PDA

View Full Version : Football Manager 2009

Malachy
06-01-2009, 06:25 PM
Right on my mum's computer FM09 installed fine and it works, but at my dad's whenever I put the FM09 CD in nothing happens? Does anyone know how I can fix this?
Thanks,
Haz.

PhilSCFC
06-01-2009, 07:27 PM
Does it give an error?

Haze
06-01-2009, 07:52 PM
It could be a problem with your Dad's CD Drive, try entering a CD, DVD or another game into it and see what happens.

Describe
06-01-2009, 08:19 PM
This could be a load of things. It sounds like your Dads computer isn't reading the disc (obviously) so check that other game discs work on his computer, it could be that his computer just has a problem that needs to be fixed when reading discs, it's happened to me before because i somehow deleted the disc drive.

- Try going on my computers and checking if it's there.
- Check the CD isn't scratched which makes it unreadable.

Stephen!
06-01-2009, 09:08 PM
First, it's a DVD not a CD so make sure his computer can read DVD's. If it can't then I would imagine it is very old and probably wouldn't be able to play the game anyway

Tristan
06-01-2009, 10:18 PM
No, it's because of the authentication that SI have introduced. It was supposed to somehow stop piracy versions but is just inconvenient for everyone.

Unfortunately you only get 5 licensed seats but can only install the game on one PC at a time.
You can't have it on both PCs I'm afraid.

Stephen!
06-01-2009, 10:33 PM
The installer will still boot up. That is not the reason.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!