PDA

View Full Version : Habnet.co.uk

CANNIBALEX
05-01-2009, 07:22 PM
I originally aimed this site to be based mainly around it's tech support, although now its expanded and it's radio is it's main feature.

We Have:

128kb/s, 200 Slot 24/7 Radio Server
Tech Support Articles
Guides
News (Coming soon)
phpBB forum (moving to vB at some time)
Dedicated staff

& Plenty of job openings.

Leet
06-01-2009, 12:57 AM
www.Habnet.co.uk <-- Lazy Link.

free skin, i can see your coding by just going onto the site;o funky.

CANNIBALEX
06-01-2009, 10:47 AM
I know theres other topics in this section (when moderators bother to validate them, as i'm stil under first 15 posts)

I built the whole website myself, so I did not have the time to build a new layout, plus I'm not that experienced in php and JavaScript, only HTML.

We are hoping to change layouts soon, to one that's easier content management-wise so staff can upload articles etc.

hamheyelliot
07-01-2009, 08:26 PM
You'll definitely be wanting to at least change the deafult phpBB Logo maibe?

Romanity
09-01-2009, 03:45 PM
I built the whole website myself, so I did not have the time to build a new layout, plus I'm not that experienced in php and JavaScript, only HTML.

Maybe you should learn PHP?

But anyway, review time...

Content: 5/10 (Develop it further with PHP maybe some Javascript & AJAX)
Layout: 3/10 (Can't really rate it much, its falling apart and a lot of errors
Downtime: 6/10 (Up quite often, but got a lot of Internal Server Errors, thus bringing score down.)
Uniqueness: 5/10 (Like most sites really, mayeb develop it further with games?)
Features: 5/10 (Again, a fair few... but nothing that stands out)

From what I can see its an alright site. You need to fix the layout and possibly make and code one of your own.

My advice would be to learn PHP and then develop the site further with the introduction of that, there are some scripts with it... but none you made yourself I assume?

Hope you take that on board :)

Overal: 24/50 - 48%

Lewis
OurHabbo.Net :)

Jahova
09-01-2009, 03:57 PM
Loads of swearing on the radio. Might scare the little kiddys.

CANNIBALEX
10-01-2009, 12:46 AM
Maybe you should learn PHP?

But anyway, review time...

Content: 5/10 (Develop it further with PHP maybe some Javascript & AJAX)
Layout: 3/10 (Can't really rate it much, its falling apart and a lot of errors
Downtime: 6/10 (Up quite often, but got a lot of Internal Server Errors, thus bringing score down.)
Uniqueness: 5/10 (Like most sites really, mayeb develop it further with games?)
Features: 5/10 (Again, a fair few... but nothing that stands out)

From what I can see its an alright site. You need to fix the layout and possibly make and code one of your own.

My advice would be to learn PHP and then develop the site further with the introduction of that, there are some scripts with it... but none you made yourself I assume?

Hope you take that on board :)

Overal: 24/50 - 48%

Lewis
OurHabbo.Net :)

If your review is of version 2, It's not finished yet, and i'm working on several other proejcts at the same time.

CANNIBALEX
10-01-2009, 01:09 AM
You'll definitely be wanting to at least change the deafult phpBB Logo maibe?

There was something funked up with that, because I even deleted the file and put a new one in its place with same file name, changed the skins, but the logo wouldnt change. It's irrelevant because we're going to move to vB at somepoint

partyboy
10-01-2009, 03:38 AM
Internal Server Error In most Of the Pages Epic FAIL! You don't open A site with out First Fixing all the Problems:S

Louie
10-01-2009, 08:09 AM
Hmm.. wasnt HabboPixels.co.uk selling that layout on here?

The content is from another fansite.

Calon
10-01-2009, 10:01 AM
If your review is of version 2, It's not finished yet, and i'm working on several other proejcts at the same time.
Release as a private BETA. No accusing, but isn't that Habble.net's old layout?

Louie
10-01-2009, 10:31 AM
I think that is Habble's old layout and content for habble.

Have you brought the content from habble?

CANNIBALEX
12-01-2009, 02:28 AM
Internal Server Error In most Of the Pages Epic FAIL! You don't open A site with out First Fixing all the Problems:S

It works clientside, it's because my host is linux and doesn't support ASP, moving to a windows host currently.

And well done I bought the old habbopixels site and it's under a different name. Credit is given where credit is due, open your eyes

Calon
12-01-2009, 04:32 AM
There is no need to be that rude.

Yes, you should probably set your site under maintenance until you have the errors under control, but you shouldn't call him an "Epic fail".

CANNIBALEX
12-01-2009, 07:51 AM
I was planning on a maintainance page

the content came with what I baught. I bought the entire site minus the name hosting and domain and forum

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!