PDA

View Full Version : TV/Surround Sound Setup

AlexOC
06-01-2009, 04:49 PM
Hi hi hi.

Well i've started to set up my surround sound with my tv, and i've been trying to work out how to get my tv/virgin media and ps3 sound running through the surround soiund.

and the booklet says that i should connect everything to the tv with a HDMI cable, and use a digital cable (coaxial/optical) to connect the TV with the surround sound.

And i have to questions, I only have two HDMI ports, so i will use a HDMI splitter/hud thing to turn the 2 into 3.

1. Will the HDMI splitter/hub reduce the quality of the HDMI devices plugged into it.

2. If the sound from my ps3/virgin media box is coming through the HDMI cable to my tv, and to the surround sound from the tv via a digital sound cable, Theough that journey will the sound lose quality and will it still keep its surround status, or will it like or come out of the two front speakers.

Would it be better if i connect my tv/ps3/virgin media box to the surround sound induvidually to the surround sound via digital sound cables or will it make no difference to the quality compared to the easier option of the above.

If i connect them all induvidually i will have to use another digital sound splitter/hub as there is only 2 digital ports in my surround sound.

I hope i can get an anwser quick as i need to go to maplins, and it closes at 8 :rolleyes:

Thanks all.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!