO YOUR OWN BANK ACCOUNT I WANT THIS CLEARED UP AS MUCH AS YOU DO ON MY PAYPAL PAGE IT SAYS ACCOUNT HELD WHICH I UNDERSTAND MEANS FROZEN SO PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU DECIDE IVE GOT ONLINE BANKING IF YOU WANT IT IN YOUR BANK TODAY

Grrr what should I do? lol I don't wanna say okay give me the bank transfer then he somehow cancels that or gets it back somehow? And if I take a postal order it will probably take to long for it to get to scotland, clear adn me to get the money will it not?

Hitman
05-01-2009, 03:10 PM
I've never done a PayPal dispute/claim, so I dunno how it works exactly... if you submit messages on the PP site via the claim, make him submit one saying "I will refund £50". Then PayPal will unfreeze his account (if he's telling the truth).

MrGazet
05-01-2009, 03:35 PM
If I were you I won't close the dispute.If he has a frozen account,it is a red flag.Best thing u can do is contact paypal?I;m sure they can help u more with this.If not,u'll just have to wait the postal order which can be lost somwhere? or he can make up tht he sent it alredy.Just dnt close ur dispute & try to solve things within paypal.Best of luck and never deal with him again

Ostinato
05-01-2009, 03:43 PM
Don't worry I won't be dealing with him.

Okay so do you think I should just contact paypal? I have until the 15th until it's closed automatically, so I will contact them somehow and hopefully they will reply before then and unfreeze his account to give me a partial refund. If not, then I will escalate and outline I am only looking for a £50 refund then onwards...

Grrr I was kinda hoping for the money soon too lol

Jord
05-01-2009, 04:05 PM
If his account is frozen it will still go on frozen means you've come into alot of money and you need to prove where you live I doubt he he didnt prove where he lived

MrGazet
05-01-2009, 04:17 PM
Don't worry I won't be dealing with him.

Okay so do you think I should just contact paypal? I have until the 15th until it's closed automatically, so I will contact them somehow and hopefully they will reply before then and unfreeze his account to give me a partial refund. If not, then I will escalate and outline I am only looking for a £50 refund then onwards...

Grrr I was kinda hoping for the money soon too lol

yeah u shud if u wanna settle things between paypal which is best.if u dnt,his accnt will still be frozen & he cnt refund u?just gotta be patient man :D

Ostinato
05-01-2009, 05:51 PM
he has just posted:-

paypal will not unfreeze my account until the dispute is closed either by yourself or by them, it automatically gets closed on the 15th january. A bank transfer cannot get cancelled it is an immediate payment and is the only solution available to me. I am not in the habit of ripping people off and find the thought of that assumption offensive. if you give me your bank details it can all be done and dusted very quickly and that will be the end of this annoying matter.

What dya'll think?

today
05-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Stick to paypal, least its all recorded then tbh. And you'e got backup/

Yonder
05-01-2009, 07:33 PM
They do freeze your account though if a complaint has been filed against you and they take away the amount of the item and hold it untill they decide.

Ostinato
05-01-2009, 07:36 PM
So do you think I should let him send me a bank transfer? Could he cancel that or get it back?

2LQ
05-01-2009, 07:45 PM
yh ive had a few bank transfers canceled :(
Keep the dispute open and contact paypal. If he is lying about his account being frozen paypal will decide in your favour and you will probaly get a full refund. Don't trust on postal order as someone else said they he will just say its been sent then you say you didn't get it then he calls you a scammer lol (for trying to get more money out of him, he would see it that way lol)

Just ask paypal to check :)
say your wanting a refund they should do it lol :eusa_dancGl:eusa_danc

edit: I live in scotland too. NEVER!!! trust the postal service here o.O ive been waiting 3 weeks for a parcel from inverness nvm england or something?

Ostinato
05-01-2009, 07:53 PM
Lol I know our postal service is crap.

It's only a partial refund though... I emailed them a few hours ago. How long does it normally take, anyone know?

Yeh I am not doing the postal order, and I don't want him to end up cancelling the bank order. I'd rather just keep it all through paypal - but at the same time I want it all finished with.

You
05-01-2009, 07:55 PM
He's obviously trying to scam you, I haven't read it all fully but I've saw him mention online banking, closing the dispute etc... Once you close the dispute, he could easily close his account. I would honestly contact Paypal and see what they can do.

2LQ
05-01-2009, 07:55 PM
Lol I know our postal service is crap.

It's only a partial refund though... I emailed them a few hours ago. How long does it normally take, anyone know?

Yeh I am not doing the postal order, and I don't want him to end up cancelling the bank order. I'd rather just keep it all through paypal - but at the same time I want it all finished with.

hunt him down and threaten him with a banana!!!!

Paypal should give you a full refund if they can be botherd looking into it o.O
But sometimes there realy weird? I had an email from paypal saying there was a problem with my credit card on my account. I dont have a credit card attached to my account lol........

Ostinato
05-01-2009, 07:58 PM
Ok Ok I think I am better holding off and leting paypal deal with it how they like

Hitman
05-01-2009, 08:01 PM
From past experience with things, you're best to wait with PayPal, take it nice and slow and make sure it's done properly. When things are rushed they usually go bad or don't happen.

Lµke
05-01-2009, 08:02 PM
Ok Ok I think I am better holding off and leting paypal deal with it how they like

I know for a fact he is trying to con you. Escalate it to a claim ASAP if you haven't done already. I remember when my account got frozen i refunded the money without a problem from my balance straight back to them, so i know hes trying to con you.

Escalate to a claim and Paypal should favour you, and as been said before, will deduct the money from his balance to a -0.00 credit, and credit your account and then they will attempt to reclaim the money off him themselves.

Madox
05-01-2009, 08:05 PM
Lol hes waiting for the money to clear, hes probally using a savers account which will take 1 week + the money has been refused by his bank because of any reassons ( Bank susspicous) and hes trying to buy time

Jord
05-01-2009, 08:27 PM
he has just posted:-

What dya'll think?

Dont cancel it hes trying to fool you

Ostinato
06-01-2009, 12:03 AM
I am gonna escalate to a claim tomorrow as he has had long enough and I have given him enough time.

Thank you all so much for your advice and I will try and keep you updated.

Al :)

[I will get repping now hehe]

Jord
06-01-2009, 01:08 AM
No problem :)

GoldenMerc
06-01-2009, 01:22 AM
What ever you do if he says my money's frozen because of the claim u have to cancel just say no click the 'return full refund' text link :D

Jord
06-01-2009, 02:50 AM
What ever you do if he says my money's frozen because of the claim u have to cancel just say no click the 'return full refund' text link :D

No because you can only open claims up once hence why people do "open claim then cancel" When buying stuff aka runescape accounts etc

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!