PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice about godswords

Mint
05-01-2009, 06:55 PM
I bought a bandos godsword yesterday even though I could afford a zammy godsword I didn't buy one because the difference with looks is hardly noticable so I thought that I would be paying like an extra 8 mil for nothing since they all have the same stats. But then I realised that they all had different special attacks, and the more expensive godswords seem to have better special attacks. But I would never really use the special attacks as I don't fight too challenging things or fight other players. So should I upgrade my godsword for an extra 8 mil or stick with my bandos? I could probably push to a Saradomin godsword but I really don't see the point in that. So what should I do?

As always I will be rewarding helpfull posters with a massive +4 rep points!!!! 0MGZZ!!!!!!111

The Don
05-01-2009, 06:58 PM
Keep the one you have, whats the point of blowing 8mill on a godsword just for the special if you dont use it?

Mint
05-01-2009, 07:09 PM
Yeh exactly but Im just thinking about if I get into a sticky situation with it, The spec attack whoops arse. Also for the difference in looks, makes me look richer. :P

MJJ
05-01-2009, 07:12 PM
Zamorak godsword is really only used for either Saradomin Godwars or for minigames like Castle Wars, so I think you should stick with Bandos godsword.

It really depends on what your going to use it for.
If your just going to be using it for training combat, and maybe fighting boss monsters, then stick with Bandos.
If you go to Saradomin Godwars a lot or play minigames like Castle Wars a lot, then buy a Zamorak godsword.

Mint
05-01-2009, 07:15 PM
What about a saradomin gs because that looks wicked and I could push out to one?

MJJ
05-01-2009, 07:18 PM
I think the special on the Saradomin godsword is the most useful.
I'd buy it if your going to be training Slayer a lot, or maybe a lot of monster hunting.

If your not going to be doing combat that much, stick with a Bandos godsword - no point spending a lot of money on something your not going to use.

If you are, then definetly get it.

JackBuddy
05-01-2009, 07:25 PM
I had a bgs once and liked it. I also think its special has one of the highest hitting specs... probably wrong though.

Arch
05-01-2009, 08:28 PM
Id stick with Bgs or go to Sgs not Zgs though :)

Slure.
05-01-2009, 08:38 PM
buy armadyl

Mint
05-01-2009, 08:43 PM
buy armadyl
Yeh I might when I have reached 99 fishing, I will buy an armadyl sword and have quite a few mil left for armour.

Militarycom.
05-01-2009, 09:08 PM
Actually the special have hardly any difference in the damage dealt, its just how your character performs the special attack thats different. Also Bandos is best in my opinion considering the fact thaat is best value.
Also it can depend on your armour (Looks), for instance if you wore bandos armor you'd want to get bandos GodSword. If you had Full Dragon Armor then get a Zamorak GodSword.

Rixion
05-01-2009, 09:31 PM
I think the Saradomin godsword is has the most useful special and it's my favourite

The pros are it doesn't degrade
It also restores prayer points
It is useful for long-time killing like staying killing monsters for hours-on-end and slayer tasks.

The cons are, if you hit low it might not heal enough, but thats not much of a worry :D

So yeah i'd go for the saradomin one out of them all, but if you dont want to spend a lot, the bandos godsword is also very good for its price and its special is helpful too :)

Mint
05-01-2009, 09:36 PM
I think I will get 99 fishing and wear:

Bandos chestplate
Bandos Tassets
Bandos Boots
Fishing skill cape (matches bandos)
Bandos Godsword
Fishing skill cape hood

:D

Callum.
05-01-2009, 10:34 PM
why fishing hood? pretty pointless bringing your def down

Arch
06-01-2009, 02:48 AM
yeah... i wouldnt wear fishing hood lmao

Rixion
06-01-2009, 07:28 PM
get d boots instead of bandos boots

LiveToDie
10-01-2009, 06:51 PM
For training the best GS is probably Saradomin as it heals you.

Although, i wouldnt use a GS for training as they hit real slow.

Notmuch
10-01-2009, 06:57 PM
stick with bandos until you can buy a armyadil they hit tons.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!